In Defense Of CD Box Sets

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audiomixer, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

I love CD box sets but I will admit sometimes with the lush and intricate packaging, I'm less inclined to pull them out and open them to listen to a disc. But I love them, regardless. Beautifully designed and compiled, how can one resist?

I love the Motown #1's box set, which was recently reissued with an extra disc.

[​IMG]

ibanez_ax likes this.
  2. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

I just found a pristine used copy of this and had to buy it ($99), as its one I missed out on but wanted for a long time. A fantastic collection of early 70s gems I grew up listening to on AM radio back then as a young teen. And you gotta love the "8 track" look.

jamesmaya likes this.
  3. I have nearly 150 of them so obviously love them for all the reasons people have mentioned.
    One tip kids.They tend to go out of print very quickly-now more than ever-so if one is coming out that sparks your interest don’t hesitate- buy,buy,buy!

ispace and Jimmy Agates like this.
  4. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Good move! A very fair price for a box in pristine shape. :righton:

KarlFarbman likes this.
  5. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

I haven't looked at the song listing for this, how is this different than the previous Motown box collections that were released? How many discs does it have, and cost?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.