Importing iTunes playlists in to BluOS app for Bluesound Node Streamer

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by OobuJoobu, Sep 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident Thread Starter

My master music library is built through iTunes, and stored on a NAS. I have probably between 100 and 150 playlists (smart and regular) that are very useful for me.

I have a Bluesound Node 2021 streamer, which points to wards my iTunes library on the NAS so that I can play all those files. This bit works perfectly.

The Bluesound Node is supposed to be able to automatically pick up and build iTunes playlists, from the iTunes XML file, when indexing. In my case it picks up all the playlist names and builds those (so there's proof it can at least see the iTunes XML file), however all of the playlists are empty in BluOS, no songs in them at all.

Bluesound have instructions that is supposed to help fix this, but it's not working. I know the answer is somehow relating to making sure file paths in iTunes and file paths in Bluesound match, and as far as I can see I've done that, but no success.

If I need to restructure my iTunes library in some way I'm happy to do that if it gets these playlists populated without messing anything else up!

In the BluOS app it picks up my iTunes library from the following location: \\WDMYCLOUD\Public\My Music\iTunes

This is the same folder where my iTunes XML file lives.

Anyone have any knowledge please of what I can tweak to get this working!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.