Indiana Jones 5 (Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny) *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Mar 15, 2016.

1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I bet he is

2. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

The Indiana Jones Movies should have continued every 4-5 Years, but use the James Bond Model, where after a certain period of time, like a New Actor was selected to play the Next James Bond, the same idea should have been done for Indiana Jones. Then the Movies could use Age Appropriate Actors for the role and if the Scripts/Story Ideas would have been good(I realize Bond Movies' Scripts/Stories are Hit & Miss), I think we could have had a long 40 Year run of potential Good Indiana Jones Movies(Based on Screenplays and Directors).

I think Charlie Hunnam(Jax from 'Sons of Anarchy'), is a British Actor, who had an Indiana Jones Type Character on 'The Lost City of Z' Movie(based on a True Story of a British Explorer going deep into the Amazon where no civilized people ever attempted to reach in the past with all of the dangers that came with such explorations) in recent years, would have made a perfect choice to take over as the next Indiana Jones for at least 3-5 Movies.

Just my take on how to keep the franchise fresh without using an Actor in his 70s(as much as I liked Ford in the first 3 Movies, and he sort of worked in the 4th Movie with the 'In Jokes' on his Older Age at the time).

3. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Nice! Is there a behind-the-scenes picture of him and Harrison Ford together?

I wonder why he was not chosen as the lead in the "Solo" film? Same looks and voice of the younger Ford, and he would probably have delivered a good performance.

Hopefully he will be cast in Indy 5, if there are scenes that require a younger version of the character.

4. Capt. Cadillac

Capt. Cadillac Forum Resident

I could see Indy partnering with Gerald Ford to whip inflation now.

sgtmono likes this.
  5. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Nah, just come up a new idea. Harrison Ford was and is Indy. Let’s just have something new. Let the franchise end.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  6. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

Damn, they were so close to this movie never being made, if he only stood by his totally accurate beliefs.

Ghostworld likes this.
  7. Engineer007

Engineer007 Forum Resident

A new idea for the definitive prequel -

Raiders Of The Lost Ark 2 - The Rise of Beloch.

jeroemba and Todd Fredericks like this.
  8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

He ain't comin' back.

[​IMG]

Todd Fredericks likes this.
  9. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

Anyone looking for the next Indiana Jones film should go and watch Spielberg's Tintin. From the score to the period setting, it's a Jones film in all but name.

Doctor Worm likes this.
  10. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Harrison Ford will be 78 y.o. in a few months. We fell in love with Indy because he was young, smart and powerful. What can a man close to 80 do? Sure a hat and a whip can't do miracles. And, they can drop some action, but a man's brain in his late 70s doesn't work the same as a man's brain in his 40s or 50s.

I love Spielberg, he's one of my fave directors, but he's 73 y.o.
    How many filmakers made masterpieces at a later stage of their careers? Imho, "Schindler's list" represents the pinnacle of his career. And he was 46. Nothing could top that; "Ryan" was close but then we got several "Spielberg by the numbers" films. Some great stuff ("Lincoln", "A.I.") but they were not "Schindlers's list". Or "Raiders". Or "Jaws". And some average, if not weak films ("The lost world", "The terminal").
    And "Kingdom of the crystal skull", made even weaker by Mutt and Indy's marriage. A bunch of bad ideas, shown onscreen by people that even then were too old to make a great Indiana Jones film. 13 years ago.

Heck, this time they also could de-age Ford, but they won't change the way he sounds now. Sean Connery's last performance as 007 was on a 2005 videogame. He looked 30 y.o. but sounded like a 75 years old geezer. And the contrast was horrible.

I believe that everyone involved is simply too old now. Hope they prove me wrong.

budwhite likes this.
  11. bostonscoots

bostonscoots Forum Resident

My feeling is the opposite - the original Raiders is regarded as one of the great action/adventure movies because of the sequels. Sporadic as they are, each new Indiana Jones movie only makes it clear the original was lightning in a bottle.

Vidiot and shokhead like this.
  12. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Unfortunately for Tintin

13. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

“Raiders” is one of my favorite movies. I’ve been disappointed by all the sequels, though at least the first two sequels are still fun. Harrison was too old for the part in “Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”. Between that and the mediocre script, it’s not re-watchable. I don’t have high hopes for this new one.

I wish they had done sequels in the 1990s like they originally planned, but they couldn’t find a script they all liked.

enro99 and Vidiot like this.
  14. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull had its issues but I don't think Harrison's age was one of them. I think the opening of the movie was actually reasonably good though it would have been better if they cut down a bit with some of the dialogue and improved the pacing a bit. Harrison appears to be in reasonably good shape, and they can always use stunt doubles for the crazy stuff if they need to. I'm sure as long as they make the movie fun it'll be good.

Jarleboy and SizzleVonSizzleton like this.
  15. Attila the Professor

Attila the Professor Forum Resident

The alien thing really didn't work for me, although the bigger issues for me is that there was just something a bit "off". For example there's a scene in the warehouse where he swings from some crates and crash lands in the cabin of a truck. Instead of just a trademark smirk and some fisticuffs Indy mutters a line about "damn I thought that was closer" which didn't fit.

"Well, the way you're sinking your teeth
    into those wubble-u's" has always grated.

"You're a teacher?"
    His delivery of the reply "part time" is off and seems they used a different take of that line with different delivery in the trailer.

Anyway a lot of it just felt a little off to me.

Ghostworld likes this.
  16. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Of course he's old, not too old for the part because Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. Depends what they want to do in the film, I doubt he will be running away from circular boulders and swinging around on a whip too much.

Jarleboy likes this.
  17. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

18. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Can only be a good thing

19. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

20. Ringmaster_D

Ringmaster_D Surfer of Sound Waves

Yes, I noticed that right away when I first saw the movie. The delivery of that line was perfect in the trailer, and in the movie it was...off.

Attila the Professor likes this.
  21. Ringmaster_D

Ringmaster_D Surfer of Sound Waves

22. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

OK, OK, I will direct Indy 5.

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  23. EProphet

EProphet Forum Resident

Please, no.

24. jeroemba

jeroemba Forum Resident

Indiana Jones without Spielberg? It feels so wrong. I have a bad feeling about this.

25. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Well, based on how bad Kingdom of Crystal Skull 4th IJ Movie was, I do not think Spielberg will be missed(although, a lot of the problems were with the Script, but Spielberg still thought it was good enough to Direct that Movie).

As I mentioned before, the Indiana Jones Franchise should have been done like the James Bond Franchise, that when the Actor playing Indiana Jones got too old, a Good New Actor, who would best fit the Role should have been used as the 'Next' Indiana Jones. Like I mentioned, with Charlie Hunnam playing an IJ Explorer Type in the 'Lost City of Z' a few years ago(based on a True Story/Book), he looks like a Great Replacement for a New Generation Indiana Jones. Or go with Idris Elba(although, I think he would make a better New James Bond). Probably, as least 6-8 another Good Younger Actors though, who could take over the Hat & Whip to play IJ.