J. J. Abrams HBO Westworld series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by soundboy, Aug 30, 2013.

1. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Yeah I liked 1 a lot as well.

2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Can you say....synergy......
    HBO owns both shows.....
    They did one with "GOT", too!

3. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

I hate watched season 2, here's hoping for a MUCH better season 3.

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And her's a teaser for the next season (due early next year)...

The best visual effect is Aaron Paul's rug. ;) I'm looking forward to the show -- this definitely looks like a major change in direction for the show, and now we're seeing a lot more of the "real world" in which Westworld takes place.

will_b_free, GreenDrazi and Paul Mazz like this.
  5. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Jeez, unrecognizable. Why did they need to put Aaron Paul front and center like that?

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm guessing because he's being paid a lot of money as a new co-star in the actors' ensemble in the series, and his character will be of key importance in Season 3. Bear in mind that Anthony Hopkins ain't around (at least not in the flesh).

7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I was watching that teaser before Game of Thrones, thinking HBO was hitting us with a new sci-fi series, then the title popped up. Surprised the hell out of me!

GodShifter likes this.
  8. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Looks like more whiny "resistance" hogwash in a wannabe Blade Runner fashion ...... no thanks ..... S01 was good, but S02 was total trash.

9. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I think it looks promising, 2020 seems like quite a wait though so I'll have to find something else to focus on until then.

Lonson likes this.
  10. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

S3 needs better writing and must be easier to follow. I'm guessing that a lot of people zooned out last season and I don't think they're coming back.
    I had to rewatch a couple of episodes and read on the interwebs to understand what was happening. Not good.
    Make or break

GentleSenator likes this.
  11. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I hope they don't spend to much time in the "real world". If so, I'm not that interested anymore

12. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Someone convince me to watch S2. I got through one episode and quit. It was confusing and, worst of all, really boring.

Shawn likes this.
  13. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I can't convince to watch it, and I certainly can't convince you to like it. What I can tell you is that if you are going to watch it, pay very, very, VERY close attention. No distractions whatsoever. I know that many around here weren't fond of the second season, but I loved it, even more than season 1.

GreenDrazi, wayneklein, jpelg and 4 others like this.
  14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I’m going to give it a go. Several friends have recommended it. I have to try.

Encuentro likes this.
  15. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

BGLeduc, GodShifter and GentleSenator like this.
  16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

same can be said for some of game of thrones. a lot to pay attention to, especially if one was not a book reader.

i didn't hate season 2 of westworld save for the completely pointless foray into "shogun world" which seemed designed purely so HBO could market the show bizarrely.

Encuentro likes this.
  17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I think this will be a "real world" season. . . especially as so much was destroyed by fire fo the sets to the first two seasons.

Kiko1974 and rontoon like this.
  18. Were they destroyed on purpose or was it an accident?

19. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

20. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

What started out as a decent premise in season one was a train wreck of a disaster in season 2.

Don't watch it. I did. And I regret it.

You know how sometimes there are shows that you don't really know what's going on... but you like it anyways (like the Leftovers)... yeah, this season wasn't one of those shows

They aren't good friends. And they secretly want horrific things to happen to you.

You'll dream longingly for the good ole days of the last episodes of GoT after stepping in...I mean watching this sh!t

21. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

I gave up trying to understand everything and just barreled thru hopefully getting enough of the gist of it.... didn't completely hate it but a lot of it was flawed, the promo looks interesting....strange we don't see any of the old cast...do we?

22. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I think that’s Dolores we see there at the end.

rontoon likes this.
  23. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

yep, totally missed it....ok im in, if they could keep it to two or three timelines this time it would be nice

Encuentro likes this.
  24. Phil Thien

Phil Thien Forum Resident

So season 3 is hunting-down the escaped cast members?

25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

wow man. your energy here makes me want to drink!

;)

Chris from Chicago and rontoon like this.