In this Covid time, the USPS wants you to go into the post office and not mail from a mailbox...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by kwadguy, Dec 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

The USPS is replacing more and more of their standard blue boxes, which allowed you to ship packages, with new boxes that only allow you to insert letters.

What does this mean? A pain in the butt trip to the USPS. And, in this Covid time, unnecessary time with others.

Why would they do that? They claim it's because a few boxes in high crime areas were being vandalized. But the incidence of that in low crime areas? Low/none. Yet, here you go. Typically one dimensional thinking.

Oh, and as we head into the holiday season, I guarantee you that the lines at the USPS will be bad, and that the self-serve bins at the USPS will get filled up and the chutes will jam and not be usable. This happened in the old days, and it's gonna get worse now that they're forcing everyone into the post offices.

The post office wants to see more of you this Coronavirus season

2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I live in a very low crime area and the blue box outside of the post office was always being subject to mail theft. That box is gone. Good riddance. Since the pandemic began, I have gone to the post office almost daily. Wearing a mask, keeping distance and not touching anything, I'm no worse for the wear.

But yes, the lines are getting stupid long and will be that way for another couple weeks. I just have to deal with it because I never drop off. I want that acceptance scan to get things started. Upgrading to first class over media for 95%+ of my packages as well.

chazz101s likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.