Incredible Jazz Sale At Concord/OJC - Not Necessarily Good News

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by bresna, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I got my order! Nothing I ordered was back-ordered, and everything was packed as well as could be expected. I mean, whatta ya want for $2.98/CD and free shipping?

Incidentally, the shipper is Fedex Ground, their UPS equivalent, not regular Fedex. So four or five days from West Coast to East Coast. Thanks for posting this sale; it really is a once-in-a-lifetime deal.

2. Elegy

Elegy Forum Resident

I just called Concord to find out the status of my last two orders. The order placed on the July 14th shipped out on August 2 but I received no email confirmation. Anyway, the customer service rep was very helpful and gave me my tracking number and the estimated delivery date which is August 8th. Hooray! That's the order with the box sets.....(plus 30 more ceedees):)

The order placed on the July 19th has not yet shipped and Concord cannot say when that will happen. They must be extremely busy over at there. And I have to believe most orders are in the 30+ item range.

The orders are getting out. Just need a lot of patience.

3. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

My July 13th order#5627 should arrive 8/7/06. (according to the tracking system)

4. Roland Stone

Man, considering I picked out my titles on dumb "feel," I'm really happy with the discs I've auditioned so far. The "Living Legends" series is highly recommended to anyone who loves traditional jazz.

5. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

6. portisphish

portisphish Forum Resident

Well, being unemployed at the moment this thread really hurts me. Against all of my better judgement, I placed an order. It was just too hard to pass up. Looks like my re-issue mono yellow submarine, and my nude electric ladyland are headed to the auction block to finance this purchase. Besides all of the jazz titles, I also picked up a few titles listed under R and B. Joe Hicks, Betty Everett, and Carla Thomas. Just thought I'd mention that there are other things besides Jazz. All of the CCR's can also be had for $3 a piece to anyone interested. This forum never ceases to amaze me with its' ability to remove cash from my wallet. Thanks a lot!....LOL.

7. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

Well, my order arrived today. Why do I feel like the guy who just took four plates from the buffet? Lots of good listening ahead.

8. Elegy

Elegy Forum Resident

Right on schedule. The July 14th order arrived yesterday, August 8th. I just need the July 19th order now and then I'm done. I figure middle of next week. That's okay, I've got enough music to keep me occupied for weeks.

Cheers

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

How slow can Concord be? I placed a few orders, starting on Jul 17. Not one of them has shipped...(The one from Jul 17 is #583*.)

I mean, 4 weeks to ship? Do they have one guy working one hour a day or something?

Kwad

10. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I am really glad for all of you who can really go for it and take advantage of this super sale! Enjoy it for those of us who do not live in the US and cannot.

Cheers!

Simon

11. spot1019

spot1019 Forum Resident

I hear ya man (as opposed to hearing CDs)

I ordered 2 Bill Evans box sets which did show up about a week ago, but the big single disc order has had nothing but the original order confirmation.

12. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Still waiting for my July 19th order. A month without a shipping notice. Must be some kind of a record.

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Well, now I'm getting annoyed...

I placed four orders between 7/17 and 7/19.

I just got notice that the LAST of the four orders has shipped. None of the others has shipped. And the order number attached to the order that did ship changed completely (was 58xx, now 124xx!)

Oh, and the following titles were not shipped, as they are apparently out of stock:

Coltrane boxed set
    Sonny Rollins - Worktime
    Art Pepper - Smack Up
    Ted Curson - Plays Fire Down Below

What REALLY sucks is that because of the cancellations, this order got a lot smaller, yet they didn't reduce the shipping. I probably wouldn't have even placed this order, given the shipping cost, if I'd known they were going to reduce it this much...

Kwad

14. Elegy

Elegy Forum Resident

15. Elegy

Elegy Forum Resident

Same here. Order #5886. I'm going to call them today. In my previous two orders, not once did I receive shipping confirmation via email. I had to call them to get the tracking number for the second order. The first order just showed up unannounced.

Concord is completely unprepared for this sale. This has now become ridiculous.

16. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

I got my shipping confirmation 2 days ago. I'll get it after a month.

17. luckett

luckett Forum Resident

I placed my order on July 19 and I received an e-mail today saying my order was shipped yesterday.....I must admit they are slow and they have a lack of communication skills....

18. Elegy

Elegy Forum Resident

At least you're getting notifications.

I called Concord (again, very friendly service reps) and my July 19th order shipped on August 15th with an expected arrival date of August 21st. They gave me the tracking number as well.

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I called Concord today to ask why my 4th order shipped, but not orders 1-3. They said that because order 4 was much smaller, it shipped first, and that the larger orders are "taking a long time to process". I can't imagine why...I would expect they would have bins with each title, and they'd just pull based on item number. But that's what they told me...So my orders 1-3 have STILL not shipped, and he didn't know when they might ship (although he was polite about the whole thing).

Kwad

20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I called Concord today to ask why my 4th order shipped, but not orders 1-3. They said that because order 4 was much smaller, it shipped first, and that the larger orders are "taking a long time to process". I can't imagine why...I would expect they would have bins with each title, and they'd just pull based on item number. But that's what they told me...So my orders 1-3 have STILL not shipped, and he didn't know when they might ship (although he was polite about the whole thing).

Kwad

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Kwad

22. Elegy

Elegy Forum Resident

Order received today. Thirty more gems. So much great music that I had no idea existed. I love this sale.

23. Roland Stone

For $2.98/disc, I can wait six weeks!

In the words of Comic Book Guy, "Greatest . . . music . . . sale . . . ever." Really.

24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

All four of my orders have FINALLY shippped...

Now Out of stock titles include:

Coltrane Lush Life
    Coltrane Traneing In
    Eric Dolphy Outward Bound
    Sonny Rollins Worktime
    Art Blakey & JM Ugetsu
    Miles Davis Collectors Items
    Eric Dolphy At Five Spot
    Bill Evans Explorations
    Shelly Mann My Fair Lady
    Red Garland Garland's Piano
    Thelonious Monk Misterioso
    Thelonious Monk Himself
    Thelonious Monk Plays Duke Ellington
    Sonny Rollins Sound of Sonny
    Ted Curson Plays Fire Down Below
    Dave Brubeck Jazz @ Oberlin
    Al Cohn Broadway
    John Coltrane Lush Life
    Miles Davis Bag's Groove
    Jon Eardley From Hollywood to NY
    Bill Evans Everyone Digs
    Honi Gordon Sings
    Coltrane boxed set

25. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

Plus, I believe Art Pepper 'Smack Up' K2 is gone as well. Fortunately, that was in my first order so I got that one. Love it.

All three of my orders are now in hand. About 50 titles total, plus the Evans boxset. I already owned the Coltrane boxset. Put a little [big] dent in my wallet, but what a collection of great music I just received. Lots of fun listening to these.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.