Iron Maiden "Nights Of The Dead, Legacy Of The Beast: Live In Mexico City" Live album 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Kiss73, Oct 1, 2020.

1. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

This is almost exactly the same setlist as when I saw them in Houston/The Woodlands. Looks like the same songs, with the order of Number and Iron Maiden flipped. Of course, my show was just a week prior. So this would make for a good memory of that great show!

GoodKitty likes this.
  2. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

I wish they’d done a Maiden England 2013-14 video release too, rather than only re-release the 88 show.

3. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

4. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

[​IMG]
    Just got my copy of the deluxe book version and started listening.
    The limited coloured vinyl-set will be here later as it’s sent from the official shop.

danielbravo, Davidmk5, Galley and 3 others like this.
  5. samantas5855

samantas5855 Forum Resident

How does it sound

6. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I think it sounds actually good (on my system) which surprised me pleasantly. Im in middle of the first cd at the moment.
    I was prepared based on the 2 songs (AH and SOTC) shared in advance on streaming services, but this has been so far pretty good.
    Anyways, Im hoping that the vinyl version will be different sounding and have that own special feeling present.

johnny q and Goldy like this.
  7. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Also holding out for Maiden Japan..... :shrug:

8. samantas5855

Well the two samples we had weren't really breathtaking in terms of mixing, performance and mastering. How does Bruce sound? Did Newton do the mastering? Can you hear the guitars? Post DR if you wish too ^-^

9. samantas5855

All songs seem to be at DR7 except for Revelations which is DR8 and RTTH which is DR6 (Churchill's Speech is 11 if it counts)

10. Stiftel

Stiftel Member

For my taste, the guitars are too buried in the mix and drums are a bit too loud. This is surprising, because the guitar sounds are excellent here.

11. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

I thought he sounded real good. Better than some recordings from previous decade.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  12. SOTO

SOTO Well-Known Member

13. rockin_since_58

rockin_since_58 Forum Resident

To me he sounds like he is straining to hit the notes but I do really enjoy the whole album.

14. hutchguv

hutchguv Rock/Metal/Prog/Pop

I love Maiden but I’ve just listened to this and erm...... I won’t be listening again. It really pains to be saying bad things about bands I love, but Bruce’s vocals on Where Eagles Dare, one of my favourite Maiden tracks made me feel the same way I felt when I listened the Van Halen Tokyo Dome album.

At the gig it probably sounds amazing and Where Eagles Dare is probably the worst he sounds on the album, so I’m really sorry if me saying that upsets anyone.

He actually sounds the best on The Clansman, maybe the lower range is better for him now?

15. Blueshirt

Blueshirt Forum Resident

Yeah, I think Bruce's vocals are a bit strained on some of the songs but he's 62 and can still sing them better than me, so it is what it is! :D

16. JamesLord

JamesLord Forum Resident

Hate to be a downer but I thought both the mix and vocals were decidedly average. Add me to the list that would love Maiden Japan instead of these releases....

Sean, Score17 and PopularChuck like this.
  17. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Dear Bruce,

1. You're a hero for still singing those songs in their original keys.

2. Be kinder to that vinyl set, for fox sake! :laugh:

3. Looking forward to the next tour/album/tour/etc.

4. Where's your new solo album, dammit?

Take care,

A.

serj likes this.
  18. PopularChuck

PopularChuck Senior Member

this...

Bingo Bongo and Score17 like this.
  19. samantas5855

It's not that Bruce is strained because he's 62 or something, the 2018 leg was excellent

coffeetime and mark renard like this.
  20. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I received my 3-lp colored vinyl today , I love it !! It's live Warts & all , mix on the 1st 3 tunes is a bit rough , after that i really enjoy this set a lot , good heavy Vinyl , just a weird bit of noise last 10 seconds on all 3 lps , like a static bar , but the rest all sound great !! Glad they have some one other than shirley Mixing & the Vinyl was mastered by Chris bellman ..............
    I see a lot of complaint son this bit i just listened to the whole thing & really enjoyed it :righton:

Sean and MikeInFla like this.
  21. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Yup. Saw them in the summer of '18 and Bruce did blow me away. I came out of that show amazed at how neither being 60 nor battling cancer was bringing him down. He nailed The Trooper and other old stuff like that, and overall he sang better than when I saw him on the Book Of Souls tour two years prior. Epic performance.

Bruce fkin Dickinson.

22. Stephen Birkett

Stephen Birkett Forum Resident

I was fancying this one. Love a bit of Live Maiden.

I'm not sure Kevin Shirley can be held responsible for previous mastering's / mixings. His work with Joe Bonamassa is generally very good. Latest album Royal Tea sounds great to me. I think Steve Harris may be getting too involved.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  23. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Black Country Communion? Awful sound.

For sure Steve Harris is to blame too. I don't think there's a single thing Iron Maiden does that isn't approved by Steve. And I'll blame him too for the lack of new Maiden dvd/blurays. Come on, Steve... Stick a live concert bluray with every new album as a limited-deluxe edition. Other bands can do it, why not you?

24. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident Thread Starter

So I ordered various bits including the deluxe CD book set direct from Iron Maidens store. Simply the worst packaging ever - makes Amazon seem like professionals. Its like someone has just grabbed the items off a self and thrown them in a plastic bag. How any of it hasn't come damaged in any shape or form is purely down to luck.

I'm so over buying music - its stopped being fun now that it is a monopoly if your goods will arrive okay - and the percentages of damaged goods I have received this year suggest its not favourable odds.

25. Stephen Birkett

Stephen Birkett Forum Resident

Is there not a good Record shop up there in Scotland?
    Ever passing through Newcastle I can recommend Reflex Records.