Jeopardy! 2023

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pizza, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

There are several missing in my opinion. TV Line says they are the current six top ranking champs but so far, nothing about why it stops at that number. I guess we'll get that info in time.

2. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

I'm with James.

Veggie Boy likes this.
  3. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

In more Jeopardy news, the show just got renewed for 5 more years.

aorecords and Peter_R like this.
  4. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

Tonight was a good one.

5. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Spoiled Alert!!!!!!

Not sure if the two hands on the buzzer will become a focus point, but I like this guy.

His response on the first Double Jeopardy question was hysterical, who would know that?

6. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

The wording on the FJ clue threw me for a second but there really was only one answer.

7. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

They do like to milk the super champions. It will be good I guess. Hopefully as good as the latest tournament of champions.

8. poppys

poppys Senior Member

Shifty-eyed look, really? He's a college kid who did well, and a gracious loser. I loved him. Tough crowd.

Rockford man says 3-day Jeopardy! experience exceeded 'wildest expectations' (msn.com)

[​IMG]
    Rockford resident and Jeopardy contestant Lloyd Sy, center, with his parents, Esther and Larry Sy.© Photo provided by Esther Sy.

Sy called his appearance on the show "surreal." "I couldn't believe that I made it to the show, and then once I got there, I couldn't believe that I won a game and then a second game," he said. "And honestly, I was not at all disappointed with losing because it already went way past my wildest expectations. And Patrick (Curran), the guy who beat me, was a great competitor."

...Sy, who watched the taped Jeopardy! episodes with friends and family while home for winter break, is earning his doctorate in English Literature at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville.

9. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Anyone catch the shade Ken threw at Connor at the end of Double Jeopardy when he complimented the other two for their great game? He then walked it back by opining how, "through no fault of his own", the other players beat him to the buzzer.

10. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

More Jeopardy news. Beginning next season, tournaments will occur at the start of the season to avoid interrupting the flow of regular games.

poppys likes this.
  11. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I get the feeling this guy (Yogesh?) is going to be winning for quite a while.

Billy Infinity and aorecords like this.
  12. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Great game on Thursday, one of the best in a long time, particularly the round before the first break where each player got a chance to dominate. The most notable thing being all 61 clues were answered correctly!

Meanwhile, Celebrity Jeopardy may have reached a new low with the game basically being a Patton Oswald showcase whereas the other two languished in the red until nearly the third round.

13. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

Really love watching the current champion.
    Very wide range of knowledge.

Yesterday's game was very exciting.
    I hope his streak will last long enough to get to a tournament level.

Billy Infinity likes this.
  14. mrjinks

The guy in the middle was really sharp, but when he made a wimpy daily double bet in double jeopardy, I knew he was going to be toast.

15. Yeah, those other two were pretty useless. I think Oswald even refrained from answering a few easy questions towards the end to give them a chance to save face and even that didn't help.

MikaelaArsenault and aorecords like this.
  16. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

I can't believe how Patton dominated. Almost seemed like he was embarrassed how well he did and how poorly the other two did.

17. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

18. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I figure he was really embarrassed for them.

aorecords and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  19. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I said to my wife Patton needs to lay off the buzzer and see if those two know anything. At least they did get a few points.

MikaelaArsenault and aorecords like this.
  20. mrjinks

Thrilled to be wrong about this.
    Yogesh was, obviously, very bright, but I found him arrogant and am glad to see him gone before five victories.

Couldnt believe today when his story about meeting the Jeopardy champ that inspired him, turned into a story about how much SHE admired HIM. :rolleyes:

21. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Thank you Jinks for posting this as it is exactly what I was about to post.

mrjinks likes this.
  22. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Same here, too.

JohnK

23. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Monday night's winner played a solid game-I'm glad she won.

24. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Well, Monday night's winner was only a one day champ, so I'll have to find someone new to root for (not Tuesday's winner though).

25. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Thursday is supposed to have another trivia star.