JEOPARDY! 2022

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, Jan 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

My female partner also greatly prefers Jennings, and like me, finds Mayim slightly annoying and lower energy. Hey, you asked.

Spitfire likes this.
  2. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

I'm surprised I guessed the right answer tonight. Who knew Stevie Nicks has been inducted twice? Learn something new every day.

3. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

I had it down to Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner or one of the Wilson sisters of Heart (wasn't sure whether either Wilson had done a solo)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  4. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

My guess was Diana Ross.

beccabear67 and Paul J like this.
  5. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

I thought about that but I doubt they would have described The Supremes as a "rock" band. I considered Janis Joplin but had never heard of Big Brother & The Holding Company being in the hall of fame. I finally guessed Stevie Nicks

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Yep thought Stevie Nicks right away when I realized the rock group was Fleetwood Mac.

7. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Well, The Supremes are in the RRHOF, so they are/were considered 'rock' enough to be inducted.

beccabear67 likes this.
  8. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

My first thought was Carole King, but then realized her first induction was not as part of a band. Then I narrowed it down to Stevie Nicks.

9. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

10. mbd40

mbd40 Steely Dan Fan

My first thought was Stevie Nicks but then I thought it might be Tina Turner or Diana Ross.

11. MikaelaArsenault

12. MikaelaArsenault

13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Correction: you guessed the right question! :shh: ;)

What was the answer in this instance?

14. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  15. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

I find it quite interesting that comics/comedic actors routinely do quite well on these types of shows. One year, the Celebrity Jeopardy! final was the aforementioned Corsican Brother Cheech plus SNL's Jane Curtin and This Is Spinal Tap's Michael McKean.

My money's on Patton Oswalt.

Manapua likes this.
  16. brucewayneofgotham

brucewayneofgotham Forum Resident

MekkaGodzilla likes this.
  17. poppys

poppys Senior Member

Why do so many here call men - "men" - and women "females"? Stop it.

Ahem, as a woman long time watcher, I do not like Mayim Bialik. She is not a Jeopardy host, she plays pseudo intellectual celebrity roles on TV, including commercials. Ken Jennings is a much better host, and knows the show. But I think it's bigger than that. Now that Alex is gone, they are running it more like a franchise with different options. Personally, I would like one host, period. I liked having a captain of the ship. Alex had more power in the show than either of these two, they probably don't want that anymore.

18. mbd40

mbd40 Steely Dan Fan

But Mayim is not a pseudointellectual if that is what you're implying, she's a real neuroscientist. Both her and Ken are extremely intelligent. I'm sure she'll improve as a host over time as she gains more experience.

19. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Mayim is too "The View" for me, or whatever other chatty morning-daytime type talk show you want to name. I don't watch those shows... men or women involved. If I had to pick someone that has that kind of approach as a host maybe Whoopie Goldberg? Ken is lower key, not finding things to laugh over so much, which suits me, but it still comes down to if the questions keep going in the garbage pop-culture type direction... it feels like rewarding contestants that listen to a lot of current music product and watch loads of tv/streaming. I thought this was a show with bragging rights for being wide-ranging in one's knowledge? A few actual hit artists/actors/titles from current media is fine but when they are predicating knowledge of some subscription streaming service series among many such pay services, or junky 'reality' shows on specialty channels I may never have even looked at for more than a few seconds if that...

Yeah, officially a grumpy oldster, but Jeopardy is practically the only current show I will still follow when it first airs (meaning including commercials) year after year. If the hosts do have input into the clues I find the questions during Mayim's shows the worse, and half the time nobody 'answers' those kind either. They are really getting obscure too trying to include authors of color as well as teen-kids authors of series. I often think, why would an adult know some of these things, can't the teen tournament be enough of an outlet for clues related to the Simpsons, Twilight, hot new junior rapper or tweeny boy band? If I thought they overdid the sports teams clues I'd mention it but so far it's rarely felt as overbearing. College themed ones though should be more academic! As much as I might get most of the rock music questions, but I don't feel particularly 'smart' because of it (although I do still miss R&R Jeopardy), I like when I get a literature or science answer, or getting it wrong learn something worthwhile. So grrr, don't dumb Jeopardy down!

DISKOJOE, poppys and Shambolicus like this.
  20. Oatsdad

Trying again:

21. poppys

poppys Senior Member

Stevie Nicks

22. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

What is Stevie Nicks?
    - Matt A :angel:

23. Oatsdad

I think "Jeopardy" vernacular has tripped us up.

I assume you're saying
    "Who is Stevie Nicks?"
    was what contestants had to reply.

I want to know the "answer" that was on the board - ie, to which they replied.

24. Oatsdad

Don't make me fly to Honolulu and hit you! :laugh:

MichaelH and Manapua like this.
  25. poppys

poppys Senior Member

Did you miss the above?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.