ISOTEK - Full System Enhancer CD

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by thomaskong, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomaskong

thomaskong Forum Resident Thread Starter

IsoTek - Full System Enhancer CD (Version 2) | Shop Music Direct

I had tried several system cleaning CDs to have some modest effect.

But this one from Isotek give jaws dropping effect of cleaning soundstage with reducing hiss noise.

It is worth every penny.

MusicDirect offer 60 days of satisfaction guarantee.

I recommend other member to try this inexpensive tweak.

gjuro76 likes this.
  2. jeffmackwood

jeffmackwood Forum Resident

Yet another example of how our education system(s) have obviously failed!

A 60 day satisfaction guarantee is no substitute for critical thinking skills.

Jeff

3. thomaskong

You need to be open minded to get a good sound out of your system.

The following comment is from someone else.

I like this disc. It does very well at breaking in gear that requires a signal to pass thru it.

Playing this disc does "refresh" my system to its potential.
    One caveat; I think the system must have good synergy and be revealing enough to appreciate the benefit of the enhancer track on the CD.

gjuro76 and LeeS like this.
  4. TarnishedEars

TarnishedEars Forum Resident

This product is going to be as pretty hard sell; even amongst the subjectivists. FWIW: I first noticed the burn-in effect over 30 years ago. And I know from experience that this effect can be quite noticeable on some equipment when it is brand new. But to have something re-burn-in a system seems awfully far fetched to me...

However, despite my skepticism, I have an open enough mind that I might still be willing to give such a product a try, even though the re-burn-in claims sound pretty outlandish to me.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    tmtomh and thomaskong like this.
  5. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

Being a skeptic, I think it's more likely that the listener's ears are what's being refreshed.

Not that that might not be a good idea.

Ever have a time when everything just seems to sound lifeless? I have, and it's always me.

6. Anton D

Anton D Forum Resident

Hmmmm,

I'm thinking I could use this disc...

Could I play this disc 100 times and change a 'not revealing enough' system into a 'revealing enough' system?

Or, if my system was already revealing, what would happen if I played the disc 100 times?

Did you find an upper limit?

Maybe on a true hyper-revealing high end system, you could hear improvement every time you played the disc?

Another question: if it refreshed your system to its potential, when had it fallen off its peak performance and had you noticed the decline?

What if my system is already fresh and revealing? If I didn't hear a difference, it might be because my system is already fresh and revealing, but you would think my system wasn't fresh or revealing if I said it didn't do anything.

Perhaps people who don't hear the difference actually have fresh and revealing systems and it's not that their systems don't have good synergy or aren't "revealing enough."

It gets complicated!

Thanks for the post, it raises a lot to hash out.

Christophe999s, timind and keiron99 like this.
  7. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

Jaw dropping soundstage

8. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I just read the Music Direct listing for this product. Call me a skeptic but it seems like total BS. Especially the underlined text below. A classic use of "audiophile" lingo IMO. Also could someone please explain to me what needs to be "demagnetized" in a CD player. They're not marketing a product for a tape player but a digital player. Wow :sigh:! What was it that P. T. Barnum said :D...

This disc transforms the performance of any system; a haze will be lifted and you’ll hear deeper into every recording. This disc is also an excellent choice for anyone with a new component that needs to be broken in, as it can save over 50% of the break-in time.

The IsoTek Full System Enhancer not only burns-in and demagnetizes, it rejuvenates your audio system allowing it to function at its optimum level.

9. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

It also rejuvenates, which is pretty cool.

Optimize likes this.
  10. Josquin des Prez

Josquin des Prez I have spoken!

I'm certain this product is snake oil for the very simple reason that it's $35 and not $3500. Jeez, get with the program.

Bill Mac likes this.
  11. Anton D

Anton D Forum Resident

See? It gets tough.

Does it mean he used to have jaw dropping soundstage and then it went away, to be brought back by this disc?

So, if he had it, then lost, why didn't he notice?

Is this disc 'refreshing,' or is it 'enhancing?'

12. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

For those that bought this CD might end up eventually posting in this thread ;).

Rukiki likes this.
  13. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

"All of the signals in the new Iso-Tek disc have been produced according to strict mathematical criteria so as to place the greatest stress on the important parts of a system, without endangering any part of it."
    When it comes to mathematical criteria on a music CD, the stricter the better, but which parts of my system are important, and which parts are unimportant?

14. Gibsonian

Gibsonian Forum Resident

Audio heads been buying strange items with little real value for many moons, this will continue.

15. Markym

Markym Forum Resident

I have the original Isotek disc (also have the similar-premised Densen deMagic one, for my sins.....:rolleyes:). If it does anything, it's subtle imo and there are just as likely psychological factors at play. I like to keep an open mind about these things but if you buy it make sure you have a return option....

Nowadays, I am a lot more cautious about "tweaks".

Evaluated through Benchmark DAC2HGC/Sennheiser HDVA-600/balanced HD800 headphones which should give it a fair chance to prove its worth.

NB Isotek (a UK company) produce some very nice mains conditioning/regenerating power equipment. Well reviewed by magazines in the UK but again, one of those thorny audio subjects....

thomaskong likes this.
  16. thomaskong

Your statement makes a lot of sense.

All the tweaks are system dependent.

Thus it is necessary to check return condition.

But in my case, I use it every week or like that.

I am happy with it so far.

17. 360-12

360-12 Forum Resident

Similar to the Ayre IBE (Irrational But Effective) disc I use weekly. Can't hurt!

IBE Disc | Ayre

thomaskong likes this.
  18. thomaskong

It would be interesting to compare those two CDs.

Once my system got cleaned by Isotek, I am not sure Ayre will make further improvement or not.

19. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

The worst thing about this CD is that it perpetuates the misconception that skepticism = "not having an open mind." There's a difference between being open to plausible possibilities on the one hand, and buying into manifest nonsense on the other.

20. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I agree with your thoughts. I consider myself to be a person with an open mind in life and with audio. Is there is any objective or scientific data that would support the claims of this CD?

If the ISOTEK Full System Enhancer CD did what it claimed to do for $35 it would be a game changer that everyone would be buying. I don't think that's the case.

Blank Frank, Optimize and tmtomh like this.
  21. Hipper

Hipper Forum Resident

As soon as I read 'jaw dropping' I'm dubious. I've never heard anything jaw dropping. The best improvements I've heard come from positioning, room treatment, and careful EQ and I highly recommend all those things if you can apply them.

Tweaks like this, at least the Densen deMagic which I have used, or anti vibration feet etc., or power conditioners/regenerators, can make small to tiny improvements that could still be worthwhile but can never be described as 'jaw dropping, 'night and day', black and white' etc.. In my experience of course.

vwestlife, timind, Francois and 2 others like this.
  22. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Agree 100%. Small changes still can be noticeable, and therefore significant to one's listening enjoyment, even if they are not jaw-dropping. And EQ, room treatments and equipment isolation/anti-vibration treatments all have proven, easily measurable effects (anti-vibration less inevitably so with digital sources, but certainly with turntables and speakers, for example).

But with the exception of, say, breaking in brand-new speakers by playing material with good bass to exercise the woofers, there's zero evidence that playing certain tones or sounds through an audio system has any impact on how the system performs moving forward.

23. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Have you thought of switching-out downers for uppers? :agree:

TarnishedEars likes this.
  24. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

:crazy: I've tried the Densen and with my system the beneficial effect is obvious, regardless of the fact the idea behind it reads like nonsense

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.