Indiana Jones 5 (Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny) *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Do you know, I was thinking about this the other day. If I wanted to avoid spoilers I wouldn't even read the thread, regardless if it was spoiler free or whatever. People are going to chat about the film, it's natural. Don't understand at all people reading a movie thread then moaning about spoilers.

Mazzy, 905, FredHubbard and 3 others like this.
  2. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

I liked that show, but it was never a hit. It was also intended to be more educational, less action-oriented, than the films - hence stories of young Indy meeting various real historical figures. This was part of George Lucas's interest in educational entertainment (Lucasfilm Games, with their educational software, was also part of that). I don't know if that would have flown as a movie.

3. Jayson Wall

Jayson Wall Forum Resident

...but thankfully, they still have "The Shaggy Dog" and the Herbie IP to fall back on :p

4. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

5. MikaelaArsenault

6. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

brownie61 and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

8. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Great points my friend.
    YIJ did have a different actor portraying Jones. A movie bookended by Ford could be a way to introduce a new IJ.

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Noted comedy writer Alan Spencer just wrote on Facebook:

No spoilers, but when Indy whipped the gun out of Lee Harvey Oswald’s hand I cheered.

Juan Matus and SmallDarkCloud like this.
  10. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

That's the most bull**** film review I've ever read. Rehash over the same old info sprinkled with some weak thesis about choice. Bleech. When reviewers start writing stories based around including OTHER LINKS TO THEIR WEBSITE, you know they're fishing,

Last edited: May 28, 2023
    Jim B. and omikron like this.
  11. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

12. Bea Jonas

Bea Jonas Forum Resident

omikron and twicks like this.
  13. 5th-beatle

Here's the latest poster:

[​IMG]

PH416156, enro99, Sorcerer and 5 others like this.
  14. kreen

kreen Forum Resident

They have the shadow from the fedora cover half of Harrison Ford's face.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

It's not as good as the previous films but still better than most of the lazy, Photoshopped posters we typically get these days.

16. 5th-beatle

PH416156, Sorcerer, Playloud and 2 others like this.
  17. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

Not bad… but it can't help but remind you of how great Drew Struzan's work is, and how nothing else measures up.

By the way, Pluto.tv has the previous 4 films streaming free (with ads) right now, to get you caught up.

18. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

Wonder if the response from Cannes will prompt them to tighten up/tweak the movie before wide release.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. Doctor Worm

They’ve certainly reworked some of the trailers. Bridge’s “It’s called capitalism” line was removed in the most recent one, so clearly they’re trying listening to reactions to some degree. I’m guessing that stuff will still be in the finished cut, but I guess we’ll know for sure in a few weeks.

20. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Yeah, but he still plays with dolls.

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Uh-oh... this is not overwhelmingly positive...

In the wake of world premiering in Cannes to lackluster film reviews at 50% Rotten, Disney/Lucasfilm’s Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny is currently looking at a $60M+ domestic opening.

Disney will need to pick up the slack in the coming weeks in their marketing to get more interest from younger guys, their distraction now being Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse in theaters and the upcoming Warner Bros DC The Flash on June 16. However, that hard word of mouth out of Cannes is quite the hurdle. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which wasn’t beloved by many, settled at 77% certified fresh and a B CinemaScore versus the previous 1989 installment, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, which earned 84% certified fresh from critics and a solid A CinemaScore.

‘Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny’ Low Box Office Outlook At $60M+ – Deadline

22. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

My mom won free tickets for this movie on July 13th, so if everything goes according to plan me, my mom and my sister will all be seeing this latest Indy adventure together on the big screen. If it's anywhere close to as excellent as Indy 4 is I'll be one happy camper.

905 likes this.
  23. MikaelaArsenault

24. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

You are joking about being as excellent as #4. I don’t know one sane person that even remotely thinks this is a good movie let alone excellent.

Kassonica, Matthew Tate and Jim B. like this.
  25. Doctor Worm

I like Crystal Skull quite a bit, even if it’s not up to the first three, which is tough to beat. I liked it then and still enjoy it now.

905, Matthew Tate, twicks and 2 others like this.