Insound 50% off everything sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Citroen, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

So, Paully (supposedly) shipped on Tuesday, but the UPS tracking number turns up no results at all. Is this normal? I contacted them this morning, but nothing but crickets so far.

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Not normal but also not unheard of. A lot of places will create a label and put it on your package before UPS actually picks it up and puts it in their system. Or UPS might miss the first scan and then not scan it again until it hits the first hub. If the number is at least in the UPS system even if there is no activity that is usually a very good sign that your stuff is on the way in any case.

kouzie and manicpopthrill like this.
  3. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

I ordered something from Insound on Feb 10. I received an email from them on Feb 11 that the package was "on its way" to me. The tracking number turned up nothing for a while. The package finally arrived on Feb. 19. The tracking number then showed the package's long journey from UPS to the USPS and finally to me. Something about UPS mail innovations. Be patient and it will come eventually.

manicpopthrill likes this.
  4. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

Thanks guys. I just got an email from Insound that it should update tomorrow on UPS's system.

5. eatandoph

eatandoph Forum Resident

I got my shipment, very well packed with no dents or anything. My Genesis Duke was slightly warped but plays fine; haven't investigated the others. I got an email telling me they wouldn't be getting any more copies of Hejira in, so that was disappointing, but it's still available from a lot of other suppliers if I decide it's worth paying more for.

6. hutlock

Wow I’m really glad I grabbed that Hejira now. Great sounding LP, well worth the $8 that Insound was charging.

7. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

I received my two packages from the recent sale in great shape and nicely packed....

8. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Enjoy that disc! I love that album, especially my copy with the defaced cover. :)
    [​IMG]

9. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

Guys, save yourselves a ton of headaches. Get a vinyl flat.

I flatten about 25% of the records I buy. Removes the stress of returns

10. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Could you recommend one please that is easy to use and will not cost a ton of money? Thanks

ZippyPippy likes this.
  11. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I was just contemplating this yesterday

tubesandvinyl likes this.
  12. tubesandvinyl

I bought the vinyl flat with heating pouch. Was around $200?

Honestly, I've probably flattened 100 records in the last bunch of years.

I never stress now about warps.
    $200 is a lot, but divide it by 10 years of use, and it's well worth it

Davidmk5, riverrat and aoxomoxoa like this.
  13. tubesandvinyl

I think you'll enjoy having one.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  14. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

A search here will turn up at least one extensive thread on using the Vinyl Flat and Groovy Pouch. I just looked at their website; seems sort of semi-broken on both Firefox and Chrome, but you can add stuff to your cart, and there is a phone number to call them.

Looks like they redesigned the pouch part to make it easier to use and heat more evenly. My version is about 3 years old and works fine on newer lps. As with other users, I've had a lot less luck flattening older lps with edge warps.

But yeah, to the original point- given how many lps arrive slightly warped these days, a VFGP is a good investment if you buy new records pretty often like I do.

tubesandvinyl likes this.
  15. audiolab1

audiolab1 Forum Resident

Has anyone been able to obtain replacements without having to ship the defective LPs back to Insound? I finally had time to listen to my Coltrane and Coleman Atlantic 45 RPM sets and I really can't believe these were pressed at Pallas. They are some of the worst new LPs I have ever received! Both Coltrane LPs have severe, narrow edge warps, are off-center, and full of crackling due to non-fill. Both Coleman LPs are also warped, but not as badly, and the first LP again is terribly off-centre and full of crackling because of visible non-fill. I'd swear these are known rejects or spent time in a hot warehouse or something. It makes no sense.

superstar19 likes this.
  16. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I couldn't get a flat copy of the Cure's Entreat set a year or 2 back, and they ended up shipping me another 2 copies without me having to return any. Never did get a perfectly flat set, but I ended up making a set from the least warped LPs.

audiolab1 likes this.
  17. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

I had the same problem with Cure LPs, got 3 different sets and all 3 were badly warped and unplayable. Same problem with the Coltrane Jazz 2 LP 45 RPM. Got 3 sets and all 3 exactly the same edge warp and non-fill issues. Just picked up a 70's reissue of Coltrane Jazz for $3 and it sounds much better!

18. hutlock

AFAIK they don’t ask you to return defective product at all. Why would they want it back? They are just going to toss it out anyway.

GentleSenator likes this.
  19. Andrew_db

Andrew_db Forum Resident

hutlock likes this.
  20. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Very limited items included, I must pass at this time.

(no box sets at all)

Andrew_db likes this.
  21. Andrew_db

Andrew_db Forum Resident

Yeah for a "Warehouse Moving Sale" they sure don't seem in any hurry to move anything

22. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I picked up a few things that I've missed over the last several sales, but the selection is very limited.

23. SJTM

SJTM Well-Known Member

Anyone up for a $200 book on the Rolling Stones?

24. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

Does it include a suitcase and a jigsaw puzzle?

leeroy jenkins likes this.
  25. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

They are just moving the warehouse folks...….no need to get excited!!:bdance:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.