Jackass DVD

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jamie Tate, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member Thread Starter

Hey guys, I bought the Jackass movie on DVD. Funny stuff. If you're planning on getting this too may I give you a suggestion of buying the widescreen version. I ALWAYS get the widescreen versions of movies but as I knew this one was done on mini DV cameras I thought the fullscreen was the way to go. WRONG!!! They shot it in anamorphic (you can see a camera's viewfinder that clearly says 'widescreen' in a couple deleted scenes) I brought home the fullscreen and noticed the video resolution was poor. Well, they had to zoom in to fill the screen. Widescreen is the only way to go with this flick.

Just tryin' to help out a few buds.

2. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

Jamie- You bought that movie? To think you could have spent it on Marx brothers stuff or cheetos or something. I refuse to give those guys my money. However, if I am over at a friends and they have a copy, I may watch it with them or borrow it. I just cant give these guys my money though. Gotta draw the line somewhere. Now Girls Gone Wild, that's different...

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Jackass had it's funny scenes. The fact that a couple of them swallowed some pretty gross stuff was something I just coulnd't watch too long. I'll spare ya.

But I did like the scenes where they dressed up in latex makeup to look like old, old folks and run down LA roads with huge inclines acting and LOOKING like they're 95 years old with broken wheelchairs rolling down the hill scaring everyone...

4. Jamie Tate

Well, I don't have a drug habit and I've given up hookers (;)) so a boy's gotta waste his money somehow.

Girl's Gone Wild, eh? I think Vol. 7 has an old girlfriend of mine. Haven't seen it myself though. Did you happen to see a slightly drunk girl screaming "whoooooo!" and flashing a set of C cups? That's probably her. What I like to do is watch those tapes backwards so it looks like the girls have learned their lessons.

5. reechie

reechie Senior Member

If only there were some actual Marx Brothers product out there to buy! :sigh:

6. stever

stever Senior Member

"Jackass" had some real belly laughs in it. The only real scene that made me cringe was the paper cuts.

7. Jamie Tate

I just bought A Night In Casablanca on DVD. It's PAL but my Mac will play it and I bought a cheapo DVD player that will play it also. I think all the videos are out of print now too. Seems this DVD is the only thing still being sold.

8. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Yeah, in region one, there's basically just "The Unknown Marx Brothers' documentary and then the next closest thing on DVD is Groucho's "Copacabana" and the "You Bet Your Life" collection.

Hopefully Universal & Warner Brothers will revisit their catalog soon.

Regards,

9. Jamie Tate

... which is very worth watching. Great You Bet Your Life Outtakes.

10. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

Jamie- I almost fell on the floor and hurt myself laughing at that. I just watch it on slow so it looks like the girls are ...uh... holding their shirts up longer... yaaa

11. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

That scene with the "Wasabi Snooters" had me literally crying with laughter. Rock on, Steve-o! :laugh:

12. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

For me, the highlight of the film was seeing Steve-O's tattoo on his back. It takes a real commitment to being a professional idiot, or a genuine lack of brain cells to do something that colosally stupid!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.