Indiana Jones 5 (Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny) *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Mar 15, 2016.

1. The Doctor

The Doctor Forum Resident

Let’s just make this one a Mel Brooks style spoof of Indy, toss out Williams’ score and have the soundtrack be 1969 songs. Imagine: An action / chase scene set to “Get Back”; Another action scene is set to “Good Times, Bad Times”, keep the rumors of Indy being erased from history true and make the whole thing one giant, absolutely cynical, absurd gag reel.

2. The Doctor

Imagine time traveling back to 1981 and telling Raiders of the Lost Ark fans that they’d still be releasing Indy films 42 years later. That there would be a film 42 years from now where Indy meets hippies.

Knox Harrington and mBen989 like this.
  3. The Doctor

Except that the movie is set in 1969, which was not the 2020s

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yeah, what happened Hollywood. You use to be so cool in the 80s. And even 90s

Ghostworld likes this.
  5. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

At any age, after doing it once, being on a racing horse is something I never want to do again. Brrrrr.

6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

It would be called corporations. Does every movie have to be designed for maximum market penetration like a new kinda french fry? Written for laughs in Apalachicola, while still playing well to teenage gamers in Asia? Think back to when a STUDIO would put out John Schlesinger "paranoid" trilogy film? So interesting films got the best talent.

Numbers, numbers, numbers. That's why when people toss around box office predictions, global markets and numbers here like sports betting, I get a little miffed.

7. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Yep.

You know I watched (should say suffered through) the three "Expendables" movies over the last week. I really just wanted some mindless action films to eat popcorn and escape with. I have no issues with mindless action films. But I couldnt get over just how bad they were. I mean the dialogue is just so bad. The acting terrible, I mean horrible. And none of those three were in the least bit entertaining. I literally could have watched a video game and been just as entertained. Yet these movies were hits, yes? or at least made money and folks went to to see them.

Why I always end up going back to non-American made movies.

Ghostworld likes this.
  8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I need something in-between, I guess that's the American indie market.

I'm just peeved because it's sometimes now years between films I REALLY want to see. You know? No big tent productions for interesting films.

What were the last three films I was REALLY EXCITED to see?

I think:

"The Force Awakens"
    "Tenet" then
    "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood"

And since then, nothing! Lol!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

And has to deal with by a Mary Sue companion
    who takes his place in history when a younger Indy dies

The Doctor likes this.
  10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Whats a couple of good american indie films this last two years or so?

11. Eno_Fan

Eno_Fan Staring into the abyss: Brockman BIF, Pilbara WA

Lots of ageism in this thread -- if it's good it's good, irrespective of the age of the star. We all get old, tweenies -- you too one-day.

Trouble is, it probably won't be good -- I remember watching the absurd IJ4 some 15 years ago (I think) with my partner at the time. I don't even remember the title, but I do remember turning to that very-displeased gf at the ridiculous denouement and saying "Indiana Jones and the Crock of $hit"... She nodded.

Knox Harrington likes this.
  12. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

I quite liked Stillwater (2021) with Matt Damon.

mpayan likes this.
  13. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

Red Rocket was good.

mpayan likes this.
  14. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Thanks guys! Will check those out for sure

15. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident Thread Starter

16. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Speaking of being old, I like it.

17. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

As long as I can resist the urge to do things exactly as I used to do them 10/15/20 years ago, yeah, getting old isn't terrible.

18. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I actually do some things better than I did all those years ago. I didn't start running until I was 40 and I'm still jogging at 70. I found out hangovers are a bitch when your older so three or four beers over an evening is tops.

DementedAvenger and twicks like this.
  19. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

apparently they are reshooting the end yet again

Doctor Worm and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. stillrockin

stillrockin Forum Resident

No 6 is provisionally titled Indiana Jones The Final Farewell ( the pension booster)

Knox Harrington and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Yes , go back in time to the mid 90's and tell Spielberg, Lucas, Harrison..
    Make few Indiana Jones in the 90's.. then stop .. and never let Kathy Kennedy ruin Lucas Studios..

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. Old Fart At Play

Old Fart At Play He won't eat it, he hates everything

They re-shot the ending of “The Shawshank Redemption” to add the beach scene because test audiences didn’t like the uncertainty of the movie ending with Morgan Freeman sitting on the bus heading towards the border. Re-shooting the ending isn’t necessarily a big deal and isn’t evidence that the movie must be terrible.

I remember when “Titanic” was widely predicted to be a massive flop, on par with “Heaven’s Gate.” (And BTW, the CGI sucked in that movie, too, even at the time.)

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  23. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Director denies it on social media and tries to claim it's virtually done and ready for ratings. I doubt many are believing him. Doomsock did another 14-minute update.

mBen989 and The Doctor like this.
  24. The Doctor

He literally said that John Williams was “joking, misled or misinformed” when he said they’re filming another ending

The guy (Mangold) seems like a manchild. You would never see Spielberg going to gutter level with fans or “a-holes”

enro99, Doctor Worm and 64FALCON like this.
  25. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Delayed the movie a year then finished 7 months early. Sounds believable.

I do think the tweet denials are the director doing Disney's or Kathleen's bidding.