Insound 50% off everything sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Citroen, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

Can anyone vouch for the red Saturns Pattern pressing?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  2. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

I just checked my Coltrane from Insound, and neither lp is warped, the second lp is a little off center though.

3. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

4. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

When did you buy your Coltrane Jazz LP? Both mine are identically warped and has non-fill in the exact same places on both LPs.

5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I have the standard black and it’s good, haven’t ever heard the red. Would it be any different though other than the color?

6. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

There were a couple of positive comments about the red version on the old Saturns Pattern thread in Music Corner. I went ahead and ordered one. Considering this is one of my favorite Weller albums, and the cd is horrendous, I figured I'd never get a better deal.

hutlock likes this.
  7. hutlock

Yeah the black was a couple of bucks cheaper before when they had both in stock but I think the red is the only one left now. I think I paid $8 for the black late last year.

manicpopthrill likes this.
  8. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

From this last sale, I just received the lp.

9. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Placed order. I'd bet that this was not a huge pressing run. And when it is gone, it's gone for good.

10. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

A beautiful record, despite anything one of them may have done later. Besides, Judy will always deserve the recognition.

This would be the Omnivore version which is very lovingly done.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  11. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Not a needle drop either.

Anything on the Zappa / Cohen Bizarre - Straight imprint from true masters is going to get my credit card # and ex date.

I hope the artwork looks great, and not like color xerox copy.

12. dusttones

dusttones Forum Resident

Got the Randy Newman box set today from the 60% off sale. Shipped well and arrived in perfect shape. Chris Bellman in the deadwax on all of them. Hopefully they'll get cleaned and spun this weekend.

hutlock likes this.
  13. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I didn't see that box set when I last looked. I'd better have another quick look.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  14. hutlock

15. dusttones

dusttones Forum Resident

Mike6565 and hutlock like this.
  16. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Just got my shipment, 10 days exactly. I got the Faces box set and Deep Purple In Concert '72. So happy to have this stuff - the Faces albums sound terrific so far.

17. Andrew_db

Andrew_db Forum Resident

I've been impressed with their shipping times. Placed my order for the Monkees box on 2/18. It shipped on the evening of 2/20. That's pretty typical from my experience. If USPS holds true it usually takes 3 days to get to me in PA. Might be here Saturday.

18. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Which '72 show is it?

19. dkmonroe

It's the BBC show from Paris, same one that was on the AF SACD from several years ago, but remixed.

black sheriff likes this.
  20. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Oh I had the U.K. Harvest 2LP set (1970 & 1972), great performance but mono I think my original was. And I like this band in full on stereo thunder. Plus 29 or 30 minute sides were a tad dullish.

Is this remix stereo?

21. dkmonroe

That Harvest LP was fake stereo for the first LP (which was a different set from 1970) and stereo on the 2nd LP, but it didn't sound very good - it was created with some early 80's noise reduction process or some such thing. This one that I got is just the '72 set on 2 LPs, stereo remix. The LP sides are pretty short! The remix is not radically different to my ears. It also was released on CD.

black sheriff likes this.
  22. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

So it's now a hot scorcher spread out over 4 sides, sounds like it might be really good now.

Funny how the old U.K. harvest "In Concert" had so much potential (even the black photo inner sleeves were nice), yet it was boring.

dkmonroe likes this.
  23. dkmonroe

I've always wanted to hear a true mono (or a stereo remix) of the 1970 set but it must be that only the fake stereo tapes still exist.

24. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

But there is that hot double 1970 set - a legit release from 15 years ago, I forget the city, but it's hot. I think it's real stereo.

dkmonroe likes this.
  25. dkmonroe

Hmmm, I'll have to look into that. Was that a Deep Purple Overseas release? There's such a forest of DP live albums!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.