It was a GOOD shopping day today...!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joel Cairo, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff Thread Starter

Well, I missed out on one of Sckott's discs 'cause I went out this afternoon, but it's OK... 'cause I found myself in one of those rare situations where you actually have to fight to stay within your disposable income budget...

Boy, did I find vinyl today!!

I was out of town, and stopped into a quaint little second-hand store that I saw along the way, just to see if there was anything of interest there... fortunately for me, this was the day that they bought a bunch of records from a guy who was stationed in Germany from about 1970-1975, and brought his record collection back with him, but NOT his stereo, so he hadn't used the albums in decades, and finally decide to just get rid of them to save space in his house...

I **love** guys like that!! :D

So, I got a -2 UK copy of "Revolver", a -1 German copy of "Elton John" on Hansa, and a -5 UK copy of "Aftermath" on Decca. All in stereo. Nothing in that ethereal "Mint" condition, mind you, but all a strong VG+ condition, at least... the guy took nice care of his LPs. I respect that.

Then 30 years later, he sold them.... and I **really** respect that!!

So it's been nice listening today for **me** , but in the spirit of Forum brotherhood, I'd really like to spread the joy, as it were, so over in the "Classifieds" section, you'll (soon) find an ad for the **rest** of the stuff I got from the shop, all in similar condition to my pieces, if not better.

Those of you who like nice vintage vinyl may want to take a look!

I just couldn't resist mentioning these... Steve is right-- CDs are great, but there's **no** substitute for a good vinyl pressing... this "Revolver" kills-- and its not even a first pressing!!
    -Kevin

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Wonderful find. Congrats. Hey, you did not "starve to death" this week in music finds... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.