Insound 50% off everything sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Citroen, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I received a shipping notice email from them on Monday for an order I placed in the middle of last week. The tracking still reads "Label Created, not yet in system." Sometimes they ship fast, but sometimes they're pretty slow when they seem to get bogged down during a big sale.

2. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I have received all orders placed on the 7th and I am waiting on 2 orders from the 8th. I find them to be pretty quick and not far off from Amazon (rural Alabama). Also, Insound is way better than ImportCD (slow and horrible customer service).

dkmonroe likes this.
  3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Not to mention 0.0001% percent of the selection but who’s counting?

4. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

Not sure what you mean

5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Meaning that the product available at Insound is but a tiny fraction of what importCDs has to offer. I have had nothing but excellent customer service experiences with both but Insound probably tops any online retailer in terms of CS.

6. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

Gotcha. With that said, I do like the smaller, all Warner, Elektra, Atlantic selection without worry of receiving grey market stuff.

hutlock likes this.
  7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

My first ordered arrived with a dinged box thanks to UPS

8. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Eeeep. How much damage to the contents?

9. aoxomoxoa

My Neil Young box has a pretty nasty dent in the top. But it's not worth worrying about for the price that I got it for.

10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

UPS is making USPS look like courier-limo delivery service. Not to mention they are noticeably slower than USPS in my experience.

To touch upon the customer service of Insound, I described upstream (page 12) the damage to my package inflicted by UPS and Insound certainly moved quickly to make it right. They asked for pictures of the damage but didn't request that the items be returned. Unfortunately, the Rush album remains out of stock despite being tagged as part of my replacement shipment. Fortunately, that was the least damaged album of my lot.

Finally, there may be some 60% off burnout of late but the sale is back on for COLORED VINYL only. Some new titles are present including the last Pugwash album in glorious RED for all of $8.03. Couldn't recommend this album enough!
    There are also four Ed Sheeran EP's, all of which combined to just over $25 (free shipping :pineapple:) that I picked up for my daughter.

This sale might be worth a look.

11. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

They added another Game Theory album to the sale as well. Can't say enough how great that band is.

hutlock likes this.
  12. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I'm not sure what happened but this has been my experience as well. It used to be the other way around, but all of my bad experiences lately have been with UPS. They've been mangling everything.

13. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Looks like they're trying hard to get rid of that Monkees box. I did my part!

aoxomoxoa and GentleSenator like this.
  14. aoxomoxoa

I placed two orders on my birthday February 7th one of them arrived two days ago by UPS and it was slightly damaged. The other one has been routed by ups and dropped off at my local postal carrier. I'm supposed to get it today. That is very weird and I've never had a package that went through UPS and USPS!

15. Juggsnelson

My Neil Young Decade arrived today and all 3 LP's are warped. I'm sure they will replace them though.

16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i discovered they tend to use UPS Mail Innovations, which is basically the same as FedEx Smart Post. they're all in bed with one another, no matter what anyone tells you. :shh:

17. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

Good luck. It's been showing out of stock for a week.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  18. Juggsnelson

Ugh....well they sound fine at least. Lets see what they offer me.

19. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

Got two replacements today, John Coltrane Jazz 2LP 45 RPM ORG release, just as badly hump warped as the first one, the warp produces a thump on all four sides. Has anybody got this set that is warp free from Insound? I think they got a bad batch. Other LP is Jetheo Tull This Was, just as warped as first copy.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

of all the LPs i've purchased in the last year from insound, only one was warped this badly. replacement was perfect. i wonder what the deal is?

21. aoxomoxoa

I only played disc one of decade but it was a little warped nothing too serious. My guess is these were recalled from record store day because there were a lot of warp issues back then when they first came out. pretty good chance they're all slightly warped. However I did get the cool little pictures with this that didn't come with a standard issue

hutlock and Juggsnelson like this.
  22. Juggsnelson

Sounds about the same as my package. They all sound fine even with the slight warp and the added pictures are cool. Still well worth tbe price!

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  23. Juggsnelson

Mine is warp free but I got it from them a few months ago.

24. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Ditto here.

25. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Insound does not have a ton of things I really need at this time. But....
    Farewell Aldeberan is a very rare psych / folk album I think I want.

notesofachord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.