Iron Maiden - Legacy Of The Beast 2018/2019 tour*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Neonbeam, Nov 13, 2017.

1. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I have only seen them once and that was this year for to BOS tour. I liked the mix of old and new and would love to see them again on a best of tour. I doubt they come back here though because at the OK City show I saw there were a lot of empty seats and the floor was about half full.

2. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

They aren't going to saturate the OKC market. Now Philly, thats a real rock n roll town. ;)

vinylphile and ian christopher like this.
  3. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Im really looking forward to the Helsinki-show, at last we got indoor show here and a lot of folks have waited it for years.
    Last they played indoors here, was in way back in 2006 with "A Matter Of Life And Death" tour. Luckily FC has presale for the tickets so that should be secured for me.
    Have to look and see if could also go watch some other show overseas. I think the whole history/new album cycle has worked great.
    Anyways, Iron Maiden has always delivered the goods..
    Up The Irons!

4. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

By the way, forgot to mention that I've seen some really good interpretations and predictions of the 2018 tour setlist based on the teaser tour picture.
    I think I might compile my own list, but actually don't yet have the time so maybe I will look more to this when got proper time.
    The artwork might be totally teasing and irrelevant, perhaps it's only artwork and might not at all be related to possible setlist at all. Who knows? Maybe it's just so clever way to work things.
    I bet that someone or everyone involved with Maiden is laughing at how people are interpreting that artwork.

I think, there's still strong possibility that Harris&Co will still surprise us with something truly unique. I've still got plenty of trust for them to do things correct here.
    Then I think, that if they won't redeem themselves by reviving some totally forgotten gems, that were played live on each albums tour regularly, once, twice or not at all.
    If nothing like that comes out, then I don't think this setlist has much point. But let's not yet talk this, as we have had some surprises on the history tours, there might be something for us stil there.
    About the now past history-tours so far (Eddie Rips Up the World Tour 2005, Somewhere Back in Time World Tour 2008-09, Maiden England World Tour 2012-14),
    among other songs I just waited them to play "Caught Somewhere In Time" (which surely would have been must and essential to perform at 2008 tour) and "Infinite Dreams".
    Those 2 were the ones that should have been included as both were present there on the setlists when each albums tour were active. Maybe there was something that didn't work today for those songs?
    "Infinite Dreams" was probably the one I was looking forward to most, Iron Maiden even did rehearse it in preparations for the Maiden England World Tour, but dropped that one in the end for some strange reason.
    I just hope that they decide to feature some truly forgotten gems and stuff from those 80's albums that haven't been played for ages. Im almost open to anything as long as it gets the setlist fresh somehow.
    Perhaps they will play "Alexander The Great" at last? Whatever it will be then, we are now living exciting times...

BEST & WORST: The 10 Saddest Setlist Omissions in Iron Maiden’s History

Just based on the many concerts I've seen through the years from Maiden and thinking of that last weekends live-stream, I think it's just so great too how in top form their performance is.
    Totally on top of the game, no doubt about that. It's just remarkably great to see, hear and feel that total energy, enthusiasm, intensity and ambition present there.
    Like one of my friends said of saturdays stream: Remarkable performance, telepathic skills of playing as group and also outstanding groove. There is no other like Iron Maiden and there won't be.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  5. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Caught Somewhere In Time would indeed be great, and I’d also take Sea Of Madness, Alexander or anything else off of the album other than the well worn Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait. Also anything of No Prayer, although no-one aside from a few of us here seem to like the album - band included.

Maiden England got Afraid To Shoot Strangers, which was most welcome; not sure of the odds on hearing it again though. Dare they include anything from X Factor or VXI? Bruces versions of Lord of the Flies etc have been very good indeed, and would certainly mix the setlist up a bit. Infinite Dreams would be good as that was only glaring omission from the Maiden England tour. Of course I’d say an album play through of Seventh Son would have been the best thing ever; Phantom and Afraid/Stangers were the best possible consolations though!

Either way I’m already in, scored my ticket for Manchester this morning for the pre-sale. Very good to see booker’s name etc appearing on paper tickets and needing a reconciling credit card and photo ID for admission. Together with paperless ticketing for some dates & areas (standing at Manc is paperless) it’s good to see the band & management at least trying to do something about scalping.

6. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Second Nights added in Helsinki and London
    We’re pleased to announce that due to phenomenal demand, we’ve added two more shows to the Legacy of the Beast European tour.

Helsinki Hartwall Arena - May 29th

London O2 Arena – August 11th

Second Nights added in Helsinki and London

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the full tour dates for 2018:
    26 May 2018 Tallinn Estonia Saku Arena
    28 May 2018 Helsinki Finland Hartwall Arena
    29 May 2018 Helsinki Finland Hartwall Arena
    1 June 2018 Stockholm Sweden Tele2 Arena
    3 June 2018 Trondheim Norway Dahls Arena
    5 June 2018 Copenhagen Denmark Royal Arena
    7 June 2018 Sölvesborg Sweden Sweden Rock Festival
    9 June 2018 Munich Germany Königsplatz
    10 June 2018 Hanover Expo Plaza
    13 June 2018 Berlin Waldbühne
    16 June 2018 Florence Italy Visarno Arena
    17 June 2018 Nickelsdorf Austria Pannonia Fields II
    20 June 2018 Prague Czech Republic Letňany Airport
    22 June 2018 Dessel Belgium Festivalpark Stenehei
    24 June 2018 Clisson France Val de Moine
    26 June 2018 Geneva Switzerland SEG Geneva Arena
    28 June 2018 Sopron Hungary Lővér Camping Site
    30 June 2018 Freiburg Germany Messe
    1 July 2018 Arnhem Netherlands GelreDome
    5 July 2018 Paris France AccorHotels Arena
    9 July 2018 Milan Italy San Siro Ippodromo
    10 July 2018 Zürich Switzerland Hallenstadion
    13 July 2018 Lisbon Portugal Altice Arena
    14 July 2018 Madrid Spain Wanda Metropolitano
    17 July 2018 Trieste Italy Piazza Unità d'Italia
    20 July 2018 Athens Greece Terra Vibe Park
    22 July 2018 Plovdiv Bulgaria Plovdiv Stadium
    24 July 2018 Zagreb Croatia Arena Zagreb
    27 July 2018 Kraków Poland Tauron Arena
    31 July 2018 Newcastle England Metro Radio Arena
    2 August 2018 Belfast Northern Ireland SSE Arena
    4 August 2018 Aberdeen Scotland Exhibition and Conference Centre
    6 August 2018 Manchester England Manchester Arena
    7 August 2018 Birmingham Genting Arena
    10 August 2018 London The O2 Arena
    11 August 2018 London The O2 Arena

Legacy Of The Beast Tour - 2018 - Iron Maiden

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    coffeetime likes this.
  7. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Yes, haha Im feeling a bit great at the moment as I got the tickets to both Helsinki-shows next year..
    I bought the first evening (28.5.) from Fan Club-presale (on monday) when that went on general sale today, it was sold-out within minutes and then they added extra show for the next day.
    Of course I had to get it aswell. Im glad to see that tickets are selling fast and it's been actually some time since last time they did really sell that fast I suppose.
    Who knows, maybe I will be going to see even some more shows in the summer. If not, atleast I will see them twice and at last it's indoor-shows.
    The last time it was indoors Iron Maiden-show here in Finland was 2006, after that it was always outdoor venues like Olympic Stadium.
    Will be great evenings with Maiden and Im going with a friend, with whom I have gone to many Maiden shows before.
    So, looking forward to seeing Bruce, Steve, Dave, Adrian, Nicko and Janick on stage on the new tour, playing the songs (we don't actually know the setlist yet)...
    Up The Irons!

coffeetime and Neonbeam like this.
  8. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident

It's a complete waste of time though because it doesn't work. I went to both Metallica and Maiden this year, both had been advertised as needing the lead booker with original payment card and photo ID but when I went in they just did the usual scan of ticket and that was it (party of 3 on both occasions)!!

I think they're just using it as a scare tactic - why, I don't know because any decent scalper would know by now they're bluffing. What they really need to do is close down all these re-sale sites like Stubhub, etc but we know they won't as these sites are usually owned by the same businesses!

It's a great idea and could work for sure but it needs to be rolled out properly with all venues actually following the correct method. At the moment most venues don't have the infrastructure to do it.

9. panicproject

panicproject VinylVinylVinylVinyl

I have bought tickets for myself and my son for the London show. This will be his first gig, just as my first ever gig was also Iron Maiden just under 30 years ago. He will get the tickets from Christmas.

