“Invest in Vinyl” inner sleeves

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by GBailey9099, Jun 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Not tried them but Amazon sell Big Fudge sleeves that appear identical to MoFi for half the money.

I also recently bought some Spincare round bottom sleeves that are much cheaper than Nagaoka but use stronger and thicker material that does not crease so easily.

tin ears, latheofheaven and MGW like this.
  2. Pythonman

Pythonman Forum Resident

I just ordered a 100 pk of the Invest in Vinyl rice paper sleeves for $24 on eBay. The last 150 sleeves I got were labeled Checkoutstore and those are identical to the old QRP and MOFI sleeves as far as I could tell.

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. Nathan Z

Nathan Z Forum Resident

The Nagaoka sleeves seem really overpriced for what they are. I've seen 3 mil HDPE round bottoms exactly like the Nagaoka but it was $26 for 100 instead of like $50 for 50.

4. Wayne Nielson

Wayne Nielson Forum Resident

MOFI is all I use.

5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

so you haven't tried the invest in vinyl sleeves then?

6. Nathan Z

Nathan Z Forum Resident

7. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Have not tried Invest In Vinyl brand.
    I like Mofi, QRP, and My favorite are the Sleeve City.
    QRP are the same style as Mofi, and Acoustic Sounds sells them in bulk.

groovelocked likes this.
  8. vinylshadow

vinylshadow Forum Resident

Might these work for you?

AUDIOPHILE 12 Inch Inner Vinyl Record Sleeves (Pack of 100) - For 12" LPs

They give a 10% off for first time buyers. Code- SPINCARE

9. sublemon

sublemon Forum Resident

considering the mofis are $17.50 each if you buy 2 50 packs, with $5 shipping (in the US), I think that is a pretty good deal, from Music Direct. nb i do not work for them.

MCM_Fan likes this.
  10. Wayne Nielson

Wayne Nielson Forum Resident

I have no need to try other brands, as I like and trust (also like the price) of MOFI. I also buy them from Music Direct.

MCM_Fan likes this.
  11. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Now, they are charging the same as the MoFi ones o_O

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Fudge-Premium-Master-Sleeves/dp/B07Z3N5S86?

I wonder if any of you are familiar with the Checkout Store ones. They are bloody EVERYWHERE! I mean, Walmart, Amazon, Newegg, eBay, you name it. The prices are VERY good, like 200 for $34 no shipping. BUT... have any of you tried them yet?

CheckOutStore 3 Ply Rice Paper Archival Quality Anti Static Record for 12

jesterthejedi likes this.
  12. latheofheaven

Ah... that is what I needed to know! The last ones I bought from Amazon were also the excellent deal of 100 for $24, but they are not available anymore. However, I am eying the Checkout Store ones because the prices are very good! So, if you say they are identical to the MOFI or QRPs then that is a great deal!

13. latheofheaven

The Invest in Vinyl are great! But, Amazon doesn't seem to have them anymore. Shame too, because the last 100 I scored for $24 there was an excellent deal and they are every bit as nice as the QRPs and such. So, I'm HOPING that the widely available Checkoutstore ones are as good at even a better price!

Of course with all the frigg'n vinyl you buy, I'm surprised that you have enough money left for sleeves!

GentleSenator likes this.
  14. latheofheaven

Yep, just ordered 200 for $34 shipped no tax from the Checkoutstore site itself. If what the fellow above says is true, then they should be pretty nice!

Take that Mr. 'I Only Buy Mofi'! :D

Of course, if it ends up that they really SUCK...

[​IMG]

15. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

I tried them but immediately sent them back - I can't really remember what was wrong with them but definitely irregular in size, and I mean both the sleeve and the inside paper.
    I am very happy with the Audio Anatomy inner sleeves

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B004IVJV34/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_94TACZ6CPDTSP2SFZMAH

and with the Flux HiFi

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B08GG6F8T7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_43DZMGXSZEC7708WQT22

Sorry for pointing to the Italian website, I imagine their ASIN will transfer to any other "branch", but the description should help you wherever you will decide to buy them from.

16. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

For us Canadians, there's another great alternative to MoFi here: Vinyl Storage Solutions

They also sell proper rice paper inner sleeves for 7" and 10" records. Just purchased a set of the inner and outer sleeves and the quality is overall excellent.

McLover, latheofheaven and patient_ot like this.
  17. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan Senior Member

Amazon is currently out of stock of both the Mofi inner sleeves and the Invest in Vinyl clones. So, I just ordered two of the 50-packs of the Mofi sleeves from Music Direct at $17.50 each.

I added a 16 oz. bottle of Spin Clean solution (also out of stock at Amazon), which brought my total to $54.99, which qualified my order for free shipping.

Better than Amazon pricing, free shipping and everything in stock. Thanks for sharing the info and the link!

Richard Austen likes this.
  18. latheofheaven

Those Flux look nice, but they are expensive li'l buggers!

19. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

I have been using the QRP sleeves for a while now...just like the Mofi sleeves as far as I can tell. I purchased them in bulk from Acoustic Sounds...don't remember how much cheaper they were than Mofi at the time, but they were.

20. latheofheaven

Wow, $72 for 250, that is pretty good for top quality. I wasn't aware that they offered that good of a price. If the Checkoutstore ones suck I will definitely shag these. Thanks mate! :tiphat:

21. psulioninks

Just checked my invoice from last year...$255 for 1,000 - same as shown on their site.

22. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Recently got the Mofi inner sleeves from Elusive Disc. 300 sleeves (6 packs of 50) for $102 shipped and no tax!

MCM_Fan and latheofheaven like this.
  23. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan Senior Member

I have no dog in this fight, but I just want to point out a very similar deal can be had from Music Direct on 250 Mofi sleeves. Music Direct offers quantity discounts on the Mofi sleeves and free shipping on ALL orders over $49.99. For Qty = 4, the Music Direct Mofi price is $16.50 per pack of 50 sleeves. For 250 sleeves, that comes to $82.50 with free shipping. Also, you don't need to buy them 250 at a time to get a discount o n the Mofi sleeves. The quantity discounts start at 2 packs of 50 sleeves for $17.50 each.

From Acoustic Sounds, you need to spend $250 on non-music items to qualify from free shipping. To my address, the cheapest shipping option on a package of 250 QRP sleeves is $8.56 for a total of $80.81 for 250 QRP sleeves delivered to my door.

Cost wise, it's pretty much a wash, if you're ordering 250 sleeves at a time. Again, I'm happy with either "brand" at these prices, but I have never ordered 250 sleeves at once. I usually just buy 50 or 100 at a time, whatever is needed to get free shipping. Just pointing out another option.

24. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan Senior Member

Similar deal from Music Direct: 300 (6 packs of 50) Mofi inner sleeves for $99 with free shipping and no tax.

25. psulioninks

Now I remember why I bought the 1,000 quantity...they were cheaper per piece AND had free shipping as they were $255.

MCM_Fan and latheofheaven like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.