Its time for the Black Friday 2013 RSD thread..........

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimod99, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EasterEverywhere

EasterEverywhere Forum Resident

And that is why I choose to buy on Amazon.

2. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Knock yourself out and thanks for letting us know. Personally, I've always hated the traditional Black Friday rush. What RSD means to me is something completely different . . . I enjoy socializing with other music lovers in line, and finding items on my want list. This isn't the same as people surging through a Walmart entrance and beating each other up. Like I said above, it feels like a holiday to me . . . but I fully understand why that won't work for all people. For instance, for a lot of people RSD Black Friday is going to be in areas where it's just too damn cold to line up. Fortunately, I live in Phoenix. :D

3. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Darn, I'm on holiday (in the US) when this gets released. Now I need to figure out how to get hold of this. And though I'm staying with a friend, I don't think I can pre-order this one anymore as he has already ordered one for himself.
    So, what would be a good record store in the Sausalito/San Francisco area to get this from? Which one won't be overrun and will get it in stock?

4. Spyder

Spyder Official vinyl solicitor and connoisseur.

Any store with a "P" to the left of their name on this page should be able to help you.
    http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues?state=&venue=&zipcode=94102

(feel free to search other zip codes or towns)

Bull Moose likes this.
  5. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

Any MFSL release known yet?

6. Spyder

They do not have any Black Friday-related release

7. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

Where's the "dislike" button?

8. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Just curious if their are indeed 2 different Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds Live lps? It's seems strange and may be a error but I wanted to check.

Also, does anyone know the difference between this In Utereo release and the one just released this year? Is this one just the 2 45 rpm w/o the 33 rpm included?

9. atl1

atl1 Forum Resident

i think it's the 2013 mix included with the cd reissue on vinyl

10. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

You may want to skip both of them and grab the one that Bernie Grundmann did for ORG Music in 2009...it's still available on their website and it great.

jimhb likes this.
  11. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Yeah I have that one (it's amazing) and not sure I wanted to double dip.

12. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Hmmm...I know there was an analog vinyl release with the 2-45s and a 33 for like $60 and I thought this might be that sans the 33. I know Albini went back to master tapes here to cut it AAA to vinyl at Abbey Road.

13. mesaboogie

mesaboogie Forum Resident

the 2x45 w/33 is the original mix with the extra lp for a mix of various bsides, a few remixed bsides and the original all apologies / heart shaped box. the one for RSD is the 2x45 2013 mix of the album.

14. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Thanks for the RSD is the Albini mix as well right?

15. mesaboogie

If you mean the Original heart shaped box and all apologies mixes, those two are just on the 33 included with the normal version that came out...the 2x45 1x33. The RSD is a total remix from 2013 by Albini and not the Albini mix of old that people reference....as that was only those two tracks that got remixed before it came out originally, and included on the 33.

16. Amoeba on haight street will be packed but it's huge and would have more copies. There is a small store in mill valley not far from Sausalito. Forgot the name

17. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll look into them. :)

18. Either way you must visit amoeba. On Haight right near golden gate park

JeffMo likes this.
  19. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Absolutely. Don't leave that area without visiting Amoeba.

20. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

I think this kind of clears things up a bit. The 2013 45/33 lps are remastered but the 45 is the original mix of the original release with the 33 including the old Albini mixes (not included on the original release) of HSB and AA plus bsides. The RSD is a totally different and new remix by Albini. Maybe I have this right now?

I guess if I already have the ORG remastered lp that this RSD addition one would make a better addition.

I appreciate your help and hopefully I understand it correctly.

21. mesaboogie

you are correct, except the ORG is great until you AB it with the 45s and the new one kills its....however unbelievable as that might sound. It is a better mastering IMO. more open highs and more thump. it just sounds bigger.

22. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident

Yes, I just started reading the In Utero thread. I really to like the ORG but seeing how it's 48 mins on one lp I can see how the improvement would be there. This reminds me of my dream of seeing Rage Against the Machine S/T as 2 x 45 remastered even though the original is amazing.

So now I have to determine if I want the 2013 45/33 release or the black friday release or both? That's crazy...

23. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

So where's the official list on the RSD website? It was supposed to be up the week of Oct. 22.

24. I have some quibbles with the selection, but this and the Nirvana In Utero 2013 set are about the only things I'm interested in this year.

25. Spyder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.