I've Finally Done It...My Top 100 Albums Of All Time

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Synthfreek, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussievinyl

aussievinyl Appreciator Of Creative Expression

Thanks for posting your list. As I'm getting more interested in electronic and ambient music, I will have a look into those titles to begin with. I've been listening to IN A SILENT WAY quite a bit myself lately, after deciding to look into the early 70's music of Miles Davis.

CybrKhatru and Synthfreek like this.
  2. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity Thread Starter

Synthfreek’s 50 Awesome Synth Songs Thread

BluesOvertookMe and aussievinyl like this.
  3. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

Oddly enough only 4 of my top 10 LPs from my younger days remain in my top 10 now that I have reached 65+ yrs of age....

So its more than a possibility that the OPs taste will inherently change throughout his life as well

maui jim likes this.
  4. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity Thread Starter

I’m nearly 50. It ain’t gonna change much.

bhazen and wrappedinsky like this.
  5. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Surprised by this. Most folks I know never leave that small corridor of music from their “glory days”. That’s why classic rock radio format is so successful in every market. The exceptions are the blockbuster albums like Adele’s 21 or Eric’s Unplugged. Then they think they are hip to modern world. Why do you think your tastes broke out of this mold.

wrappedinsky likes this.
  6. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

I found the hard part was 90-100. How do I figure out which albums make it at the end and which do not?

wrappedinsky likes this.
  7. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

It depends on what “younger days” means. I’m 55 so even mid 40’s could be considered younger days.

With that being said, if I made a list when I was 18-20, it would be over 50% rock, if I made it today, probably 10-15%.

mianfei and Fender Relic like this.
  8. StevenC

StevenC SUEDE > Both Oasis AND Blur.

Is there a site that actually works that is closest to Topsters?

9. mianfei

mianfei Forum Resident

I actually have only twelve of these albums, and have only two in my own chart (which needs updating) on Best Ever AlbumsLoveless and Philosophy of the World.

Synthfreek likes this.
  10. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

I don’t know. I’m 60 and my tastes have broadened considerably over the past 10 to 15 years. It’s so easy to check out music that I wouldn’t take a chance on when I had to buy it to hear it.

keyse1 and danasgoodstuff like this.
  11. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

:yikes:

12. phantasmagoria

phantasmagoria Lost Child

I used to love lists when I was younger. My other half used to laugh at me when I’d say that a song was my 15th favourite of all time. She'd ask me "how can you be so specific?", but it was easy then. It just was. I'm not sure I still have it in me now - there are too many variables and grey areas in life to make decisions which you have to stand by. Maybe I've just lost my courage, and my certainty.

I still have an inkling of what my top 3 or 4 may be. Of anything - movies, books, albums. I usually keep it to myself these days though.

But if there's one thing that time has taught me that I'm sure of, it's that my favourite song of all-time is Comfortably Numb (or maybe New Orleans by the Silver Jews) and my favourite album is OK Computer. Beyond that, I really can't commit...

I always absolutely love reading other people's lists though. It's like spilling your heart out onto the page... and anyone who has Rage For Order, Oriental Beat, Twin Peaks and The Queen Is Dead in the same list is one of my own.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    notesofachord and Synthfreek like this.
  13. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

What a great list

I own 40 of them

and

have never heard of 44 of them

Synthfreek likes this.
  14. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Interesting you choose Midnite Dynamite by Kix! All Kix is great to me but I lean towards the first album or Hot Wire myself. Killer lists all around!:righton:

Synthfreek likes this.
  15. acemachine26

acemachine26 Forum Resident

Great list. While I've been a fan of Donuts and Endtroducing for years, I only recently discovered Since I Left You. Wow, what an album. Already ordered the deluxe edition, can't wait!!

Leugi and Synthfreek like this.
  16. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

I've come to the conclusion that ... there are just toooooo many LPs/albums. You can never get or have all the albums you desire, want, or need.

LPs are definitely an addiction, but it's a good addiction! But it's an addiction that I've cold-turkeyed on.

BUT... I'd like to get 50 more LPs... but I'm just really darn near done buying any M- LPs, & even M- CDs (which I'm just overwhelmed in). I just really don't want to buy 'anything' anymore. It's just "more stuff". Guess I'm just getting old.

20 more LPs would be good. I'll make a list!! :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    keyse1 likes this.
  17. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

Solid list!!

18. rockerreds

rockerreds Senior Member

Nice pick: Axis: Bold As Love

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.