JBL L82 hi-fi speakers.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by swintonlion, Aug 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swintonlion

swintonlion Forum Resident Thread Starter

Has anyone heard the newly released JBL L82 speakers? First reviews seem positive, would like to hear first hand anybody who has heard them.

2. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

I haven’t, but I assume they’re awesome.

enfield likes this.
  3. swintonlion

The reviewer Dave Huff who to be honest i dont know much about him gave them a glowing review,and purchased a pair.

4. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

I think you mean Steve Huff. As you say, he was very impressed.

Cheers

swintonlion likes this.
  5. Sbcrue

Sbcrue Well-Known Member

Upscale Audio (Southern CA) also has a Youtube review of them. Like you, I'm very interested in hearing them. Having a hard time finding an actual store/shop that has them to listen to (or has them period) anywhere around where I live. (FL. near Tampa). They are potentially my next speaker upgrade. Steve Huff did give them a glowing review but I take it with a grain of salt. Not because of him but he did have them hooked up to a $25,000 tube amplifier. My iphone would probably sound good with it, lol.

insoc123 likes this.
  6. Fruff76

I have the L100 Classics hooked up to a 30 year old Adcom that I paid $500 for and I’d put this system up against anything. I doubt the $25,000 amp has anything to do with it.

russk and Sugar Man like this.
  7. Sugar Man

Sugar Man Forum Resident

I'd call the guys at Upscale. They are straight shooters and know their ****. These are a no-brainer speaker even without hearing. They will rock.

Sbcrue and Fruff76 like this.
  8. Sbcrue

Sbcrue Well-Known Member

Trust me - I'm about ready to buy them having not even heard them! The 25K amp was more or less a joke. I'd love to hear those L100's! My space is just to small I think to warrant the L100's...but I wish it wasn't.

Fruff76 likes this.
  9. Fruff76

I placed my order for the L100’s before they even had a release date. Never heard the originals and spent the previous 25 years thinking the boutique “hi end” brands were the way to go. I quickly realized I wasted 25 years I’ll never get back because these things are flat out awesome. Trust me, you’ll be blown away!

Sugar Man likes this.
  10. swintonlion

Keep use informed how you get on with them,the next question will how they compare with the L100s, the L82s are only a two way design but bigger does not equate to better every time.

11. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

12. Gibsonian

Gibsonian Forum Resident

Alright4now and SunSon like this.
  13. russk

russk Forum Resident

I think they’re great speakers but I do think the need a fair amount of power. My listening and the opinions of others, and the gear they used for auditioning, lead me to believe they need some serious juice to open up. But I will say with a Yamaha a-s2100 they absolutely kick ass, full, tight, dynamic, and detailed from top to bottom. Just a touch on the warm side compared to my Cornwalls and the Heresy 4. The crazy thing is the bass they put out sounds deeper and more tuneful than my Cornwalls 15 inch woofer. In fact pretty sure my next speakers will be either the L82 or Heresy 4, depending on what my new room looks like, and I’ve been listening to everything from Audio Physics to Spendor. With a stint spent on a pair of Dynaudio actives. Of course if my room is big enough I’ll have to squeeze the L100 onto the at home audition list.

Pali Gap and Fruff76 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.