Iron Maiden - Legacy Of The Beast 2018/2019 tour*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Neonbeam, Nov 13, 2017.

1. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I heard a rumor Maiden was doing something with an orchestra.I have no idea.I wonder how many bands completed projects then had to put them on hold?I am more interested in archive boxsets from all of these bands.How much effort is needed for promotion,is that a big part of the business side?I thought record companies are pushing many of these big reissue boxsets on physical media and that is why some bands do it and others don’t need or want to, like Zeppelin,Yet Page did the Live Yardbirds and Coverdale reissues.I remember Maiden couldn’t reissue Eddies Archive because they didn’t own all of their music when they switched labels.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I watched that the other night , was surprised to hear he got a hip Replacement , I really enjoy her interviews , she's pretty chill & has fun with them .

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

It's a shame they started going down this road in the 2000s when they were still actively doing new material. I feel like we have had numerous Maiden GH tours since 2008 and they all kind of blend together for me.

4. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

I haven't seen IM since the X-Factor tour. I'm torn between wanting to see a GH tour and a new album tour. Either way, making a trek to Philadelphia, most likely on a weekday, is a non starter for me anyway. The one and only show I've seen in Philly was Punk in Drublic (before that went off the rails). That was a lot of fun even though it was somewhat cold and muddy. There was a beer tasting festival attached.

ian christopher and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

30 SHOWS ADDED TO AN UPDATED LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2022 WORLD TOUR IN AMERICA, CANADA, MEXICO AND EUROPE!
    Dec 1st, 2021
    30 SHOWS ADDED TO AN UPDATED LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2022 WORLD TOUR IN AMERICA, CANADA, MEXICO AND EUROPE!
    [​IMG]
    CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED SHOW TO BE EVEN MORE SPECTACULAR WITH THE ADDITION OF A WHOLE NEW WORLD AROUND SENJUTSU

IRON MAIDEN will return to North America and Mexico in 2022 and also take their Legacy of the Beast World Tour further East into Europe. The show has already been seen by almost two million people across the globe, being hailed by fans and media alike as the most exciting and visually spectacular performance of the band’s career to date, with a decades-spanning set list of fan favourites.

Iron Maiden manager Rod Smallwood comments,

Next summer we will finally get to play the huge European stadium and festival tour for Legacy of the Beast originally set for 2020. The new show will be even more spectacular so after our visit to Rock in Rio early September 2022 we have decided to take it back to our fans in North America and Mexico too, playing in cities or venues we did not get to last time we toured in 2019. We are also adding some of the great cities of eastern Europe we were not initially visiting!

We’ll be making a couple of additions and changes to the production and setlist to include some songs from our new album Senjutsu and are making the 2022 version of Legacy of the Beast even more spectacular than the acclaimed original show. You can be sure that we will still be featuring all the “hits” and the key elements of the original tour like the Spitfire, Icarus, Hell, flamethrowers and pyro and the rest - but we will shake it up a bit and Trooper Eddie will have serious competition in the new Senjutsu ‘world’ we are adding.

Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson adds,

“I’m really excited about the new additions to the stage production and we can’t wait for everyone to see what we’ve got planned. The whole band has really enjoyed the Legacy tour and now we just can’t wait get back out on the road to play live, have fun and see everyone again.”

The Legacy of the Beast tour production and set list is inspired by Maiden’s award-winning free to play mobile game of the same name which is available on iOS and Android platforms.

The new dates are:

May 2022
    22 Zagreb, CROATIA – Arena Zagreb (Lord of the Lost)
    24 Belgrade, SERBIA – Stark Arena (Lord of the Lost)
    26 Bucharest, ROMANIA – Romexpo Open Air (Lord of the Lost)
    29 Kyiv, UKRAINE – VDNG (Airbourne & Lord of the Lost)

July 2022
    13 Sofia, BULGARIA – Arena Armeec (Lord of the Lost)
    16 Athens, GREECE – Olympic Stadium (Airbourne & Lord of the Lost)

