Incredible Jazz Sale At Concord/OJC - Not Necessarily Good News

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by bresna, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bresna

bresna Senior Member Thread Starter

Recently, Concord bought the Fantasy/OJC conglomerate of labels. No one that I know thought this was a good thing for the future of the OJC catalog. It would appear that they are beginning to thin the catalog with a sale. The link is:
    http://store.concordmusicgroup.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BLOWOUT

I just ordered 30 CDs. When you order 30 or more, the price drops to $2.98 EACH! That's pretty damn cheap. There is a lot of incredible Jazz in this sale, including several classic Thelonious Monk, John Coltrane, Bill Evans and Miles Davis dates. They have even discounted the massive 16 CD John Coltrane box set.

Act now. When these titles go away, they might not ever come back.

EDIT: Someone is reporting that this sale is limited to US customers only. If this changes, I'll try letting you guys know. How stupid to have a website that only ships to the US? Dumb.

Kevin

2. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Unreal Kevin. Mixed feelings too, but I'm going to pick up some of the K2's that I don't have. Thanks!

3. Matti Saari

Matti Saari Senior Finn

Bill Evans box has been discounted too. No big surprise, since this was expected. I guess I'll pick up some.

4. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Holy...! Thanks for the link Kevin. These titles in these formats are not going back. Believe me.

Just ordered 10 K2 I was missing. Hope nothing goes to backorder :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

5. bresna

bresna Senior Member Thread Starter

Matti, unfortunately, people are saying that at this time, Concord says they won't ship internationally. I just found this out or I would have noted it in my first post. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

6. Matti Saari

Matti Saari Senior Finn

I just noticed that. :(

7. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

That is often a problem. Fortunately, an American friend of mine acts as a "middleman".

8. Burningfool

Burningfool Just Stay Alive

Thanks SO much for letting us know about this. I just placed an amazing order :)

Chris

9. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Kevin,

Thanks for separating me from more of my money. :D

I need more Bill Evans like I need a hole in the head, but I couldn't pass up the Riverside box for $54.98 plus $4 shipping. I probably have most everything included in there on individual CDs, but the box will be nice to look at. :)

John

10. King!

King! Senior Member

Ditto!! Amazon has it for $175.00!!

Todd

11. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Plus, I think it's OOP, or getting there. Amazon ships in 4-6 weeks, which pretty much means "forget about it."

12. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!!

Quick, somebody stop me!!

Uh oh, too late............... :righton: :goodie: :wave:

13. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

Yeah, this thread cost me some money too :D

14. Flatlander

Flatlander Forum Resident

Yep, I invested some money.
    Man-o-man what a deal!

Thanks, Kevin.

15. merkinmuffley

merkinmuffley Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up! $2.98 per CD and free shipping is quite a deal. After that purchase my credit card needs to cool down before going back in my wallet.

16. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

Thanks for taking 110.00 dollars out of my pocket, jerk.
    :D
    When is the last time you bought over 30 new cds for 100 bucks? Cant beat this deal with a stick.

17. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

How did you get free shipping? My checkout cart of 30+ discs wants $15 for FedEx shipping with no other alternative.

18. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Weird, I got free ground shipping with no other option.

I placed an insane order :eek: , but I've been trying to track down many of these discs in the $8 range used (in fact I put down $24 for 3 used OJCCD discs at $8 each last week...!). Under $3 a disc, for brand new discs, plus free shipping, is simply too good to pass up. :goodie:

I have a feeling that some of us are going to start getting "out of stock" emails on at least some of the items in our orders - reminiscent of last year's "Fools Gold DCC" rush for nothing at Amazon.com when someone screwed up their database temporarily and we all thought we were getting sealed DCC golds at list price... :shake:

I hope I'm wrong about that prediction, but I get the impression that a lot of forum members have placed orders today and I would guess that some of these titles are only left in their warehouse in small quantities.

Thanks for the information about this sale, Kevin!

Craig(VC).

19. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Now if only they'd dump all their old OJC LP stock at $3 a title . . . !

Craig(VC).

20. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Which titles are HIGHLY recommended?

21. b&w

b&w Forum Resident

thanks so much for the heads up on this. I have to agree that this simply cant bode well for these titles staying around. Get em while you can, i did in about a 100 of em. Thanks again.

22. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Anything with the K2 remastering is generally a good catalog seller. My guess is that Concord is clearing out K2s they anticipate replacing with their own Rudy Van Gelder remasterings.

23. bluesbro

:agree: and IMHO, the K2 > RVG

I doubt all the titles we bought are still in print. I have been trying to order the Ellington from multiple sites in the past months and they all canceled my orders.

24. merkinmuffley

merkinmuffley Forum Resident

As mentioned by another member, the only option I had was free ground shipping. There is a 10% off coupon code on the home page, but when I entered that in hopes of even a better deal, I got a message that the coupon had expired.

25. bluesbro

I believe free shipping is added when you spend $100 plus in an order

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.