Indiana Jones 5 (Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny) *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Mangold .... Twitter rage of unhinged director
    A Abc after school special..

The Doctor likes this.
  2. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

This is typical Lucasfilm. Another production with issues, reshoots, and constant delays, plus a director once again lashing out at fans and calling anyone who has doubts about the film more childish names.

The Doctor likes this.
  3. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

This is typical internet. Most every production has some issues, a few reshoots, possible delays. But the internet in 2022 is, "hey, let's imagine our worst (politically-fueled) fears about an upcoming thing and smear it with rumors and nonsense, just so we can know where to direct our senseless anger."

4. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

And the best part is, no refutation is possible, because all parties involved are guilty until proven innocent in the court of social media. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

David Campbell and SRC like this.
  5. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own

my friend sent me this. i don't really like it, but some of you might (note: lucas didn't make the last jedi)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  6. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Harrison Ford and Phoebe Waller-Bridge on a tuk-tuk during a chase scene in Morocco:

[​IMG]

Bowie Fett, Playloud and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Hasbro previewed. their toys. I'd say that "time machine" is a weird Nazi plane.

[​IMG]

8. Looks like a distorted mashup of a Heinkel He 111 and a Junkers Ju 87.

omikron likes this.
  9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I don't think there's any reshoots. There are almost always pickups, which is just a shot here, an insert there, a VFX redo, whatever. Not everything turns into Solo, where the entire movie is basically reshot from scratch (at enormous cost). Let's let Mr. Mangold make his film and then review it when it's actually released. They've still got six months of post to go through.

Any huge film like this (I'm guessing it had to have cost $200M+ -- Crystal Skull cost $185 million, which I think makes it the most expensive Spielberg film ever made) has got a lot of moving parts, so rumors start, stories fly, fans go crazy on the internet. The reality is they wrapped the film in February of 2022, so they've been doing about 14 months of post-production... I'm guessing it's a very, very complex film. Harrison Ford shot the TV series 1923 after Dial of Destiny, but it's already on the air. That show was easier to finish than an Indiana Jones movie because it had far fewer visual effects and was a simpler shoot.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  10. 5th-beatle

Here are more details:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

omikron, Matthew Tate and Ghostworld like this.
  11. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

But I agree, it could be flying Into some weird time vortex if that is what the movie is about.

12. Old Fart At Play

Old Fart At Play He won't eat it, he hates everything

The motorcycle with a cannon on its side that fires a net (is that what’s going on?) seems a bit odd, too, but I don’t want to pass judgment on the movie based on a toy!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I collect original trilogy Star Wars merch, including some of the higher end toys. I do like to look at the new stuff at the stores and the toys based on the Sequel Trilogy have always been peg warmers. The stuff sits there for months until it is marked down and then probably sent back to the manufacturer. I am surprised they are even bothering with Indy merch, it has never been a big seller like Star Wars even in the 1980's.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Doctor Worm

The stuff they released around the time of Crystal Skull was pretty cool. The figures for for Temple of Doom and Last Crusade were nearly impossible to find in stores, and they were pretty good quality. Like you said, Disney can't move Star Wars toys to save their life, so it's likely Indy will be the same.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. zombie dai

it
    it does look like the falcon's cockpit

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. zombie dai

[​IMG]

i have that set!

lego star wars is still a massive seller

Ghostworld and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. 5th-beatle

One more image:
    [​IMG]
    Another angle:
    [​IMG]

omikron and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

All the Unmade Indiana Jones Movies That Never Made It to Theaters

I saw this article in Collider. There's one the author doesn't know about. In 1995 or '96 a classmate of mine studying screenwriting at USC named Ronnie Christensen was paid $1.2 million for a Indiana Jones spec script. The plot was Indiana Jones discovers in the Garden of Eden (in the arctic). It never made it to the screen.

zombie dai and omikron like this.
  19. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Super Bowl spot:

Not much new info, but hell yeah, Nazi-whipping.

20. Old Fart At Play

Old Fart At Play He won't eat it, he hates everything

I don’t think I like this CGI young Indiana Jones business. Just let him be old. Oh well, guess we’ll see how the movie is when it comes out.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

22. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

I like this spot better than the trailer. Good line reading by Ford, "Are you still a Nazi?"

23. keys74

keys74 Forum Resident

24. Doctor Worm

I actually had a dream last night that I was watching Indy V, only this one had Mutt returning and teaming up with Indy and it was way more believable than this. I soooo want this to be good but I just don't trust Disney to do right by Dr. Jones. Really hope I'm wrong.

25. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

Spotted Toby Jones in the trailer.
    I wonder if he will be using his real name for the character and there will be another line of:

Doctor Jones.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    :D