Iron Maiden: Live After Death & Wrathchild

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maidenpriest, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :) Thread Starter

Hello All,

I am looking at the setlists for Maiden at Hammersmith 1984 and 'Wrathchild' does not appear on any of them so was it recorded at Hammersmith in October 1984 or not, is the live version on Live After Death even from The World Slavery Tour ?
    What do you all think ??
    Cheers
    Phil

http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=iron+maiden+hammersmith+1984

2. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

I think with some searching you could find a more reliable source than setlist.fm

Wikipedia (yes, I know!) does have this note:

• On the 1984 European leg of the tour, as well as certain dates on the American leg (most notably the dates at Radio City Music Hall in New York City) an additional song was usually played between "Revelations" and "Flight of Icarus". The band would perform "Wrathchild", "Murders in the Rue Morgue", "Phantom of the Opera", "Children of the Damned" or "Die With Your Boots On".

3. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

ironmaidencommentary.com

Wrathchild could have only come from the October 8th show for which that site has no data. Interesting!

4. Maidenpriest

Yes it does, according to setlist.fm the 8th of October does not include Wrathchild, is there a bootleg to confirm if it was played and that site is wrong or did Maiden stick it on the record just to make the album more interesting and it was never played on those dates or the tour, could Wrathchild be from 1983?? Motorhead did similar with Iron Horse on No Sleep Till Hammersmith ???

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/1984/hammersmith-odeon-london-england-5bd26b60.html

1. Aces High
    2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
    3. The Trooper
    4. Revelations
    5. Children of the Damned
    6. Phantom of the Opera
    7. Flight of Icarus
    8. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
    9. Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)
    10. Powerslave
    11. Guitar Solo
    12. The Number of the Beast
    13. Hallowed Be Thy Name
    14. 22 Acacia Avenue
    15. Iron Maiden
    16. Run to the Hills
    17. Running Free
    18. Sanctuary

[​IMG]
    Your Options

5. Maidenpriest

6. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

As an odd example they played it in Denver on December 15 1984, a show where if memory serves they played a few extra songs because Twisted Sister didn't show up due to a blizzard. Just listening to Wrathchild on the Denver show and Bruce says Denver in the middle of the song!

BUT THEN...

After Wrathchild in Bruce says "we haven't played that number for, s**t, last time we played that song was at Hammersmith Odeon right, this last year. We were doing four songs there which incidentally is going to be up on a live album kicking around a Maiden live album sometime. I figure you're the only people in America to hear that song for three years."

The 'four songs' comment is odd! They did play Wrathchild for certain on September 17 1984 in Sheffield; I listened to in this morning, but that was before the Hammersmith shows.

Maidenpriest likes this.
  7. Maidenpriest

Cool, thanks for the info :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.