Jeff Beck 'official' Bootlegs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mike Dow, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music Thread Starter

Just received this email. I didn't plan on spending any more money on music this month but how could I NOT get this? It's Jeff Beck!

JEFF BECK FANS --

On September 10th and 11th, 2003 Rock'N'Roll guitar icon Jeff Beck made a stop in New York City for two intimate and rare shows at B.B. King Blues Club. Jeff was joined on stage with long time collaborators and touring mates drummer Terry Bozzio and keyboard player Tony Hymas. The audience included legendary guitarist Les Paul, David Letterman Show music director Paul Schaffer, tennis champion John McEnroe and members of rock band Living Colour.

Epic Records commemorates this special event with an online only CD release that features music from Jeff Beck's most recent album Jeff, "Freeway Jam" from Jeff's classic Blow By Blow, Jazz great Charles Mingus' song "Goodbye Pork Pie," and a cover of the Beatles "A Day In The Life" with an audience member strumming the final note on Jeff's guitar to name a few.

Beck ends the September 11th show with a tribute to 9/11 wearing a New York City firefighters jacket from a victim of the 2001 attack who was a big Jeff Beck fan.

Sample the music, check out the tracklisting, and order your copy of
    Jeff Beck Live at BB King Blues Club - only available at
    www.jeffbeckbootlegs.com

2. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Very very cool. Thanks for the link
    Best-
    Norm

3. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

I can tell you that I have heard music from both of these nights, and it's really hot! Getting Jeff in a small club setting is a real rarity.

4. Norbert Becker

Norbert Becker Senior Member

Just might be the best guitarist alive?

5. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up. Got my order in. Maybe they will release some early classic JB live.

6. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

Thanks Mike...Just put my order in. :righton:

7. texquad

texquad Senior Member

Just ordered it-thanks for the tip!
    My fav is "Where were you"

8. Thanks for the link, Mike.....:righton: :righton:

Got my order in......Hopefully I don't have to wait too long..........:D

9. Mike Dow

You're welcome guys! I didn't think I would be alone in ordering this one.
    Jeff is one of my favorites not only for the classic stuff that he's done but also for the fact that he constantly comes up with unique approaches to the guitar that few have attempted or could even dream of. I'm really looking forward to this disc. Let's hope it's the first of many "official" Jeff Beck bootlegs!

10. Nad 214

Nad 214 Forum Resident

Thanks Mike one of my all time favs. Blew me away when i saw him in march 2001. Putting in my order for xmas.

thanks

11. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

I have been meaning to post this. I received my CD on Saturday. I was amazed since I ordered only last Thursday. Anyway an incredible performance. What a really enjoyed is that although there is a touch of his techo style at least his guitar remains dominant though out the whole show. A much more enjoyable album then most of his since 1980.
    Highly recommended.

12. Mike Dow

My disc showed up on Wednesday. My only beef: no jewel case. The disc is in a cardboard sleeve (albeit a professionally manufactured sleeve with "Jeff Beck Live" emblazoned over the logo for BB King's Blue Club).
    The performance is quite amazing! Although I prefer Jeff's earlier style to the techno experiments of the last few years, the few total techno tunes on here are really impressive. Hard to believe that's just one guitar and one guy playing it! It's safe to say, there is no one quite like him. Highly recommended for Jeff fans! :)

13. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

It's hard to believe that he's gets that sound sound with a Strat. It almost has the same sound like the early Jeff Beck Group when he played LP's. I only wish that they would release the JBG BBC sessions or something from the 68/69 live US tour. Even the best boots out there have terrible sound. I find it amazing that Sony/Epic has stayed with him all these years. My guess is that with each Techo release his sales have kept dropping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.