JBL Monitors Help With ID'ing

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by peaceunderearth, Mar 16, 2023.

1. peaceunderearth

peaceunderearth Member Thread Starter

enchanterspop likes this.
  2. harby

harby Forum Resident

JBL Apollo S51 ~1970 3-way. Same driver complement as Sovereign II for the year, but oiled walnut and that wrapped-around grille.

JBL Apollo specifications

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    Sneaky Pete likes this.
  3. peaceunderearth

peaceunderearth Member Thread Starter

Thanks a bunch! I think I'll take the cabinets to our furniture refinishing people and maybe have the crossovers re-capped. It looks like the surrounds on the woofers are the folded paper so I'm hoping they're still OK.

4. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

I don’t know how they have been treated, or where stored, but those surrounds age pretty well. If they are gone you might need a complete reconing.

kt66brooklyn likes this.
  5. BMWCCA

BMWCCA Forum Resident

The woofer is the D130 and the tweeter is the venerable 075. Normally, seeing the N1200, that would indicate being paired with the LE175DLH midrange but the plastic lens on these may indicate a larger driver. You might want to pull one of the mids just to see what you've got, or look through the back via the crossover openings. It's sort of a surprising load for that cabinet in that the D130, while one of my favorite speakers having had one in my home for now over 65-years, is VERY short on bass output. While maybe perfect for cello, it won't offer much impact with modern music. I doubt you'll see much improvement in recapping the crossovers, especially once you go inside one and see how they're built!!

Here's inside the N1200 (the N7000, if that's the other one you have, is even simpler):
    [​IMG]

Sneaky Pete likes this.