Indiana Jones 5 (Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny) *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Mar 15, 2016.

1. MisterH

MisterH Forum Resident

It seems like I'm one of the only one's on here who is over the moon excited for this. It's going to be a long 3 years for me. I love the Indiana Jones movies and Harrison Ford is my all time favorite actor. I was crushed when Han Solo was killed in The Force Awakens and I'm praying it doesn't happen to Indy.

Mr. E. Tramp and Encuentro like this.
  2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

So you think for these 2 movies to keep going that the next new generation of movie goers wants to see a 75yo doing that stuff? I'll answer, no!

3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Well, there's a big difference between the ensemble cast of characters in the Star Wars franchise and a franchise in which the main character's name is in the title of all but one of the films. Furthermore, did you see some of the reactions to Han's appearance in the second The Force Awakens trailer? It practically broke the internet, not to mention that the film itself quickly became the most commercially successful film of all time. Yeah, I'm pretty sure audiences young and old are OK with an actor of his age appearing in these films.

Jarleboy likes this.
  4. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

I make fun of it but I'll be there opening weekend. I love the Indiana Jones character. It'll always be interesting to me to see what they come up with. If it's a Speilberg-led production without any involvement from Lucas—which I find impossible nevermind the relationship of Lucas with his sold company—it will be interesting to see what Speilberg and Ford with a lot writers come up with. Still, I just can't see Speilberg making an Indiana Jones movie without Lucas. He, and Ford, would demand that George be a collaborative force on what is assuredly the last "episode" in the original franchise. (Because, make no bones about it, Disney will be making Indiana Jones movies into the future long past any of our lifetimes.)

It's probably the only movie in 2016-2018 that could get Lucas interested in doing anything at this point during retirement.

5. FACE OF BOE

FACE OF BOE Forum Resident

The Man With The Golden Gums!

6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Sounds exactly like my thoughts on the Crystal Skull and we all know how well that turned out...

7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I love the idea of Sean Connery returning as an aging Bond for a one-off film, or perhaps Connery returning as James Bond's father. Does James Bond have a father? I'm not very familiar with the franchise.

8. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

He does have a father. So, yes, Sean Connery as Andrew Bond. Why the hell not? :)

Andrew Bond is the father of James Bond and the spouse of Monique Bond. Like his wife, the character has only a brief mention in Fleming's penultimate novel, You Only Live Twice. Although alluded to in 1995's GoldenEye and 2012's Skyfall, he has never been portrayed in film.
    Andrew Bond »

Jarleboy likes this.
  9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yeah it was.

The new film could be Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost AARP. :sigh:

I've already written a line of dialogue for the new film: "I belong in a museum!"

10. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I hope Indy doesn't get killed off by his son in this movie!

Ghostworld likes this.
  11. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Maybe not by his son, but I would not be surprised in the least if one of the conditions Ford made to do Indy 5 would be the same as he did with The Force Awakens: "I'll do it if you kill me off at the end, this is the last g-ddamn time, all right?"

12. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

13. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

Indiana Jones and the Colonoscopy of Doom. I still hate snakes!

Mirrorblade.1 likes this.
  14. clayton

clayton Senior Member

I'll pass, He's at least 20 years too old to play Indy. Perhaps he play some kind of father figure to a younger Indiana Jones but they need to replace that twerp Shia La Beouf with perhaps a different son.

Rhett likes this.
  15. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Connery was asked to play the guy in charge of the orphanage in Skyfall, but he refused. The director says he didn't want him anyway. (Sure).
    How Sean Connery Almost Came Out of Retirement to Star in 'Skyfall' »

Encuentro likes this.
  16. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

My wish list for this film:

A good screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan
    Ditch Karen Allen, she was AWFUL in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    NO Shia LaBeouf. He ruined an already doomed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
    Better casting for the antagonist than Cate Blanchett in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. She was horrendous.
    An excellent villian
    Less CGI
    A John Williams score, he's 80 now.....

Rhett likes this.
  17. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I thought she was the only good thing about the movie, but she may have just appeared so by comparison. I don't have any interest in trying to watch that movie again to see if I still feel the same.

PROG U.K. likes this.
  18. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

I thought her accent was reminiscent of Natasha Fatale from Rocky and Bullwinkle...

19. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

She was an over the top villain, but that doesn't make her any different from Mola Ram or the gloved Nazi from the first one. You can't take these movies too seriously.

Jarleboy, Vidiot and PROG U.K. like this.
  20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

John Williams is 84 right now and not in the best of health. But I was glad to see he's scheduled for a summer film concert at the Hollywood Bowl this summer. I hope he's in good enough shape to make it.

Jarleboy likes this.
  21. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

(CNN)For the first time ever, we're getting a live-action "Star Wars" movie without the man who composed the "Star Wars" theme.

"Star Wars: Rogue One," the recently-announced "Star Wars" spinoff movie starring Felicity Jones, will not include the soaring music of Oscar winner John Williams.

22. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I think this was announced a while ago.

I imagine if he is still alive he will be at least involved with the scores to EPISODE VIII and IX.

23. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Forum Resident

His parents died when James was a teenager in a skiing accident.

Chad

Encuentro likes this.
  24. SgtPepper1983

SgtPepper1983 Forum Resident

I thought it alarming that he didn't do music for Spielberg's Bridge Of Spies. Hope everything's okay!

25. fuhrsy31

fuhrsy31 Forum Resident

I can't believe the hate towards Lucas. He created star wars and Indiana Jones. The guy is a visionary. Quite frankly the new star wars missed his input and so will this movie.