Injustice

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chazro, Jan 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just finished watching the new Superman cartoon on HBO/MAX. Injustice, it's one of the best comicbook adaptations I've ever seen! And it's not the art, its good, but not groundbreaking. It's the story! They would never make a live action movie based on this story, it's TOO dark!! I don't read them anymore, but I've been reading comics since the '50's, this flick's a lot of fun!;)

2. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I have it in my collection but haven't watched it yet. It's based on the video game of the same name, which features a very dark take on the Justice League.

BTW, DC recently released a series of comics set in the Dark Multiverse. On each Earth in the Dark Multiverse, its the same as the Earth in the regular DC Universe until something happens that takes it in a dark direction. As an example, on one Earth in the Dark Multiverse Batman gets infected with Joker Venom and becomes The Batman Who Laughs, an insane combination of Batman and The Joker.

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

It's gotten mixed reviews although the knock on it is usually from people complaining that it oversimplified the story from the games or prequel comics. I thought it was pretty well done. There's no way they will ever include everyone's favorite story beats and twists when they have too adapt it into an 80 minute movie.

Simon A likes this.
  4. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I strongly agree with the last sentence. Part of the issue is that there is just not enough time to include everything from a comic story in a movie. Added to that is that most comics build upon the past issues, which often can't be included in the movie for the same reason.

Related is the audio book version of the miniseries Infinite Crisis, which included just about everything from the seven-issue miniseries and much from the related comics. It took 13 CDs to tell the story.

Simon A likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.