iTunes going away?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by crookedbill, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crookedbill

crookedbill Forum Resident Thread Starter

So there's a credible rumor "iTunes" is being broken up into separate apps for different functions. . .

Apple May Be Planning to Break Up iTunes With New Music and Podcast Apps for Mac

Anybody else use iTunes as their primary digital organization and listening resource, and are worried Apple might soon do away with iTunes as a file organization and listening resource altogether? There seems to be a lot of support in those comments for getting rid of iTunes altogether, and I'm sure Apple's listening.

I don't buy downloads or stream from iTunes, but I do rip CD albums w/ dbpoweramp to 16bit/44.1 AIFF for archiving then make 320kbps mp3 copies to drop into iTunes for listening via laptop/iphone through headphones or home stereo.

I've been making playlists in iTunes and listening to my library this way since about 2004. It's easy and convenient. Not sure what I'd do if Apple did away with iTunes. Opinions, or alternative software to check out before it's too late?

2. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

And some people got rid all there cds and records silly me I have all mine still...

Dave likes this.
  3. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I suspect there will be a “Music” app with all of iTunes’ core functionality, without the movie and TV libraries, etc.

SamS likes this.
  4. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

One of the biggest complaints for years about iTunes is how bloated it is when they continued to add features. I can't help but feel them making separate apps for the different features is better than continually trying to cram things into the already bloated program. I only use iTunes on my MacBook where I listen to my ALAC files other than that I don't use any of the other parts of iTunes anymore.

Instant Dharma likes this.
  5. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

It may happen. Look for changes with upcoming IOS.

6. jasn

jasn Forum Resident

It's all about managing my fairly large music library using Smart Playlist's to me. With good tagging I'm still mashing genius playlists too. Are there any other alternatives?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.