Iron Maiden new album, "Senjutsu" - release date September 3, 2021*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jeff Kent, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Pounce on that before they fix that price.

Jam757 and Purple like this.
  2. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

Many thanks - ordered a couple. Even witj shipping to UK its a bargain!

CBackley and Purple like this.
  3. Purple

Purple Forum Resident

Ordered. That's going to sell out fast.

CBackley likes this.
  4. Purple

Purple Forum Resident

Silver price is still up. Black vinyl is $49.

5. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Cheers mate.
    Greatly appreciate that. I wasn't going to get the record, but seventeen bucks... yea, why not

Jam757, CBackley and Purple like this.
  6. mark winstanley

Still 17 in US

Purple likes this.
  7. Purple

Purple Forum Resident

Bezos goes to space. We get $16.99 triple-record sets. Win-win.

8. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

$60 now :mad:

CBackley likes this.
  9. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

For anyone with Apple Music, the album art for Senjutsu is animated Senjutsu by Iron Maiden

Only simple animation as per the revolving dice of McCartney III; Eddie raising and lowering his arms/sword, album title wiping in and out of visibility. Nothing essential, but cute nonetheless.

obi likes this.
  10. backtomono

backtomono Forum Resident

Madness likes this.
  11. backtomono

Is the super deluxe available for pre order on amazon

12. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

13. backtomono

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  14. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Music.

Greenalishi likes this.
  15. obi

obi Forum Resident

I can make a list too! (and, it seems, write a lot of rambling comments for each album)

1. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son - Pure perfection from beginning to end. Top notch songwriting, production and performances from all involved.

2. Piece of Mind - Great despite "Quest for Fire". Stop dunking on "Sun and Steel", it's a good song.

3. Powerslave - Damn near perfect album. The top 3 albums here are all very, very good albums; maybe a shared first place was in order...?

4. Somewhere in Time - Underrated classic with lots of great songs and a welcome change in sound. I do think this is a sort of transitional album and they succeeded better with this style on the next album.

5. A Matter of Life and Death - By far the best of their later albums. I think "Different World" is kind of unremarkable but otherwise this is a really strong album.

6. The X Factor - After the uninspired Fear of the Dark this much darker and more coherent album took the band out of the rut they'd fallen into in the '90s. This album basically set the template that they have been following ever since: Song intros, longer songs, more proggy sections. This style has caused problems on later albums, but I think it works here. The production could be improved but on the other hand it sounds like no other Maiden album and I have grown attached to the dark, brooding sound over time :)

7. Iron Maiden - The impressive debut. As good as it is, the band developed so fast over the next couple of albums that, for me, this will never be my favourite. But it is an amazing debut and for many other bands this would be their best album.

8. The Number of the Beast - The most well known album and, I guess, most "classic" Maiden album. It's slightly overrated though. The classic songs are great but I think "Invaders", "22 Acacia Avenue" and "Gangland" are all filler and 3 filler songs on an 8 song album is too much no matter how great the remaining songs are.

9. No Prayer for the Dying - This is the album everybody hates but I think it's better than its reputation. The songs are tight and catchy and it's the last album where Steve shoved any restraints with regards to song length. Yay for 44 minute albums!

10. Killers - Another great Di'Anno fronted album. The production is better than the debut, but the songs are not quite as good. But still, a good album.

11. Brave New World - It's good, but overrated. "The Wicker Man" was a great single and there is good stuff all over the album but also a lot of the annoying later day Maiden tropes: The long sections of shouting the name of the song instead of writing a real chorus and too much drawn out repetition. Songs like "Ghost of the Navigator" and "Dream of Mirrors" would be much better if trimmed. "The Nomad" sounds too much like "To Tame a Land" but with outrageously bad lyrics.

12. Dance of Dead - There's half a good album here and "Death Magnetic"-style loudness aside, the good ones are really good. "Paschendale" is the very best of Maidens many war-themed songs.

13. Virtual XI - Less focussed songwriting than the previous Blaze-fronted album. "Futureal" and "The Clansman" are classics and "Lightning Strikes Twice", "When Two Worlds Collide" and "Como estais amigos" are cool deep cuts.

14. The Book of Souls - Yes, it's too long but for some reason I enjoy a lot of it anyway. Highlight are the Bruce penned "If Eternity Should Fail", the title track with cool doom metal riffs written by Janick and the epic'est of epics: "Empire of the Clouds".

15. The Final Frontier - Janick Gers. He gets a lot of criticism for his stage antics and I think his solos, especially live, can be a bit too sloppy, but his songwriting contributions are usually good. On TFF he has co-writing credits for the 2 best songs, "The Alchemist" and "The Talisman". "Coming Home" and "Isle of Avalon" are highlights too. The less said about Steve's album closing track, the better.

16. Fear of the Dark - 2 great songs, "Fear of the Dark" and "Afraid to Shoot Strangers", are not good enough for a Maiden album. No wonder those are the only songs they ever revisit. The production is also really bad. NPftD sounded like a trainwreck, but at least it had some character. This just sounds sterile and detached; the last thing you want an Iron Maiden to sound like.

Mind you, Iron Maiden is one of my all time favourite bands and I wouldn't want to be without any of these albums.
    Up the Irons !!!

16. obi

obi Forum Resident

I'm amazed how often mistakes like this happen with pre-orders on Amazon. You'd think they'd do something to make sure it doesn't happen so often...

Davidmk5 likes this.
  17. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

I had an email via Townsend Music in the U.K. ,.some good bundles ..the red vinyl and bigger CD casebound book was £66 with delivery ,.a bit better than Amazon UKs £61 for the silver vinyl ...

Simon_LDT likes this.
  18. obi

obi Forum Resident

I feel embarrassed for calling myself an Iron Maiden fan. "Dance of Death" obviously...

Curveboy and coffeetime like this.
  19. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I beg to differ :) I would give the s/t a 10.
    Love it to death. Just for strange world alone. That record is a force imo.
    Not a weak track for me love the production.

Scott222C, Anthrax, Metalrob and 2 others like this.
  20. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I preordered the silver vinyl and the CD book set. Used $40 in Amazon rewards so it came to just under $60. Damn sweet score for those that got that vinyl for $17.99!!!

21. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

I think I might get the red version from walmart..........I don't see the silver version on Amazon??
    EDIT: Never mind, its buried under the CD post

22. mark winstanley

Ahhh I wouldn't sweat it. I'm sure everyone knew what you meant.... and everyone misfires sometimes :righton:

obi and coffeetime like this.
  23. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

24. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

25. sillycornelius

sillycornelius Forum Resident

Dang and I was refreshing that page last night and this morning. Stepped away for a few hours and missed it.

Purple, Davidmk5 and CBackley like this.