Is this a real Line Magnetic Amplifier

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by plimpington2, Nov 27, 2022.

1. plimpington2

plimpington2 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Folks,

There are some amplifiers on ebay that proport to be Line Magnetic. But, honestly, they don't look like what LM has on their (European) website or what I see in my local shop. But I wonder if they have new designs out, and I'm just behind.

Here's the link to the ebay listing:

Line Magnetic LM-608IA 22W+22W Integrated Amplifier Vacuum Tube Amplifier pe66 | eBay

Hopefully, linking this here does not violate some rule.

2. jusbe

jusbe Modern Melomaniac

Probably best to ask Line Magnetic? That said, we can probably both guess their reply...

3. AP1

AP1 Forum Resident

Looks like legit product present on their web site: LM-608IA 合并式功率放大器

[​IMG]

4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

There is no such thing as a fake LM amp, period.

CarmineRed and fireflames like this.
  5. fireflames

fireflames Forum Resident

True (we were talking about this one another thread, a lot of dealers are dropping LM because of this, ore more so because lies were spread about the whole thing), but here the situation is quite different: they are nowhere sold outside of China (never seen them on a US of EU vendor). Strange, they look like the new line, and for one I quite like the look. It does remind me a bit of the Willsenton line, which, unless I am mistaken, pretty much comes from the same factory. I have a lm34 amp, they are great, but Willsenton seem to be selling better now, at least the el34/kt88 models... I would love however to hear the LM sister company from Foshan, they seem to do WE clones.