September 2022
    07 Mexico City, MEXICO – Foro Sol (Special Guests to be announced)
    11 El Paso, TX, USA – Don Haskins Center (Trivium)
    13 Austin, TX, USA – Moody Center (Trivium)
    15 Tulsa, OK, USA – BOK Center (Trivium)
    17 Denver, CO, USA – Ball Arena (Trivium)
    19 Salt Lake City, UT, USA – USANA Amphitheatre (Trivium)
    21 Anaheim, CA, USA – Honda Center (Trivium)
    25 Chula Vista, CA, USA – North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre (Trivium)
    27 Concord, CA, USA – Concord Pavilion (Trivium)
    29 Seattle, WA, USA – Climate Pledge Arena (Trivium)
    30 Spokane, WA, USA – Spokane Arena (Trivium)

October 2022
    03 Sioux Falls, SD, USA – Denny Sanford Premier Center (Within Temptation)
    05 Chicago, IL, USA – United Center (Within Temptation)
    07 Columbus, OH, USA – Nationwide Arena (Within Temptation)
    09 Detroit, MI, USA – Little Caesars Arena (Within Temptation)
    11 Toronto, ON, CANADA – Scotiabank Centre (Within Temptation)
    12 Hamilton, ON, CANADA – FirstOntario Centre (Within Temptation)
    15 Ottawa, ON, CANADA – Canadian Tire Centre (Within Temptation)
    17 Worcester, MA, USA – DCU Center (Within Temptation)
    19 Belmont Park, NY, USA – UBS Arena (Within Temptation)
    21 Newark, NJ, USA – Prudential Center (Within Temptation)
    23 Washington, DC, USA – Capital One Arena (Within Temptation)
    25 Greensboro, NC, USA – Greensboro Coliseum (Within Temptation)
    27 Tampa, FL, USA – Amalie Arena (Within Temptation)

Fan Club presales for shows in Europe and Mexico take place on Friday 3rd, and for the US & Canada shows on Tuesday 7th - more info will be added here.

Ticketmaster Verified Fan presale for the US & Canada shows will be on Wednesday 8th - register here.

Tickets go on general sale:

Greece - Saturday December 4
    Croatia, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine, Bulgaria - Monday December 6
    Mexico - Wednesday December 8
    US & Canada - Friday December 10

For a full list of all 2022 dates, plus ticketing links for the above shows, please visit the tour page.

Cheevyjames, aroney, Deuce66 and 3 others like this.
  7. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Hmmmm... Mixed feelings about this. I don't see them making the show longer than it already is, so I expect they'll take stuff out from the previous Legacy set to make room for Senjutsu material, which means it won't be a full Legacy show and it won't be a proper Senjutsu show like they'd do if they were doing a regular new-album type tour. Hmmm...

I will be there, nevertheless. :D

coffeetime and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. mikedifr0923

mikedifr0923 Forum Resident

I think they have balanced it well. They have essentially alternated album and nostalgia tours for 10-15 years at this point

Purple and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

so you think the tour for the new album will be AFTER these announced dates?

10. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I think the press release makes it fairly clear that this will be the tour that supports Senjutsu. I'm guessing they add 3 songs max from the new album and nothing crazy long either.

We’ll be making a couple of additions and changes to the production and setlist to include some songs from our new album Senjutsu and are making the 2022 version of Legacy of the Beast even more spectacular than the acclaimed original show. You can be sure that we will still be featuring all the “hits” and the key elements of the original tour like the Spitfire, Icarus, Hell, flamethrowers and pyro and the rest - but we will shake it up a bit and Trooper Eddie will have serious competition in the new Senjutsu ‘world’ we are adding.

11. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

I really don't mind, but each nostalgia tour means that an album gets pushed out two years further away.

Purple likes this.
  12. sillycornelius

sillycornelius Forum Resident

So what goes?? Here's my guess if anyone cares...

Assuming 3 songs will ultimately go. This is based more on what I know of the band's tendencies vs. what I would personally want.

Aces High
    Where Eagles Dare
    2 Minutes to Midnight - replaced with... Stratego
    The Clansman
    The Trooper
    Revelations
    For The Greater Good of God - replaced with... Hell on Earth
    The Wicker Man
    Sign of the Cross
    Flight of Icarus
    Fear of the Dark
    The Number of the Beast
    Iron Maiden
    _________
    The Evil That Men Do - replaced with... The Writing on the Wall
    Hallowed Be Thy Name
    Run to the Hills

If they lose 4 songs then I'd assume either The Clansman or Sign of the Cross would go (or Wicker Man?).

