Iron Maiden - Legacy Of The Beast 2018/2019 tour*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Neonbeam, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary Thread Starter

On second thought: As much as I enjoyed it, I wish they gave old warhorses like "The Trooper" or "Fear Of The Dark" some rest and played more deep cuts from "Killers", "Somewhere In Time", "No Prayer For The Dying", "Dance Of The Dead" or "Final Frontier" all of which weren't represented in the setlist. It was great to hear "Clansman" and "Sign Of The Cross" though. But it's understood that a band like Maiden can't play everything.

2. Count Orfloff

Count Orfloff Forum Resident

Having just caught the band in Germany, i left the show with the clear impression that Maiden is getting dangerously close to being a Las Vegas act. Too much theatrics, too much useless costumes. Was very impressed though by Dickinson's performance, simply mindblowing for a guy this age.

Purple and Doggiedogma like this.
  3. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I'm disappointed not to be going to this tour. It sold out too quickly!

I'm more disappointed that so called fans who have been are moaning about it. The setlist looks great and I'm sure that Maiden gave their all as they always do.

Why do they play The Trooper, Iron Maiden and Fear of the Dark all the time? Because they're live favourites and are superb. Almost all big rock bands have a handful of songs they'll always play. Crowds want to see them. It's as simple as that.

Of course they're not going to drag out Alexander the Great. I love it, but it's naff! Very close to Spinal Tap - Stonehenge! The lyrics are terrible. Second to Quest for Fire for naff lyrics. The music is great but as far as Maiden epics go, it's far from the best.

They can't win with some fans (well they do, with the huge selling shows!). Iron Maiden still release and tour good and successful albums and fans moan, then tour the classics from the 80s for the long term fans, then they moan. If I was in Maiden I wouldn't think about people of that jaded and joyless mindset.

If I ever get to see Maiden again I'll be loving Iron Maiden, The Trooper, Fear of the Dark and Number of the Beast like almost everyone there. I've been a fan for around 35 years and aren't sick of them.

Anthrax, GonnaGetcha, Purple and 6 others like this.
  4. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Too much theatrics? Too many costumes? Since when have Iron Maiden with Bruce not had theatrics? They have at least since the World Slavery Tour. Too many useless costumes? Have you seen what they wore in the Somewhere On Tour era? They've always wore ridiculous clothes.

5. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

i think some folks just like to moan mate

6. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

Bruce Dickinson's net worth is 120 M$ or something.

I saw them on the first Helsinki gig. it was great. Before that I saw Bruce Dickinson on his solo tour in Tampere, Finland in 1998 or so with Adrian Smith on guitar. We were 150 in the crowd.

I give the tattooed millionaires (Iron Maiden) 10+ for the Helsinki show, even though they didn't play anything from Killers, which is my favorite Maiden album.

They didn't need the money from the gig to get through the next day though.

Purple, coffeetime and warewolf95 like this.
  7. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Maiden have had some pretty excellent setlists since the reunion, imo.

But I think this is their best setlist since the 2008 leg of Somewhere Back In Time. :)

8. mark winstanley

i was just looking and it is a great set list. It's kind of a shame they dropped all the book of souls stuff ... hopefully they'll release that damn download on a hard copy bluray .... stupid downloads

Anthrax and ian christopher like this.
  9. GoodKitty

GoodKitty Floyd

When is this pic from ?

10. Stephen Birkett

Stephen Birkett Forum Resident

Really. Its Rubbish, its a promo and no more. This has been done before but, different clothes on the same songs, the same with Guitars, words not mouth synching, guitarist playing chords when the solo is being played.

11. mark winstanley

I must have missed something. First section was saying that the new set list looks good ... after referencing the lack of book of souls songs, i was talking about the film of the book of souls tour and how i would like it to be released on a hard copy
    i guess i didn't make that clear.
    as for the band just miming ....?
    did i miss something?

12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I think it's from the Helsinki show on May 28 or 29. The shot was posted on their Facebook page on June 1.

GoodKitty likes this.
  13. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I'd like a book of souls live Blu Ray. If there was syncing issues with the streaming version, between streaming you tube or whatever and Blu tooth and WiFi ... Syncing issues happen a lot in that setting.

I watched flight 666 the other day and still enjoy it.

I hope they do some shows around here on this tour someday.

coffeetime likes this.
  14. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

What is ROIO?

Bruce sounds great on the Blaze era tracks - his voice has deepened just a smidgen since 2004, and he sounds great on them

Fantastic stage sets too - everyone here who enjoys live YouTube clips should check out Crusadercz's clips on YouTube - best quality by far.

Purple likes this.
  15. ian christopher

Understanding that Maiden doesn't want to go too deep into "songs we've NEVER played" territory, the absence of SIASL is somewhat glaring this time around. No SiT songs on this tour yet?

16. ian christopher

Futureal is a better rocker, but Clansman was just made for the stage/performance. Great sing-along and topical if more people start to get walled out (and walled in)

Purple likes this.
  17. ian christopher

Moonchild would be greater than The Evil That Men Do

The composition to Sign of the Cross is excellent - almost a symphony, one of Steve Harris' best songs ever.

My son loves the sing-alongs. This setlist is chock full of them. Will be sure to get a lawn seat though, so as not to harm his young (6 year old) hearing lol

Purple and warewolf95 like this.
  18. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

No rumours as of yet of a US tour.

19. ian christopher

I hope they can still fill arenas here.

U.S. tastes are abysmal these days.

Many bands don't tour here to the extent they used to.

20. steveharris

I`d like to see them one final time playing some old 80`s material.Last time I seen them live was on the Somewhere Back In Time Tour in Mansfield Mass and it was an awesome show.That was my last concert.
    I remember seeing them at the same venue when Brave New world came out.Maybe a third of the place was filled at best.

ian christopher likes this.
  21. ian christopher

globally, it seems that Maiden have only grown in popularity over the years.

How was the attendance during the BNW tour vs. the SBIT tour I wonder?

Purple likes this.
  22. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

I saw the Book of Souls tour in Oakland last summer and it was full. A friend of mine saw the same tour in Newark and reported the same.

23. steveharris

The other times I seen them the places were filled.The audiences were very loud too.

24. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

From the shows I saw on both tours, the venues were bigger on SBIT. Since Bruce & Adrian came back every show I've seen (11) have been near-capacity if not sellouts. On the BOS tour they played in many large arenas, show I saw in Denver was full. They're a huge draw here these days.

25. ian christopher

^^ this bodes well for our chances to get a LotB tour.

Can't wait to see it actually - my young son actually loves both SoTC and The Clansman, and he sings along with them all the time - will go for lawn seats and make sure he has earplugs though (didn't know that Maiden shows were so loud, having never been to one)

Purple likes this.