Is Popmarket still good to buy from?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Turnaround, Jul 2, 2019.

1. rjp

rjp Senior Member

popmarket used to be the only place to get kevin gilbert material.

2. harikamboji

harikamboji Forum Resident

I received a couple new albums from them a couple days ago. Shipped right away, well packaged, couldn't be happier.

reapers and hutlock like this.
  3. Trace

Trace Senior Member

This arrived yesterday and just one small ding on the lower left corner. Otherwise I received what I ordered and it arrived just fine!

GentleSenator and Kristofa like this.
  4. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I seem to ding the corner of stuff just by looking at it. I am glad this is a positive for Popmarket ordering!

5. TwiceFan

TwiceFan Forum Resident

They do not accept buyer inquiries through Discogs. At least this was true the last time I tried to send them a message.

Also, I ordered what was supposed to be a Music On Vinyl release and it turned out to be the standard Sony/Legacy issue. I stay away.

GentleSenator likes this.
  6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

also why i do not order from them on discogs. they notoriously list their items incorrectly.

SJP and TwiceFan like this.
  7. BertDert

BertDert Zapple scruff

15% off in-stock items through Tuesday 3/21 with code SPRING15

8. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Buggyhair likes this.
  9. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

It definitely is. Pop Market's sister company, Deep Discount, has it for $44.47 plus $7.99 shipping for a total of $51.46 (plus sales tax, of course). Their main ebay store for their organization, get_importcds, had this set for about $40 with free shipping for the past few days, and they have sold over 1,000 sets in that time. Yes, that much. But I see that now they have increased the price to $99.99, so maybe Deep Discount and Pop Market will increase their prices accordingly very soon.

10. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

And they were also selling it through WalMart for under $40 with free shipping until earlier today. The lowest there is now $115. Buy now, but no guarantees you won’t get cancelled.

Biittner Hair Flyin' likes this.
  11. ggergm

Popmarket's price is with free shipping, at least in the CONUS. My price, with tax, was $57.98.

It was first posted today. We'll see how long it lasts. It's up for now.

12. ggergm

I've got to ask. Did anybody post about these lowball Let It Be box prices from Walmart and ImportCDs while they lasted?

13. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

I had checked the price for the Let It Be vinyl box set on Walmart (Deep Discount as the seller), and the price remained high every time I looked. But from what ATMP said above, Deep Discount finally reduced the price, perhaps sometime yesterday.

ggergm and ATMP like this.
  14. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Yup. Mainly in the Deep Discount thread though.

ggergm and black sheriff like this.
  15. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

I think it was as early as Wednesday night which is when I was struggling not to buy a second copy just because. I was successful in fighting the urge. (But I still kind of regret it).

16. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

17. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Just scored Toy Matinee from Get CD Imports EBay Store, $13.50+tax. Color me happy

18. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Yes they did, over at the Deep Discount thread (score one because of it)

19. ggergm

Unfortunately, some of us missed the memo. See deleted thread...uummmm...

Whatever works. Buying the Let It Be LP box at half the price or less from what it's been is a plain, good idea.

GentleSenator likes this.
  20. ggergm

mur likes this.
  21. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

The Beatles - Let It Be (5LP) - Vinyl
    Robot or human?
    Cheapest. But it has been erratic - up and down.

22. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Deep Discount, Pop Market and in this case Wal-Mart are all selling from the same stock from Alliance Entertainment, the world’s biggest wholesaler of music and stuff. They own DD, PM and Import CDs among others, and the Wal-Mart stock is fulfilled through Deep Discount.

So even though the prices vary by a few bucks on each site, this is all coming from the same giant pile of Beatles boxes at Alliance. This also means that if it shows sold out on one of those sites, chances are extremely likely that it is also sold out at the other two because again—it is all coming from the same place.

The LIB box is showing sold out on DD and PM. The price has gone back up to $119 at Wal-Mart and is no longer being shown as “fulfilled by Deep Discount” and so you can very safely assume that all the clearance priced LIB boxes have now been sold.

23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I got my LIB box for $39.20 all in.

Deep Discount via Walmart.

hutlock likes this.
  24. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Wal Mart - $38.84 here, diff in sales tax rate. This one's for me
    Get Imports CDs-E-bay Store - $34.49. That 20% off helped. For my son's birfday

hutlock and Myke like this.
  25. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yeah that is usually the cheapest place by a few bucks, plus they offer totally free shipping and DD will charge $3.99 if the item is “heavy” or whatever (so like a big heavy vinyl set for example). There will sometimes be items that show up on DD and don’t make it to Wal-Mart, but it usually pays to take an extra 5 min to check.

Myke likes this.