Iron Maiden - Legacy Of The Beast 2018/2019 tour*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Neonbeam, Nov 13, 2017.

1. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Im just browsing the FC-forums and it seems that according to a member of the official Fan Club forum, one of the Killer Krew members has posted on Facebook that they "ain't doing any tours until there is a vaccine that works".
    It is highly likely that Maiden would not be playing any single show in 2021 then.

2. Meyer

Meyer Heavy Metal Parking Lot Resident

That seems likely for any act that performs in spaces larger than clubs (and I sure as hell ain't going to a club show, either). I can't see how you can pull off an arena/stadium tour until there's a vaccine that levels the playing field.

I do hope they regroup with a new album, scrap the rest of this tour (as awesome as it was to see), and plot out a proper album tour.

3. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I've been confident the whole time that with this situation going still around, any shows by anybody (atleast the bigger shows) happening in 2021 would better be just cancelled straightaway and not postpone them anymore.
    Some people did buy tickets to next years show(s), bought flight tickets and booked hotels, but I almost certain that the shows won't be happening so I didn't took any risk as I knew this was coming on and not going away fast.
    The couple 2018 LOTB-shows that I saw were indeed great and I loved them, but for now I hope them to go on and cancel the 2021 shows and then do completely new album tour (whenever it's safe to do).
    As the talk, sightnings and extensive detective work provided by Maidenfans around the world, it's most likely that they have 1 album (full or almost) recorded in Paris 2019.
    But for the current thing, it would be definitely interesting to find out if they have composed or recorded further material during this corona-lockdown and such.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Meyer likes this.
  4. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

If they used all this downtime to write and record new stuff without being in a hurry about it, taking their sweet time to craft the writing and arrangements, that might be a good thing. I'm not the biggest fan of the "let's book a studio for a couple of months and see what we come up with" policy.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

[​IMG]

Apr 13th, 2021
    European Legacy of the Beast Summer 2021 Tour - Postponed to 2022

We regret to announce that the IRON MAIDEN 2021 June & July dates on the Legacy Of The Beast Tour have been postponed due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic restrictions on global live events and travel. The Legacy Of The Beast European Tour will now take place in the Summer of 2022 on the dates below. All tickets remain valid. Please note:

-The German Stuttgart 2022 show will now take place at the Cannstatter Wasen, not the Mercedes-Benz Arena, which is not available due to stadium reconstruction works. Tickets remain valid and ticket-holders will be notified by the local promoter/ticketing agency in due course.

-The Swiss show has reverted to Zurich Hallenstadion as was originally planned for 2020, as this venue is now available again for 2022. Therefore, there will be no rescheduled show for Basel St Jakobshalle (which never went onsale this year).

-Zurich along with Frankfurt, Arnhem and Belsonic will go on sale imminently – details below

The postponement of the Legacy Of The Beast Tour does however bring the good news that Maiden can now return to headlining the European festival dates initially planned for 2020 which were cancelled due to the pandemic. This includes Graspop in Belgium so therefore the own-show date in Antwerp (which had also not gone onsale) will no longer take place. Furthermore, we are in the process of finalising a further couple of own-shows in other European territories and will update you about those as soon as they are confirmed.

Confirmed supports for all own-shows can be found on the Tour date page. Where possible these will remain the same as announced for this year.

Manager Rod Smallwood comments; “Naturally the band are hugely disappointed, a second summer without touring, especially with this very special Legacy show, is very hard to take. They send their best wishes to you all, knowing full well you fans will feel the same. As we all know, realistically there is no alternative so we will all make the best of it and spend the time preparing for a very memorable and even more spectacular Legacy tour next year, we promise! Until then keep safe and keep smart”

2022 LEGACY OF THE BEAST EUROPEAN DATES:

June 04 - Finland Hyvinkää Rockfest
    June 11 - UK Donington Download Festival
    June 13 - N.Ire Belfast Ormeau Park Belsonic Festival*
    June 16 - Belgium, Dessel Graspop
    June 18 - Denmark, Copenhagen, Copenhell
    June 20 - Czech Republic Prague Sinobo Stadium (rescheduled from 15.06.2021)
    June 23 - Norway Oslo Tons Of Rock
    June 26 - France Paris La Defense Arena (rescheduled from 11.07.21)
    June 27 - Netherlands Arnhem Gelredome (rescheduled from 10.07.21)*
    June 30 - Switzerland Zurich Hallenstadion *

July 02 - Germany Cologne Rhein-Energie-Stadium (rescheduled from 08.07.21)
    July 04 - Germany Berlin Waldbühne (rescheduled from 30.06.21)
    July 07 - Italy Bologna Sonic Park (rescheduled from 24.06.21)
    July 09 - Germany Stuttgart Cannstatter Wasen (rescheduled from Mercedes-Benz Arena 26.06.21)
    July 10 - Austria Wiener Neustadt Stadium Open-Air (rescheduled from 16.06.21)
    July 20 - Germany Bremen Bürgerweide (rescheduled from 13.06.21)
    July 22 - Sweden Gothenburg Ullevi Stadium (rescheduled from 03.07.21)
    July 24 - Poland Warsaw PGE Narodowy (rescheduled from 11.06.21)
    July 26 - Germany Frankfurt Deutsche Bank Park (rescheduled from 06.07.21)*
    July 29 - Spain Barcelona Olympic Stadium (rescheduled from 19.06.21)
    July 31 - Portugal Lisbon Estadio Nacional (rescheduled from 21.06.21)

