DCC Archive J Tull and the reprinted DCC catalogue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Oct 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

Steve, will Tull's Original Masters and Aqualung be reprinted? I'd guess DCC has been negotiating with ... ummm someone out there!... so you may have an answer for us.

I suspect the answer may be "No" as the remasters from Abbey Road should be coming out soon. If this is the case, I'd guess DCC eBay prices will skyrocket for these titles, so I'd better snag copies now... as well as the missing unremastered Tull CDs for my collection!

Thanks!

2. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

One DCC title that will most likely not be reprinted is Waylon Jennings's "Dreaming My Dreams" as this is an aluminum disc which Buddha will reissue on October 23. "Ol' Waylon" has now been deleted on DCC so Buddha will most likely remaster this title next so even if you country fans do not have the DCC versions, it will probably be no loss unless you wish to have every pressing of an album that exists.

3. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I think DCC still has the rights (3 years) to the Tull titles...

Todd

4. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I think DCC's Aqualung came out in '97 or '98 so it would be right on the bubble. Also, I don't think they'd do anything to agitate the artist so I think they'd definately ask very nicely as opposed to taking the initiative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.