Indiana Jones 5 (Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny) *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

They're basing this only on "endings"? Indy movies are about the experience of going back in time to that particular era with an authentic immersive look to that imagined world that made those kind of serial action and adventure shows so romantic and dreamlike. It's why we like B&W noir movies over modern stuff. Maybe it doesn't look as authentic as it should but to judge it over its ending as being a bomb seems like they're testing an audience that never saw what came before.

2. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

To be fair, I know Overlord DVD has not always been accurate in his predictions, hence why this should be taken as a rumor. Many of these YouTube commentators, while I agree with many of their opinions, don't have the best track record when it comes to rumors and news.

Again, this could be true or it might not. We'll just have to wait and see.

3. Tim Lookingbill

So it's all a rumor. I read it right in front of my eyes and it didn't register mainly because I saw "MSN.COM in the url" as MSNBC. And now that I just revisited to see if it was a trustworthy news organization I find that the title at the top is Microsoft Start whatever the hell that is.

You really can't be asleep reading crap on the internet. Pay attention to what you just clicked on! Scan the entire page!

4. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Well, mostly the last line is important:
    although the name of the original site is at the top of the article text. Not sure why this nonsense is being hosted on MSN.

GIANT FREAKIN ROBOT is one of those nerd news sites like Overlord DVD with a similar track record of just inventing things for clicks. Mix in a handy helping of actual news and you have yourself a fun little site.

Microsoft Start appears to be just a news digest app for Windows devices.

5. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

MSN was just the source that popped up first. Again, it may all just be a rumor or something taken out of context. It wouldn't surprise me either way, which is why I'm keeping expectations extremely low.

6. Tim Lookingbill

And now your explanation sounds so very authoritative and from a good place that I really think I can believe what you said because I agree with you which again perpetuates the very info culture I'ld like to get away from but can't due to the circular logic of it all.

Is there a way to find out what is genuine truthful information on the internet? We need an app for that but can we trust it.

7. Tim Lookingbill

That's what happens to me when I do a Google search on any subject to check if there are other more trustworthy news sites. But there's so many that show up in a search that it requires more time spent sussing which is the most reliable.

Any reliable info regarding health I always include .gov or NIH or CDC in the search terms and that really narrows the choices. But anything trivial as entertainment news is a crap shoot.

8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Deadline, Variety, and Hollywood Reporter are the three most helpful, in my experience. Even then there are articles on those sites that included the dreaded "sources say" verbiage.

9. Tim Lookingbill

Yeah, similar to when you want facts based on science they throw in "studies suggest" if you eat blue berries everyday you're less likely to get cancer in your old age.

MikaelaArsenault and BeatleJWOL like this.
  10. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

If you can't trust someone named Doomcock,
    then who can you trust ?

11. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Overrated hack that helped damaging the last Bond film

12. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I don’t believe the rumor.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge says she’s not in favour of a female James Bond

The 'Fleabag' creator spoke of her work on 'No Time To Die' at tonight's premiere

ByTom Skinner
    28th September 2021
    [​IMG]
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge attends the 'No TIme To Die' premiere in London. CREDIT: Getty
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge has said that she would not be in favour of a female James Bond.

The Fleabag creator, who is credited as part of the No Time To Die writing team, was asked during tonight’s (September 28) premiere of the latest Bond film whether a female actor could take over from Daniel Craig as 007.

“I think Bond is James Bond,” she responded. “We just need to cook up someone to rival him.”

13. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Plus she’s a 38 year old woman. Knowing Hollywood, they would never invest in an older woman for such a big property.

14. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I made the mistake of watching doomcocks video. He’s an idiot who speaks like an idiot. Like a cheap YouTuber thinking he knows how to be an announcer. The worst. His “Hollywood spies?” Please, probably the closest he’s been the Hollywood Is buying a DVD at a truck stop in North Dakota.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  15. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own

i selected each paragraph!

16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Someone is calling "BS" on these rumours.

17. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

That guy cracked me up "You mean, James Mangold, the guy who made Ford V Ferrari, Logan, I walk the Line, Girl Interrupted" made a more SO BAD Disney is freaking out and saying "Let's just throw it away." Lol. That was funny.

18. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident Thread Starter

According to the director, we’ll see the trailer before mid-December.

19. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

Attached to the Way of Water, no doubt.

20. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

21. shark shaped fin

shark shaped fin Forum Resident

Whatever the story is, there’s not going to be a continuation of the franchise with PWB taking over. She’s fantastic, truly, Fleabag is great etc, but no way. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a totally false ending they shot to throw off the leakers.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  22. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

23. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident Thread Starter

Rumor: Something big may happen tomorrow

9am PT / 12pm ET

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    Matthew Tate and Quadboy like this.
  24. Djmover

Djmover Forum Resident

Damage
    More like she drove it off a cliff and it crashed into a fireball .
    I still can’t bring myself to watch it on Blue Ray even though I have had it since it came out .

Indy 5 will be a disaster no doubt about it .

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. 64FALCON

64FALCON Forum Resident

I'm waiting for "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK 67: THE GERIATRIC YEARS".

Indy's in a nursing home with emphysema, lung cancer, Toe Jam Dizeeze, fallen arches and thrombosed hemorrhoids . . . but when called Indy springs in to action! (He also trips over his oxygen tank and suffers a gaping head wound. Oh well, better luck next time eh?)

Kassonica and Matthew Tate like this.