Iron Maiden - Legacy Of The Beast 2018/2019 tour*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Neonbeam, Nov 13, 2017.

1. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

Stranger In A Strange Land not played since Ed Hunter shows I believe.

Cheevyjames likes this.
  2. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Ooh, that would be a good one too. I bet they pull out one song they 'haven't played in 20 years' which is only 1998...

ian christopher likes this.
  3. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

Even then, it was only played at a couple of shows I think.

Truthfully, I'd be happy with anything that isn't the usual ones.

Doggiedogma likes this.
  4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Kerrang! asked singer Bruce Dickinson if there is less pressure doing a ‘classics’ tour than loading up a setlist with new material for an album tour, to which he replied:

“It’s different. But when you do a show like we’re planning to do, I want it to be really slick, but awesome. I want people to go, ‘Wow! ****ing hell, you’ve gotta see this show!’ I want people to be surprised as well. I want them to go home going, ‘****ing hell, I can’t believe they played THAT song!’ That’s the reaction I want. When you do an album tour, it’s more… you can take time to be a bit goofy with people and for them to digest it and what have you. On the Book Of Souls tour there was quite a lot of chatting with the audience. I’m not planning that on this tour because we’ve got so much to do and there’s so much going on. The show and the music is gonna carry the whole bloody thing. I’m pretty intimately involved in the show. There’ll be a couple of moments of chat with the audience, but it should be completely self-explanatory what’s going on – the drama should be in the transitions of the stage and the music. And we’re playing one or two things that people are gonna be really surprised by. There’ll be social media madness after the first show.”

play Alexander the Great and the Maiden fandom will lose their marbles.....

5. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

Wonder what the jet will look like on this one........

Doggiedogma and Instant Dharma like this.
  6. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I've never heard a good live version of Stranger in a Strange Land. Bruce always plays around with the cadence of the lines and it ruins it. It's the type of song that has to be approached just like the studio version or it just sounds wrong.

ian christopher likes this.
  7. panicproject

panicproject VinylVinylVinylVinyl

Flight of Icarus would be great

Doggiedogma likes this.
  8. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

Bruce and Geddy Lee (two otherwise great vocalists) do this often, irks me to no end!

9. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

coffeetime and Cheevyjames like this.
  10. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

So, as we're all getting a bit hyped of the upcoming tour, I will have to mention this about the setlist:
    I will not spoil anybody and if I will post anything I will hide it in these spoiler-tags, I hope that you will do the same.

Cheevyjames likes this.
  11. Weirwolfe

Weirwolfe Forum Resident

Count me in.

SizzleVonSizzleton likes this.
  12. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

"There’ll be social media madness after the first show.”

hmmmmmmmm

13. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

if anyone can post the set list Here while itis played, we would be grateful. Anyone in talin?

14. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

They should be hitting the stage right about now...2:00PM EST.

15. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Doggiedogma, coffeetime and porotikos like this.
  16. porotikos

porotikos Porotikos

wow. Thank you my friend. I am right now at a concert watching Heavy load. I'd be much obliged if you can keep em coming

17. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

6. Revelations
    7. For The Greater Good Of God
    8. The Wicker Man
    9, Sign of the Cross

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Doggiedogma likes this.
  18. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Luckily I've so far managed to be spoiled by anything so..not even gonna read anything that would bring me too much information.
    Ok, Im going to be offline for sometime as on monday and tuesday I will be seeing Maiden live on this new "Legacy Of The Beast Tour", so I don't need or want to be spoiled by anything.
    I will be back with you here on wednesday and then going to comment a bit and review the shows. Im so looking forward to the new tour and having a great time there with my friend.

19. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

10. Flight of Icarus
    11. Fear of the Dark
    12. 666
    13. Iron Maiden
    14. The evil that men do
    15. Hallowed
    16. Run to the Hills

Doggiedogma likes this.
  20. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Where Eagles Dare? Oh yes!
    The Clansman & Sign Of The Cross? VERY happy to hear the Blaze era is getting some love. Very happy indeed.

Evil That Men Do? I’ll never complain when anything rom Seventh Son gets an airing. Missed opportunity with Infinite Dreams not getting played during the Maiden England dates.

For The Greater Good? Would prefer Brighter Than A Thousand Sons but I’ll take it. Can’t belive it’s been 12 years in AMOLAD.

Disappointed that the always neglected Somehwre In Time (barring the usual two candidates) and No Prayer getting short shrift. Otherwise this feels a little like a ‘greatest hits’ set, but there’s enough to make my Manchester ticket worthwhile.

ian christopher and Doggiedogma like this.
  21. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Where Eagles Dare is definitely the highlight for me. Glad to see Hallowed back in the set. Flight of Icarus has been a while too

Doggiedogma and coffeetime like this.
  22. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Hardly - setlist is ok, lot of staples remain, I guess they can't escape some of these songs but still.

ian christopher and coffeetime like this.
  23. cdollaz

cdollaz Forum Resident

Meh. They brought a few back, but only Where Eagles Dare and Revelations excite me. The Wicker Man and Fear Of The Dark need to go away permanently.

24. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Maybe we can hope that the Setlist will be different when and if they play US shows.

Doggiedogma likes this.
  25. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

Setlist looks really good to me. Can't wait for them to make it back to the US. Superfan obvious complaints: only 1 true rarity - Icarus. Encore was predictable. Still, any show where you get Aces, Eagles, Revelations, Icarus, Clansman, Sign of the Cross & Greater Good is damn good. Nothing off Killers, Somewhere, No Prayer, DOD, Final Frontier & Book of Souls.