Bit annoyed that they have announced another London date. I ended up buying seats for the first show that were not the best to be fair. 24 hours later they announce another and all the good seats are available again.

coffeetime, Neonbeam and Doggiedogma like this.
  10. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Shame. They had the same system for David Gilmour at the RAH last year and it was enforced. Saw a few pairs of seats unoccupied inside, not too many though, and given the demand there's no way they wouldn't have been sold. Either a few pairs of people genuinely couldn't make it, or tickets bought on the secondary market/touts outside were actively being refused entry.

Beyond asking for this sort of arrangement, I'm not sure there's much more that Maiden and management can do themselves. I know Rod has been involved with trying to get concert ticketing operated on a similar basis to football ticketing in terms of resale, but when so many other acts & their management are actively complicit and collaborate with wholly owned resale sites, what can be done?

Donington aside, I'd always managed to get decent tickets for Maiden via the fan club and with First To The Barrier, they at least try to ensure genuine fans get first and preferential dibs. Got my ticket through the Live Nation pre-sale this time and its not a bad 'un (upper tier block 203 at the Manchester area); saw Fleetwood Mac in 2003 from almost the same seat and I was quite happy.

11. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

There was aswell extra date added to Paris-show but I forgot to mention it earlier.

coffeetime likes this.
  12. William Spruce

William Spruce Member

By sheer coincidence and good fortune... this tour was announced and coincided with an already planned trip to Germany and Switzerland for June of 2018. All that was required was a small itinerary adjustment... Lucerne is out, and Geneva is in. I have my ticket, and early-entry VIP "meet and greet" with Killswitch Engage securely in hand!! By the way... if you have not explored Killswitch Engage's music, this lifelong Maiden fan recommends it highly.

coffeetime likes this.
  13. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I wonder if they`ll play Hallowed Be Thy Name?
    Anyway if they hit the US again I would like to catch the show.
    I haven`t seen Maiden live since the Somewhere Back In Time Tour.

Wally Swift and ian christopher like this.
  14. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Any developments with that lawsuit?

I hope they are not only going to issue that legacy soundtrack or a hits package.
    There are too many essential 80`s live recordings long out of print for the longest time of
    any Maiden records.(or for that matter brickwalled compact discs never issued complete on vinyl)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  15. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Yesterday I got email that Iron Maiden have added a second night in Krakow, Poland – Saturday 28th July 2018.
    With the announcement of this show, the 2018 Legacy Of The Beast Tour dates are now complete.

Maiden announce second Poland show

coffeetime likes this.
  16. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Also, not sure where to put this but they did announce new beer last week (which I forgot to mention about earlier):

ROBINSONS, IRON MAIDEN and HELP FOR HEROES join forces to launch LIGHT BRIGADE BEER in the UK

Jan 10th, 2018
    ROBINSONS, IRON MAIDEN and HELP FOR HEROES join forces to launch LIGHT BRIGADE BEER in the UK

Exciting news from the world of beer...

British rock legends IRON MAIDEN and independent family brewers ROBINSONS announce the creation of LIGHT BRIGADE, a unique golden English ale with a 4.1% ABV. It has been developed in support of HELP FOR HEROES, the British charity that provides recovery and support for the Armed Forces community whose lives are affected by their service. 6p of each pint and 5p of each bottle sold will be donated to help the thousands of Servicemen and women who live with complex wounds and injuries – both physical and mental – and are looking to regain their purpose in life.
    [​IMG]

HELP FOR HEROES met with ROBINSONS in the summer of 2017 to explore the possibility of launching a beer. ROBINSONS and IRON MAIDEN, who jointly launched TROOPER Beer almost five years ago and which has now sold over 20 million pints worldwide, were immediately enthusiastic about the idea. Indeed, the origin of TROOPER’s name, which comes from the classic IRON MAIDEN song, ‘The Trooper’, based on the Battle of Balaclava of 1854 in the Crimean War, reflects the band’s well-known interest in history.

As ever with the TROOPER range of beers, ROBINSONS’ Head Brewer, MARTYN WEEKS, and IRON MAIDEN lead vocalist and ale aficionado, BRUCE DICKINSON, teamed up to create the new and original beer, with the final tasting and approval taking place at HELP FOR HEROES’ Tedworth House Recovery Centre in Wiltshire, last Autumn.

