Insound 50% off everything sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Citroen, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJTM

SJTM Well-Known Member

These lithos were limited to 5,000 copies. Make that 4,998.

SJP likes this.
  2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah wow. But still, it’s great that they kept sending them out until it was right and let you keep the extras.

3. SJTM

SJTM Well-Known Member

BTW - the litho is excellent. I have now compared signatures on 4 different copies. Found some other examples of Doors autographs online. Not sure why anyone questioned the authenticity but they certainly l

hutlock likes this.
  4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

:laugh:

sounds about right.

5. hutlock

Got my shipment yesterday — 9 LPs (several doubles and one triple) jammed TIGHT into a box, so much so that there literally wouldn’t have been room for a single piece of packing material. The pile of records alone stacked up go well over the edge of the box, so it really should have gone into the next size box.

That said, not a single ding on anything. They all look completely perfect. Go figure.

Also I got a copy of the Rainbow Ffolly Sallies Fforth and I’ll report back whether it has a warp or not when I get it on the turntable.

SJP likes this.
  6. chaz

chaz Senior Member

They seem to have a very limited stock of vinyl and cds

7. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

right. as discussed: they're really just a clearinghouse. which is why the sales can be such a boon for us.

chaz and hutlock like this.
  8. hutlock

Well yes. They are a shop exclusively made up of overstocked items from the WEA family of labels. Hence, it is limited to that stuff and once they sell out it ain’t coming back for the most part.

9. chaz

chaz Senior Member

Got the idea now. Thanks.

hutlock likes this.
  10. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I placed an order with them over 2 weeks ago, and after I emailed their CS address to gently inquire if they intended to ship anytime soon, I got the response that the order was still "in process". When I asked what the holdup was, since the LPs were are marked as being in stock, their rep said they didn't know, so I just cancelled. At least the rep was polite about the holdup!

11. hutlock

Orders do tend to take longer to ship just after one of those 60% off sales but two weeks is excessive. Mine have taken one week to arrive (as opposed to 3 days when there isn’t a sale) but never that long.

googlymoogly likes this.
  12. SJTM

SJTM Well-Known Member

I have ordered from Insound at least a dozen times. Other than the lithos all orders arrived in a reasonable time frame - usually within a couple of weeks. I have probably purchased 60+ albums and every one was just fine. The great discounts allowed me to put together a great collection of classicrock titles as well as some excellent jazz titles. I shared this site with a young friend new to vinyl but with similar music tastes as mine. Virtually her entire vinyl collection is from Insound.

hutlock likes this.
  13. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

Yep, I've ordered from them before, and that has been the usual timeframe. I'd usually just wait it out if they had a shipment ready to go, but in this case....

14. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

A few years ago I had an issue with an Insound order where one item shipped and the other just sat there in "processing" limbo. Eventually their customer service department got back to me on Facebook and it turned out the item was out of stock. I received a refund and they sent me another LP of my choice, free of charge. I think they also gave me a one time 20% off code as well. So while their customer service isn't always prompt, they do seem to take good care of their customers. I've ordered a ton from them over the years and I've been happy with nearly everything I've received.

googlymoogly likes this.
  15. hutlock

Heads up: Insound just posted some new stuff in “Just Added” including the Sire Records 50th anniversary set and the Randy Newman 68-77 set. Only the standard 40% off at the moment but worth checking out regardless...

black sheriff and Mike6565 like this.
  16. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

17. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Luna Penthouse 2 LP for $19.19 - nice.

black sheriff likes this.
  18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

That is a nice Luna score ^^^. I picked one up on RSD 2017.

Is it me or are all the prices 60% off now??? The Luna album mentioned above is currently $12.86!

Andrew_db likes this.
  19. Andrew_db

Andrew_db Forum Resident

Yes, they are doing another 60% off all vinyl again. Must have just started because I was browsing the just added section about 2 hours ago and everything was the "normal" 40% off

GentleSenator likes this.
  20. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Neil Young - Decade 3LP remastered RSD edition $14.87

Brendan K, mrjinks and Mike6565 like this.
  21. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

A
    Back to 60% for Valentines Day Sale. Thanks for the heads up on the Sire set. I’ve been wanting that one. $27.95 total. :cool::thumbsup:

hutlock likes this.
  22. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

What a deal! I got this on RSD and like much of Neil's recent vinyl, it's perfection.

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

oh boy i'm gonna go broke.

24. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I just noticed they have that big Sire Records 50th anniversary 4LP set from RSD 2017 on sale for just $26.12. It's a fun collection of songs. I wanted it bad but passed it up initially due to the price. It's interesting to see it pop up on Insound, as they seemed to be pretty scarce on RSD.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    black sheriff likes this.
  25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.