Incredible Jazz Sale At Concord/OJC - Not Necessarily Good News

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by bresna, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Has anyone noticed any titles disappearing from the site yet? It's clear that they don't have real-time inventory (try buying 999999 of a title...it will let you, charging you close to $3 million!) No real time inventory sites SUCK BIGTIME. However, with prices like these, I'll let them suck.

Kwad

2. RDK

RDK Active Member

I ordered early last Wed. and only just now received a shipping confirmation. All 50 discs are shipping. I'm sure stock will be depleted eventually, but so far i've heard of very few cases of product being sold out. I wouldn't worry.

3. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Ordered wednesday too. No shipping confirmation yet. :confused:

4. DanG

DanG On Green Dolphin Street

I ordered Wednesday, too. I'm sure we'll receive shipping notification soon.

5. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Oh, the eternity between ordering and receiving! Still waiting for my shipping confirmation, too.

6. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

It appears Concord sends out shipping confirmations at the end of the day. I'm sure many of you will receive emails tonight.

7. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

No shipping confirmation for me yet, either. My order should've been processed first--all I bought was the Bill Evans Riverside box. You guys with your dozens of CDs should wait. :D

I'd have ordered more titles, but I already have a lot of stuff that was on sale. For example, the Red Garland and Hampton Hawes material, which I highly recommend to those looking for things to buy.

8. oldcuster

oldcuster Senior Member

:fingerscrossed:

I wonder if it matters one way or the other if we created an account when we made the purchase.

9. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Too bad this thread is not accessible to anonymous Hoffman Forums visitors (being in the Classifieds section) - else we could forward this thread link to Concord so they could keep up with how much some of us are suffering until we get our shipping confirmation emails. :D

(I'm still waiting on my shipping confirmation email.)

Craig(VC).

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I placed two orders late last night (about 2am EST Tuesday 07/18/06). I just got order confirmations that they'd shipped. Both were big orders.

Four items did not ship, apparently out of stock:

John Coltrane - Prestige Box Set
    John Coltrane - Soul Trane (OJCCD-021)
    John Coltrane - Lush Life (OJCCD - 131)
    Ted Curson - Plays Fire Down Below

Everything else I ordered (and I ordered a LOT of different titles) shipped...

Kwad

11. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Something is beginning to smell rotten. I placed my order Date:07/13/2006 00:58:16 CDT and only got the initial confirmation email within moments of ordering. Nothing since then.

My order was for about 79 single discs and two box sets. How does that compare with your order? ... The optimist in me pictures a big box with almost all of my order already pulled, but they're waiting to get a few items I ordered from some other location in the warehouse. The pessimist in me pictures that they set aside my order and won't fill it until they fill every smaller order they receive. :(

Craig(VC).

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I ordered at least one of almost every sigificant jazz title (OJCC,K2,limited editions), for a sum total of significantly more than 79...You might want to look into your order...

Kwad

13. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Darn. I've emailed them twice. I guess I'll try to call them tomorrow. You'd think they'd be happy to fill my large order and not sit on it!

Craig(VC).

14. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

I havent gotten the 2nd email either and I sent my order in on Wednesday. I got the first email from them right after I sent my order in, but I havent gotten confirmation that the order has been sent. I ordered over 30 discs.

15. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I ordered Friday morning (the 14th) and got an immediate "Thank You For Your Order" email and an "Order Confirmation" email about six hours later that same day. Nothing about shipping yet, however.

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The order confirmation email implies that it follows the shipment of your order. It states the number ordered and the number SHIPPED for each item.

Kwad

17. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!!

I placed 4 orders, 2 on the 12th , and 2 for friends about 3 days later. Around 2:00 today I received an email saying that my first 2 orders shipped. I was very worried! Hang in there, I'm sure they are just catching up with the flood of forum purchases. :righton:

18. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Right, I see that now when I go back and look at the email closer. It says the ship date is today... we'll see if they make that. :righton:

19. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

20. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

With the Internet, the deluge of orders is probably fast and furious as news of the sale hits discussion groups like us.

21. Iamthewalrus

Iamthewalrus goo goo g'joob

I ordered about 40 titles on Wednesday and have got no shipping confirmation either, only the initail order confirmation. I am a little concerned.

22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Word to the wise: Until your selections are IN HAND, you should keep the sale under your hat, or at least confined to smallish groups like this one...If you go shouting from the rooftops before you have what you want, you're likely to ruin it for yourself!

23. Geoman076

In addition, I received NO confirmation email for my first 2 orders placed very early. I received a "your Items have been shipped" email around 2:00, and Fedex tracking numbers around 8:00

For my orders placed 2 days later, I have received confirmation emails, but no "Your Items have been shipped", or Fedex tracking numbers.

So, My thought is that everyone who placed their orders very early, will be receiving a "Your items have been shipped" email shortly, bypassing the confirmation email, which I guess they didn't do with the initial wave of orders.

Hope that makes sense! :righton: :wave:

24. Geoman076

That was the 12th, the same day I placed my first 2 orders. You'll get an "Your items have been shipped" email shortly, I predict. :)

25. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

No e-mail yet for me, either.

Off-topic: Way to kill Joni Mitchell's great Hejira album cover for me, Craig. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.