BRUCE DICKINSON said: “We are very proud to have been asked to get involved. I have been an instructor on several of British Airways’ flight simulator ‘Flying Heroes’ days for HELP FOR HEROES Veterans, so I know the charity and the work that they do well. LIGHT BRIGADE is our interpretation of a golden ale that maintains the elements of strength and character that are the essence of TROOPER but at a more sessionable level. In fact, the two beers complement each other very well."

BETH MILES, Director of Marketing and Fundraising at HELP FOR HEROES: “We are thrilled that BRUCE DICKINSON has developed a new beer for us under the TROOPER brand with ROBINSONS. We are sure that LIGHT BRIGADE will have a very popular appeal and raise significant funds, enabling HELP FOR HEROES to empower more Veterans to reach their potential and regain their purpose. This is the beginning of a partnership which we hope will see TROOPER fans and ROBINSONS customers join The Force for Good campaign to support the thousands whose lives have been affected by their service.”

MARTYN WEEKS commented: “Bruce and I were recently invited to visit HELP FOR HEROES in Wiltshire, where we had a tour of the incredible recovery facilities there and met some of the Veterans. We were both hugely impressed with the work they are doing and launching a new beer in support of this Charity is, we believe, a great way to raise money and awareness for this very worthy cause. ROBINSONS will also be supporting the Charity through fundraising in our pub estate.”

LIGHT BRIGADE is designed as a session ale for beer and music fans everywhere. It will also be produced on a long-term basis, differentiating it from the other limited edition TROOPER beers: 666, Red ‘N Black, and Hallowed. In keeping with the Trooper brand, LIGHT BRIGADE’s original bottle label features IRON MAIDEN’s iconic mascot EDDIE on horseback in one of the uniforms of the LIGHT BRIGADE.

[​IMG]

LIGHT BRIGADE is available to pre-order online now from Robinsons for delivery from 1st February, and will be stocked in UK supermarkets nationwide and selected pubs from 19th February onwards.

ian christopher and superstar19 like this.
  17. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Can't recall if there's been any news or updates anywhere. Hopefully it will be settled somehow, so we can get Hallowed back to the setlist.

steveharris likes this.
  18. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

Excellent! I hope it makes it to the States like the rest of the Troopers have. I have to keep my collection going!

19. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

20. Doggiedogma

Doggiedogma "Think this is enough?" "Uhh - nah. Go for broke."

This needs to come to the U.S., specifically Merriweather Post Pavilion!

21. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

Hopefully Sign of the Cross or Clansman now that Hallowed Be Thy Name has been temporarily retired.

warewolf95 likes this.
  22. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

Rocklahoma notwithstanding?

warewolf95 likes this.
  23. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

"...a set list covering a large selection of '80s material with a handful of surprises from later albums to add diversity."

So it's mostly an 80's tour. I'm sure we'll get Fear of the Dark and I'm guessing 2 or 3 songs from the reunion years. I hope the "surprises" are legitimate good ones, something like Total Eclipse or, even better, something they've never played live before. THAT would be a shock. They are playing a show in Athens so maybe we'll get Alexander the Great? Please?

The 80's songs that are in the game that aren't played too often are:

Losfer Words
    Powerslave (*yeah, they played it on the BOS tour. I mean in general we don't hear it every show)
    Where Eagles Dare
    Children of the Damned (*also played on BOS tour)

24. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I think there's really sense surprise in the air, Im going to see shows #2 and #3 on the tour in Helsinki, gonna avoid reading setlists, spoilers or anything before seeing the actual show.

There's possibility of total surprise by being some songs that haven't been played before, but if they're going to some old songs which haven't been played too often are:
    Infinite Dreams (come on, it's really time to play this gem as it was overlooked on the history-tours and people want to hear this and this would have been essential) 3 guitars and Bruce delivering this one perfect, this would be my ultimate choice for surprise.
    Caught Somewhere In Time (this was also overlooked on the history-tours and also essential as Infinite Dreams).
    Alexander The Great (this is the one that many, many fans have waited to be featured someday on the setlists, could it be now that it gets finally played live?).
    + many more songs that I can't now list here..will be interesting to hear/see the new show at the end of may.

25. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Alexander The Great