Jeopardy! 2023

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pizza, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Yes, I noticed his looking down to the left almost every time he answered, too.

Paul J likes this.
  2. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Celebrity Jeopardy is back tonight for the final qualifying round - Michael Cera, Brianne Howey and Zoe Chao. Had no idea who the two women are and had to look them up. Not sure if the show had problems getting high-profile celebs or was just aiming for younger demos.

3. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Well, you're wish came true-Two day champ Lloyd is outta there.

Keith V likes this.
  4. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Good. Now hopefully some variety of champs for awhile.

5. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I'm sure it's the latter. At my age, I often come across news items about celebs and have no idea who they are.

GLENN likes this.
  6. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I only could watch for a minutes and then had to turn the channel. The show was terrible and the contestants and hostess came across very badly.

7. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Agreed. I dislike the "celebrity" versions of these shows. The contestants are all trying their best to get face time on the camera, mugging and making wise cracks, and the game itself is just a reason to be on camera. Also the celebrities are geared to a younger generation than I, so I often don't recognize them as anything special. To me they just look like typical contestants who are acting up all the time.

I also wasn't fond of that Lloyd Sy guy. His under-the-breath way of naming the next clue was annoying, often undercutting host Ken Jennings replies. I didn't like his shifty-eyed look either. It made him instantly unlikeable to me. I was rooting for his demise and happily watched him fall off the cliff.

Spaghettiows, Strummergas and Keith V like this.
  8. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Celebrity Jeopardy
    /səˈleb.rə.t̬i ˈdʒepərdi/ (compound noun)
    The questions are too easy and the “celebrities” are insipid.

Pizza, mr. steak and Strummergas like this.
  9. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Last night's Celebrity edition was pathetic. The questions were mostly easier than what could be found on Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader and all three celebs proved they weren't. Chao kept missing Chinese related questions and Howey was just clueless. Champ Cera will be clobbered in the final rounds.

Keith V likes this.
  10. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

I don't disagree with some of what you say, but celebrities aren't on Jeopardy because they are smart (although some are) and passed the same rigorous testing/vetting that normal contestants pass. They are there because they are well known (to most people, not old folks like us) and expected to entertain, and that shouldn't be a surprise. Also, they are playing for charity, aren't they? Anyway, I'm like you and really don't like the celebrity version, so I just don't watch it.

11. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I used to like celebrity Jeopardy when Cheech Marin, Michael McKean or Carol Burnette were celebrities. Yes, I old now. :cry:

DISKOJOE and GLENN like this.
  12. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

Ha. Yeah. When we found their entertainment funny.

beccabear67 likes this.
  13. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Friday's show was easily one of the worst in quite a while with all three in the red from the get-go and after 7 or 8 questions, only one correct answer. The failed answers in that pop music category hurt my soul.

MekkaGodzilla and Billy Infinity like this.
  14. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

We had Celebrity Jeopardy on too and said to each other, where did they find these people? They didn’t know anything except Micheal Cera who looked like an All-Star next to those two.

15. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Well, to be fair, that first round had ZERO Harry Potter OR Pokémon categories/questions.

Keith V, Manapua and beccabear67 like this.
  16. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I wonder if it's technically possible to have no winner/everyone in the red after the 'double' Jeopardy part? Would be like an SNL skit.

17. jonathan

jonathan Senior Member

Is it just me, or does Connor Sears look a lot like Patrick Bateman?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

I was actually thinking one of tonight's contestants looks like him but with a goatee.

JohnG and Paul J like this.
  19. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Haven't had enough of Amy Schneider, Matt Amodio, Sam Buttrey, Mattea Roach, Andrew He and James Holzhauer? Well then, has ABC got a show for you! Jeopardy Masters will feature all 6 competing for the title, air date yet to be determined. Ken Jennings who won the GOAT title a few years ago will host, so I'm guessing his former win means he has the title in perpetuity.

20. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

This excites me.

Manapua and Peter_R like this.
  21. JohnG

Me too, said to my wife wow that guy is just like Christian Bale!

aorecords likes this.
  22. JohnG

Wow! :righton:

Manapua likes this.
  23. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

I would love a game of all six going head to head to head to head to head to head.

aorecords and Manapua like this.
  24. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Anyone care to make early predictions? I gotta go with Holzhauer. They all have the smarts, so buzzer maintenance and DD wagers will factor in heavily and we all know his all-in philosophy.

Veggie Boy and Billy Infinity like this.
  25. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

NO Ryan Long = NO SALE! :realmad: #rideshare

aorecords likes this.