Is Popmarket still good to buy from?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Turnaround, Jul 2, 2019.

1. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

It did. I bought a copy at my local store. Unfortunately it has some audible scratches but it wasn’t in stock anywhere for more than a week or so. Guess I won’t be replacing it for a few months...

2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Alternative backup for Deepdiscount.com

3. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Time to put the brakes on ordering from Popmarket, and I'm getting expecially annoyed with the text message sales pitches on my cell phone, how do I stop this?

4. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Any active discount codes?

5. Oaktown4n6

Oaktown4n6 New Member

My latest experience was bad. 9-27-20 I preordered the Tron vinyl that was scheduled for release in October. I never heard a word from popmarket, so after 5 months I followed up with customer service and the company says they don't have it so the order is now canceled!?! Save your time and money shop elsewhere.

samwisefan likes this.
  6. ET3311

ET3311 Careful with that axe, Roy.

Pre-Ordered Zakk Sabbath's Vertigo in September, it was released in October. When I finally received it in the beginning of January, the postal service had bent it horribly.

I sent it back as a return and Popmarket told me that they would send another copy when it was back in stock.

You think I'm better off just trying to cancel the order? It was only $22 so I don't feel totally burned if nothing comes of it.

7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

If you don’t want the record or can just go buy it elsewhere, then sure. I would cancel. That’s a hell of a long time to wait for something you have pre-ordered!

8. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Yep, their other nameplate at ImportCDs stole $100 from me that way, so I've never bought anything else from them.

samwisefan likes this.
  9. Tjazz

Paypal has a very STRONG conflict resolution online system. You click the transaction that didn't deliver and if the seller doesn't respond very quickly, Paypal refunds the funds. Seems a lot faster than than contacting Popmarket or Deepdiscount directly.

10. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

This. I always make it a point to pay via PayPal for this exact reason. Some folks say not to, but I’d MUCH rather have the protection.

samwisefan likes this.
  11. Tjazz

In fact, when Deepdiscount wasn't refunding the sales tax, there were several cases I disputed and spelled out the amount of missing sales tax that should be refunded. Deepdiscount didn't always respond, so the entire amount of the order was refunded. I contacted Paypal and told them this was incorrect, but Paypal didn't modify the refund amount.

zphage, GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  12. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

10/15% off again.

GentleSenator likes this.
  13. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Sure, that works if you pay close attention to your transactions, but I'd be willing to bet that a lot of customers don't go back a month or two in their purchase history to check for a refund, and just assume it was issued in good faith.

It simply isn't the customer's responsibility. The fact that PopMarket isn't being held accountable for it by PayPal OR Discogs is discouraging - more people should be filing claims instead of contacting PopMarket directly.

If they're keeping even a small percentage of customer's refunds, they're still making a lot of money by essentially ripping off their customers.

ET3311 likes this.
  14. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Any Popmarket discount codes up?

15. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

I just posted this question on the Popmarket special deals thread. Anyone have a current discount code for Popmarket?

16. RickRathbone

RickRathbone Member

They just put the Let it Be LP box set up for 129!!!
    Sounds waaaayyyyy too good to be true.

aoxomoxoa and drivingfrog like this.
  17. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

How well does Pop Market package their box sets? I'm wary of DD and a few others that just stuff boxes into mailers.

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they're the same company as DD so your experience will likely be the same.

Mooserfan and mrjinks like this.
  19. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

I order two box sets and both were damaged.

20. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I went ahead and ordered the let it be vinyl Box and got it with 10% off for about a 125 bucks.
    Couldn't resist that deal

joelee likes this.
  21. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I purchased a couple of 12” and a 7” from them about a year or so ago, and the packaging on one of the 12” and the 7” were damaged due to poor packing (two different orders. I kinda shy away from them now.

I discovered an artist today and found the CD on the pop.market Discogs website for $19 shipped. A bit of digging found the same CD on the label’s website shipped via Burning Shed for $22.46 shipped. Burning Shed has always provided good packaging and swift dispatch to the US so I went with them—even if it was $3.50 more.

22. Trace

Trace Senior Member

I just ordered this thru their Discogs store for $44 + shipping and it's supposed to arrive by the end of the week.

[​IMG]

I thought that was a decent price for a 3-LP set.

superstar19 and George Blair like this.
  23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i sincerely hope you receive what you ordered!

24. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

And in good shape. Please share with us when you receive it, Trace!

25. Trace

Trace Senior Member

I'm expecting at least a dinged corner or two. We'll see!