Jefferson Starship

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Edge_88, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edge_88

Edge_88 New Member Thread Starter

Is Jefferson Starship DCC good?

2. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

Don't forget the Surrealistic LP. Although I don't own either. :(

3. TimB

TimB Pop, Rock and Blues for me!

The gold disc of Starship is great!

While I have both, the JS Red Octopus, and the JA Surrealistic Pillow, I have yet to break the seal on the LP. The Red Octopus is much better than the regular cd, although, I will admit the original RCA (GRUNT) is not all that bad. It has good bass, the stero repro is fairly good. Now, with that in mind, remeber that Steve's version is about as good as you can currently get! Bass even better, and the tone overall is great!;)

4. Claus

Claus Senior Member

excellent...

5. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Although Red Octopus charted well for Starship and gave them a big hit in "Miracles", I much prefer "Dragonfly" for musical content. And neither of these compare to "Blows Against the Empire" which would be an unreal treat to hear on DCC Gold. I applaud Steve for going to the trouble to do "Red Octopus", and I do love it as I'm a big fan of Airplane and early Starship. But in my opinion, it's not in the same class as the other two.

And of course there's "Baron von Tollbooth and the Chrome Nun" which is fabulous also, and much better than "Red Octopus". Would have loved that on DCC.

Regards,
    Metralla

6. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Edge, let's haunt the Bay area used stores looking for these titles. I remember Blows Against and it was really good!

7. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Does anyone know how the 2001 imported (spain?) Surrealistic Pillow CD sounds (the one with the bonus tracks not the mono/stereo domestic version)? I'd love to get it for the bonus tracks, which I hear are Jorma heavy.

8. ferric

ferric Iron Dino In Memoriam

Kayaker,

How's the whitewater in Brooklyn?

FM

9. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

Didn't you just answer your own question? :confused:

10. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Maybe he bought it between 11pm on Saturday night and 5pm on Sunday afternoon. I'm confused.

Regards,
    Metralla

11. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

:(
    as you know, we got a serious drought over here - its not going to be a good season. praying for rain.
    if i only knew how to surf kayak, coney island would be great.
    thanks for asking FM

12. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I just ordered Red Octopus from musicforasong.com for only $9.99 plus shipping. As far as I know, this is the only internet site where you can still buy DCC gold at affordable prices. Any one know of any other sources for these discs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.