Incredible Jazz Sale At Concord/OJC - Not Necessarily Good News

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by bresna, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burningfool

Burningfool Just Stay Alive

Well, today I finally got a shipping confirmation for my first order, eight days after I placed it. :righton:

Things must be very busy out there in that warehouse!

FWIW, they shipped 35 of the 36 CD's I ordered. Only one was listed as "cancelled" - it was "Soultrane" by John Coltrane. Most of my order was K2's. I'm a happy guy today.
    Thanks again, Kevin, for posting the details of this sale. :wave:

Chris

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I noticed today that there are now only 214 jazz titles available on the Concord site, down from 221 a few days ago, and presumably down a bit more from when the sale started.

Anyone know what titles have disappeared from the list?

Kwad

3. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Gene Ammons K2 is gone
    Dolphy Outward Bound is gone
    Monk plays Ellington is gone
    Sonny Rollins Worktime is gone

Not sure if Creedence's Cosmos Factory was available.. is not there now either.

4. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

I still havent gotten a confirmation email either and I ordered my stuff on Wednesday 12th. If they are out of some of the big titles I want I will be pissed. Shouldnt orders be filled on a first come first serve basis? Of course, how pissed can you get when you are paying 3 dollars a disc.

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

It looks like any titles that disappeared from the list have reappeared. Maybe they've found more stock.

It's sobering to realize that even though most of the titles on the jazz list are purportedly limited editions (probably only 2-3K copies), and even with the flurry of sales due to this sale, none are quickly selling out. That means a lot of copies of even first rank jazz titles by artists such as Theloneous Monk and Miles Davis don't really sell much, and a label like Fantasy (before Concord bought them) was almost doing a public service by keeping a lot of this stuff in print.

Kwad

6. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I'm with you; I don't get why they don't fill the orders in the order they were placed... Unless maybe they didn't have some of the titles we ordered in their warehouse and so they were holding up orders that included those titles until the stock could arrive from some other place? Just taking a wild guess - trying to rationalize what doesn't make sense from my perspective.

I also ordered on the 12th but haven't gotten a confirmation email (and my credit card's "pre-authorization" that was posted soon after the order was placed has expired, so the funds are available again :( ). After several unsuccessful emails and phone calls over the last week, I'm going to try waiting quietly from now on and see if they decide to fill at least part of my order at some point in the future.

I suppose I'll still survive if I don't end up getting any of these CDs for $3 each. ;)

Craig(VC).

7. merkinmuffley

merkinmuffley Forum Resident

I too ordered on 7-12 and have not received a shipping confirmation. My email went unanswered and the phone was never answered until last Friday. The person I spoke to said that shipping normally takes 5-10 business days. If you ordered on 7-12 then it should be shipped by 7-26. I did confirm that my order was received and in the queue.

8. bresna

bresna Senior Member Thread Starter

My wife called to tell me that my 30 CDs came in today.

Kevin

9. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

You guys got a phone number to call to check on your order? I couldnt even find an email address. What's the number?

10. merkinmuffley

merkinmuffley Forum Resident

The phone number is 1-800-551-5299
    email: [email protected]

I got an email to day saying my order had shipped. All the cds I ordered on 7-12-06 were included.

11. Burningfool

Burningfool Just Stay Alive

My Evans and Coltrane box sets arrived today! :righton:

Chris

12. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!!

Both of my orders arrived today that I placed on the 12th. :righton:

13. bluesbro

Is Concord shipping these packages using 'Signature Required' with Fedex?

14. bluesbro

To answer my own question: No

Mine arrived today. Oh boy, those K2 sure look preety!!

15. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Whew, finally got my shipping confirmation email today.

Craig(VC).

16. b&w

b&w Forum Resident

finally got a shipping notice for my order on the 25th. order was placed on the 13th. Don't have to go into the stupidity of having to wait three days for delivery when the order is only going from the middle of the same state to the end of it. I can't really complain about that sense shipping was free.

17. Elegy

Elegy Forum Resident

My first order placed on the 13th arrived yesterday. I received no correspondence other than the first "thank you for ordering" email. The package just showed up. Anyway, all 39 where there including Coltrane's Lush Life.

I also checked the status on my other two orders placed on the 14th and 19th. Both are in the warehouse and will ship soon. Those I had to pay for Fedex shipping ($15) but who cares. I ordered 99 ceedees and two box sets (Coltrane and Evans) between those 3 orders at unbelievable savings. I took full advantage of this sale as I may never see this again.

Cheers

18. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I got Fedex confirmation of my order shipping as well.

By the way, does the sale appear to be over?

19. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

Doesn't look like it.

Sale

20. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Just got my package today... Looks kinda cool to see all those iconic OJC spines lined up next to each other. ;)

21. JackJD

JackJD All I Want is the Truth...

:mad: 1st order for 40+ cds on July 13th - free shipping; Second order 60+ cds on July 17th - $15 shipping. July 28th... nothing... no notification of shipment, or actual shipments... :cry:

All of you more fortunate, ENJOY YOUR CDs! :righton:

22. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I ordered mine July 12 and received it July 28. And I'm only 2 days away via ground shipping (California to Oregon). Some of the larger orders are taking longer.

Maybe you'll get at least your July 13 order next week?

Craig(VC).

23. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

My July 13th and July 14th orders shipped earlier this week via fed ex. They're taking their sweet old time to get out to NY though. Can't wait to get 'em. Later order has not shipped yet. About 50 CD's total.

24. Another Side

Another Side Senior Member

I ordered on July 13th, and I have not received confirmation of shipping. I called concord yesterday to ask about my order, and they said that my order has not yet shipped. I can understand that they were a bit overwhelmed with the response, but even so it should not take them this long to process all the orders. :shake:

25. JackJD

JackJD All I Want is the Truth...

I spoke (wrote) just a tad too soon... I just received a shipping notice from fed-ex. I suppose its the first order only. Did others have multiple individual orders shipped together?

Just thought of something... Do you think that perhaps Concord was (is) filling the "smaller" orders first in order to sell the disks for $5.98/$7.98 instead of $2.98 for orders >30? Whattaya think... Very possible?? :agree:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.