Incredible Jazz Sale At Concord/OJC - Not Necessarily Good News

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by bresna, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I went officially nuts. And today I got the free shipping option.

2. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

As did I Ron...wow, that was a bit of money I didn't expect to be spending today! But when you get the chance to pick up 36 individual jazz CDs plus a 16 CD boxed set for under $200 - all of which have been on the radar screen for a long time - PLUS with free shipping - it's hard to pass up! :)

Thanks so much Kevin for bringing this amazing sale to our attention.

PS - you folks who don't live in CA are lucky dogs - I had to pay $13 in sales tax - what a rip off! :laugh:

3. Elegy

Elegy Forum Resident

This is most excellent. The best cd deal I've ever gotten.

I just ordered 39 jazz titles for $116.22 with free shipping.

I so excited. Many of these titles I've been wanting to get for quite some time.

Cheers

4. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Hey, maybe they'll be swamped with orders and reconsider: "Hmmm, maybe there is a consumer demand for this music if the price is right; let's start repressing all this great music and set the pricepoint at $7.98 list."

;)

Anybody ordered from Concord's website before? Do they fill orders quickly? How long do you think before we start getting "your order has shipped" emails?

Craig(VC).

5. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

I've ordered when they've had catalog sales before, but nothing quite like this blowout. Just one or two titles discounted to like $5 or so. Never had a problem with orders not being filled and they came within a week or so IIRC.

6. Roland Stone

Ah, I knew I could count on other forum members to make me feel relatively rational and restrained!

7. Another Side

Another Side Senior Member

I just noticed a coupon for 10% off on the Concord web site. The coupon code is catalog2006. I haven’t tried it, but it doesn’t say that it won’t work with sale items.

8. Roland Stone

According to post #42, it doesn't work with the sale.

9. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

Well of course within the past couple of months I picked up the Evans Riverside and Coltrane Prestige boxes, although I got the K2 Evans box (which was the one I wanted over the non-K2) and my Coltrane box was around this price anyway. And just 2 weeks ago I ordered the K2 Monk's Music direct from Concord's website (for about $18 shipped). Ugh.

Thanks for the heads up OP. I'll pick up a bunch of the K2's and other titles I've been wanting. Shouldn't have a problem reaching the $100 for free shipping. And as to the issue of whether they'll ship oop items, the Monk's Music K2 I ordered is basically unavailable anywhere right now, but they had it in stock. Shipped within a day or so and arrived shortly thereafter.

10. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Well, I ordered just about any artist that I liked and some of the K2 Miles discs.

They list all of the CCR K2 titles. (8 total)

$2.98 ... Amazing. (57 CDs)

11. paul cbc

paul cbc Senior Member

Loaded up my cart but was not able to get the free shipping-had over 30 cd's/$100. :shake:
    Any tips. :)

It's a good deal either way, obviously. Just would like a little icing on the cake. :p

Paul

12. Roland Stone

I don't know why one day I only got the $15.00 FedEx option and the next I got free shipping. I was over $100 both times.

I did clear my cart last night and re-shopped this morning, for what it's worth.

13. Roland Stone

Anyone beat b&w's approximate $300 total willing to 'fess up?

I'm guessing the jazz discussion boards are lit up like a pinball machine over this!

14. b&w

b&w Forum Resident

Hey you said you were 100X2, so just put one more order in and you'll be up at my total. :p

15. Roland Stone

I'll have you know that was one $200 order and not two $100 orders. There's a big difference!

16. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Um, my order was $363 and some change. :o

And not a single K2 in my order...

Craig(VC).

17. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

What jazz discussion boards? :rolleyes: :sigh:

18. bresna

bresna Senior Member Thread Starter

19. Elegy

Elegy Forum Resident

Well, I went back and ordered 30 more jazz titles and also picked up the Bill Evans and Coltrane box sets. I figured I'm never going to get another chance like this.....and at these prices. WOW! I can only hope that I get it all. Who knows. We shall see.

Cheers

20. Roland Stone

The ones that blame Norah Jones for the decline and fall of Western Civilization!

21. floyd

floyd Senior Member

If I get the Bill Evans Complete Riverside Recordings and John Coltrane Prestige Recordings what titles from these artists in the indivual albums do I not need? (what titles are covered in those boxsets? (I'm mean from the ones on this sale)

22. TOCJ-4091

TOCJ-4091 Senior Member

I was going to say that you'd probably need to pick up the Evans "Complete Village Vanguard '61" box that recently came out, but actually I think that everything is on the box you're about to order (tracks are just in a different order)??

23. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

So I just called Concord to check to see if I could add a few titles to my order from yesterday. They said it was already sent to the wherehouse so it couldn't be changed. Then I asked if I could still get the $2.98 price on a few new titles since I already made such a big order, and again the answer was no.

So now to add a few new titles at $7.98 or $5.98, plus shipping, it will ding me another $60+, instead of around $20+ to add it to my first order. So try to order everything you want in one order.

And more importantly, the rep at Concord said that since this is only the first wave of orders, everything should be in stock at this point, which is great news. No guarantees, but sounds promising.

24. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Excellent! My credit card company just let out a cheer. :laugh:

Thanks for this information.

Craig(VC).

25. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

Yeah, tell me about it. I just dropped about $220 on this damn sale. Granted, I got a ridiculous amount of music for that price, and over $50 was on the Bill Evans Complete boxset alone (I couldn't resist picking up another copy even though I own the K2 boxset already--somebody may be getting a nice gift from me).

But this is quite a sale. I picked up many of the Chet Baker, Monk, Miles, Hawes, etc. K2's, and many of the more obscure artists. I already have the Sonny Rollins and Coltrane complete Prestige boxes, so I avoided most of their discs. The Teddy Charles 'New Directions' is OOP everywhere and priced at $40 used and $55 new on Amazon marketplace, so I was psyched to pick that up on the cheap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.