Indiana Jones 5 (Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny) *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bowie Fett, Mar 15, 2016.

1. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

D'oh. Man close to 80 y.o. rehearsing a fight scene . What were they expecting?

adm62 and JediJones like this.
  2. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Where's his wife in this? you would think she would of said something to make realize
    this not good idea.. and where is his common sense? Like I said hire the actor named Jamie Acosta, he did
    deepfake harrison with george lucas jamie really sounds like Harrison..
    Do a cgi of harrisons head .. it's not hard to do this.
    At some point this should never been green lighted..

PH416156 likes this.
  3. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

And Anthony Ingruber for the visual...

I get that they want a somewhat "honest" portrait of and older Indy, like they did on "Skull", and it was brave...and silly doing it at 66. Doing it at 78 is dangerous. They sure have the best of the best on the set but you can't control what time has done to a human body.

enro99 likes this.
  4. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

It seems like the Men in Black 3 approach would've been in order here. Have Harrison introduce or bookend the film, but transition into a flashback of a younger Indy or some other way of having a younger actor take over the role. I guess the Fountain of Youth has been on the rumor list for the plot, so that's one way. But it would be weird to have Indy be running around in future films with the superpower of youth, or even if it's a one-time de-aging, to be a character out of his time like Wonder Woman...be a 30-year-old with the mind of an 80-year-old.

80% of the conveyer belt fight in Temple of Doom was filmed with Ford's stunt double when Ford was away for weeks with a ruptured disc on that film. If you don't see his face in that scene, it's not Ford. It sounds like the stuntman continued to take on a lot of extra work when Ford came back as Ford was still in pain. And that there were also on-set rewrites based on what Ford was capable of doing.

Whatever happens with this film, I think, like James Bond, the character should continue on past Ford's tenure. A Mutt Williams spin-off would've been okay with me too. I like Shia as an actor, but it seems like he's burned his bridges in Hollywood. But box office probably bodes better recasting the character with a younger actor. If they get too clever by half with a replacement, like, say, casting a woman as a new adventurer and have her take on the name "Indiana," poeple are going to roll their eyes.

5. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

This is a very ageist comment.

Halloween_Jack likes this.
  6. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

that's all in the mind. There are king fu masters in their 80's. Should be just sit home in his slippers? Arnold is still in great shape.

7. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

wouldn't he be immortal after drinking from the Holy Grail?

Veronica Mars likes this.
  8. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Schwarzenegger has been working out heavily for decades, I don't know about Ford, but having a guy close to 80 y.o. doing a fight scene still seems silly and dangerous, imho. The injury is not a surprise; it happens to the younger ones, but a very old man has greater chances to have permanent damage.

I'm not claiming he should be home doing nothing, that's his life but 78 y.o. is too much for action. They could've pulled a Paul Walker and superimpose his face over a body double. It worked 7 years ago, it can be done better in 2021.

9. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

No...

JediJones likes this.
  10. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Since they have already started filming, I hope Ford will fully recover from his injury and finish the film. If it ends up being a good Indy movie, that's even better.

If the story is set in the 60s, perhaps the Cold War will be used as historical background, just like the Nazis in previous chapters.

11. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

Ford and his stuntman have been seen with dots on their faces during filming. So most likely there will be de-aging for Ford and facial replacement on his stuntman.

Lucasfilm hired a popular YouTube deepfaker as their Senior Facial Capture Artist this year. He's done a lot of Star Wars deepfakes including Ford in the Solo movie. He said so in the comments here:

Shamook
    1 week ago (edited)
    Re-upload because of copyright claims. As some of you may already know, I joined ILM/Lucasfilms a few months ago and haven't had the time to work on any new YouTube content. Now I've settled into my job, uploads should start increasing again. They'll still be slow, but hopefully not months apart. Enjoy!

omikron likes this.
  12. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

13. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I blame it one HF just coming out of a battle with the botttle around then.

14. Halloween_Jack

Halloween_Jack Senior Member

My thoughts exactly! A lot of it about too judging by this thread…

15. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

welcome to 2021

16. R79

R79 Forum Resident

You're all going to be shocked when you discover this is a prequel about the Jones family dog.

17. Claus LH

Claus LH Forum Resident

I prefer honesty over silliness. If a man is 78 or thereabouts, in a film it comes down to more than if he can "do" it; it comes down to whether it looks believable or it is emotionally false.
    We have lived with the Indy character for four films now, and that is as much 'living with' Harrison Ford on-screen, with his aging. We KNOW his age, so why pretend he is Superman?

Let him do the one thing that is practically forbidden in Hollywood: let him age gracefully on-screen and write the script accordingly. Stop with the de-aging and such, it just feels side-show-like, regardless of how well it is pulled off.

C.

David Campbell, polchik and omikron like this.
  18. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I want to enjoy another Indiana Jones adventure.

I hope for the best and look forward to it.

19. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

instead, they should remake 'high noon' with harrison ....

i'd go see that.

sorry for the threadcrap lol

just thinking what a GOOD role would be for him .....

20. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

You rang?

Look,If people want to believe that Kathleen Kennedy is some evil feminist obsessed with ruining their fragile childhoods, who am I to try and convince them otherwise? At this point it's become entertaining to see the conspiracy theories in that segment of the fandom. The ones about the "Lucasfilm civil war" are freaking hilarious.

As for this movie, Let's all wait until the damn thing comes out before declaring it "woke " or whatever other nonsense. I'm frankly skeptical it'll actually ever come out at this point given all the delays and Harrison's injury prone nature over the last few years. If it does, it'll either suck, be ok or be actually good. Whatever happens, it doesn't change the fact Raiders, Temple of Doom and Last Crusade are one of the great film trilogies of all time and the fact Crystal Skull and perhaps this one aren't as good will never change that fact. Everyone's childhoods are safe and sound in their home video collections.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    davidarob and BeatleJWOL like this.
  21. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

I notice it says Antonio Banderas is in the new movie. Maybe it will be a crossover between Zorro and Indiana Jones, lol

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. AndrewK

AndrewK Forum Resident

oh also a crossover of Mummy and Indiana Jones would be fun. Imagine Brendan Fraser and Harrison Ford running around trying to save the world from a Nazi or a Soviet mummy, lol :D

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Or...a soviet Nazi mummy.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

According to this video, there will be scenes in Morocco and Sicily.

Matthew Tate and omikron like this.
  25. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Vidiot, twicks and Matthew Tate like this.