13. sillycornelius

I grabbed tix for the Tampa show. Should be a good one since it'll be (presumably) the last show of the tour. I try to hit as many first/last shows of Maiden tours as possible.

And what if it somehow turns out to be their last show ever... unlikely, but I can't take a chance on missing that!

14. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

If they play 3 songs from their recent album that will be half the set :laugh:

15. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I don't really think not doing those tours would've resulted in more albums. They all do other things and have other interests, and make records when the inspiration strikes. The tour legs are spread out, with tons of time in between and none of them seeming particularly grueling.

Personally I'd much prefer vinyl-length Maiden albums released more often than every album being insanely long and only coming out every 3-5 years, but i genuinely don't think the amount of music completed and released would've been affected much at all.

aroney, Matthew Tate and markreed like this.
  16. sillycornelius

After almost 3 years, the Legacy of the Beast tour starts back up on Sunday in Croatia. It'll be interesting to see which Senjutsu songs will be included (and which songs will be removed from the previous setlist).

Gus Tomato and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. Sav

Sav Forum Resident

Senjustsu
    Writing on the wall
    & Stratego will be the songs they will play imo, they wont play any of the long songs until they tour the album - which people will moan about even though Bruce has clearly stated if you dont like the album dont come to the shows - people will still take to social media & twist about how the band have never been the same since Killers :rolleyes: if yer dont like it - get off the bus. Personally i cant wait to see it & i hope its small theatres in the uk, i reckon i`l take my Maiden shows to over 50 shows, they never let me down from the 1st show i saw in `79 to now which imo is the bands best era by far - haters will always hate - easy solution - dont go, dont buy the albums & dont comment :shh:

slipkid, Purple, warewolf95 and 5 others like this.
  18. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I want them to do Empire Of The Clouds and turn it into Dark Star length.

19. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

Alexander the Great.

supernaut and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. malcolm reynolds

There is a better chance of Eddie running out on stage butt naked.

21. markreed

markreed Forum Resident

Maiden have always played the biggest venues they think they can sell. Not much chance of theatres, it'll be arenas. That said, I'd prefer their setlists were a little more varied and had some newer stuff in - playing the same 19 songs in the same order 114 times in a row must get quite boring, to be honest.

warewolf95, Matthew Tate and Sav like this.
  22. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

So according to the reports, it seems that Senjutsu world will be the first to go..meaning that they will probably play 3 songs at the start: "Senjutsu", "Stratego" and "Writing On The Wall".
    Im really interested to know how will the intro go and once they get to the title track of the new album. Can't wait to experience it myself.
    Show is starting in 30 minutes (or so). It's really thrilling to follow and I like all the suspense in the wait. Looking forward to seeing Iron Maiden in Finland early june.
    Paul by the way met Steve and there's even a picture of them talking.

My prediction for the setlist:
    1. Senjutsu
    2. Stratego
    3. Writing On the Wall
    4. Where Eagles Dare
    5. 2 Minutes to Midnight
    6. The Trooper
    7. Revelations
    8. Sign of the Cross
    9. Flight Of Icarus
    10. The Number Of The Beast
    11. Fear of the Dark
    12. Hallowed Be Thy Name
    13. Iron Maiden
    14. Aces High
    15. The Evil That Men Do
    16. Run to the Hills

I think they even could have opened with Aces High as it was so perfect opening song for LOTB-shows in 2018-2019. Aces High and 2 Minutes To Midnight form really great flow and start for the show.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  23. malcolm reynolds

The first show has started in Croatia.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Yep. Are we using spoilers here or not? They've changed the setlist a bit anyways.
    So far it seems that they've did the first 3 songs like I predicted.

Some comments really praise the beginning of the show and Bruce nails the highs in the first song, Senjutsu and there's also Samurai Eddie on stage.
    I decided not to watch any pictures or videostreams as I don't want to tbe spoiled when I see them soon live

coffeetime, Purple and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. malcolm reynolds

I am looking at the setlist but won't watch and videos or look at pics.

Matthew Tate likes this.