European Legacy of the Beast Summer 2021 Tour - Postponed to 2022

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    coffeetime likes this.
  6. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I have doubts as we don't know the current situation of COVID-19 in 2022..so I will be following the happenings and if the tour and shows will go on I will be there at Rockfest Hyvinkää to see the boys again.
    Hope to see these shows happen (safely when possible), but at the same time I could have sworn to hope that they would have cancelled the 3rd leg of LOTB fully and instead embarked on the new album tour instead.
    The promise of exciting news from Adrian really made me hope of new album and new album tour instead, well it just might take more time and will happen eventually. The album is ready anyways.
    And for sure, if anything worthwile happens regarding Iron Maiden I will definitely mention it here. Take care people and stay safe. Hopefully this horrible pandemia will go away so we can live our live normally.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Meyer and coffeetime like this.
  7. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Tempted to pick up a day ticket for Donington on the Saturday here, with this looking like the only UK date. Whilst it would have been good to have a new album & tour, I can’t quite believe it was 2018 when I saw the Legacy tour in Manchester. Hopefully with vaccinations and a more cautious, somber approach to public health here in UK, the prospect of hollering and singing along with a few tens of thousands other people through that set list again would be quite something to look forward on.

Also hoping the band can make it down under for fans there. The 2018 Manchester date was the best I’ve heard the band play (even above their usual high standards). I might have enjoyed other reunion era set lists more, but that night the band seemed to play as though their lives depended on it.

McWolfred and warewolf95 like this.
  8. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

I don’t think the governments have any intention of allowing live bands to tour the world again.

9. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I'm afraid you may be right.

10. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

They will as soon as it’s safe.

Except for Brexit-land. :shake: But that has nothing to do with the pandemic.

11. Ghost of Ziggy

But they want zero covid which is impossible.

12. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

We live in uncertain times, hope to see live concerts happening as normally but you never know what happens (as we didn't see this whole Covid-19 coming). I don't think I will buy ticket to the Rockfest too soon, I will wait closer and see if it really happening.
    It will be great if we can see Iron Maiden and other bands/artists do normal shows and tours..just hoping that day to be here as soon as possible. Better to hope and have some sort of optimistic view that we will together get through this.
    I think the 2 shows I saw in 2018 were absolutely great and the band and Bruce were in top form, so that was it and so I would have gladly welcomed any more information and news regarding the new album. Hope we get some more news soon.

coffeetime likes this.
  13. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I'm surprised more bands haven't used the forced time off the road to record new albums.

warewolf95 and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. walrus

They’ll come around. But proof of vaccination should be required for all events. That’s as safe as we’re going to get.

15. walrus

I bet some have and we just don’t know about it, because they’re holding off until they can actually promote it. I know Maiden’s been working on stuff, but I don’t know if this means it’s getting pushed back until after this 2022 Legacy run.

warewolf95 and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I don't think bands make much $$ just off album sales/streaming these days. From what I understand, the money is made off the tours and merch. But perhaps we'll see more new recordings now that it looks like mass touring isn't happening any time soon.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

If Iron Maiden have a completed album then I think they should release it. Like many veteran bands (and probably more than most), a tour is not necessary for them to generate album sales. I would guess that there would be a very small sales difference for them with or without live shows. And if they've already spent the money to record an album, why sit on it?

Even keeping optimistic about touring in 2022 why not release a three or four song ep now and then another in 12 months? For me I found The Book Of Souls easier to consume as two separate albums anyway.

I know Adrian said something very recently so I may be getting ahead of myself, but my feeling is that Iron Maiden are just in an "old dog/new tricks" situation. All they know is an album goes with a tour and they're too old to change now.

That said, with Iron Maiden or any other band, if albums weren't completed in early 2020 I don't think it's realistic to expect them to have been recording during this down time. These are old guys to begin with, there's a world wide pandemic, many times they don't live in the same countries and couldn't travel even if they wanted to. And that's just the band. You can't record an album without studio people and the studios themselves are going to be subject to local laws about whether they're even allowed to be open.

18. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

The album was most likely recorded in Paris, early 2019. Or if not completed then something was recorded then.
    Iron Maiden Song By Song Thread

19. RyanX

RyanX and get the priest as well

So if they have a new album that is finished (or almost finished) and they plan to do more Legacy touring next summer, it will be fall of 2022 at the earliest for a new album release. So will there be any archive material released this year?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Floyd

☆ June 5 ..... Nicko's 69th birthday.:cheers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :cheers:

21. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

He doesn't give any details, but it sounds like Maiden has big plans for next year.

22. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Touring AND new album? It's about time.

Matthew Tate and warewolf95 like this.
  23. Ghost of Ziggy

I don’t think they have any choice.

warewolf95 likes this.
  24. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

Considering there aren't any live shows going on the band could at least finish the DVD series and release "Live At Donington/Raising Hell" on DVD. (I know "Raising Hell" has been out in the US but that was over 20 years ago!) and update the set accordingly with a couple more 1992 era songs. We won't be seeing, tragically, any official Blaze era live stuff for a while yet. I'm more annoyed that Maiden are fast running out of time - they have at most 10 years left - and are still running the nostalgia engine down. Bands are a long time dead, and there's plenty of time then for nostalgia.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2022 run leads into a late 2022 LP release.

25. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Nicko always seems like the chillest dude ever, like the kind of guy you'd sit down next to at the bar and instantly hit it off with or something :p