Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Jeopardy - Post Alex Trebek Era

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veltri, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

There was a time that I enjoyed Jane's sarcasm, as I use sarcasm myself way too often and I know that I have sadly offended a few friends who "just don't get my tone" and they sadly take it upon themselves to take it personally. I can't change their feelings, but I have had other friends come to my defense in a few of those cases, who usually say "ah, you know Chris, he's just Chris". No better compliment in life, in my opinion than having good friends saying to accept me for who and what I am.

Regarding Jane Lynch, I just fear that she can't completely turn her sarcasm off at this point? It has almost become her entire personality for the past five or so years. I truly worry that even IF she can turn that off, that she won't eventually attack a contestant who offers an incorrect answer (question)? Alex always seemed to be with the contestants, especially if they were really smart and a little more risky with their money. In my head I can hear Jane doing a Ren & Stimpy "you iddddddddiot!" response and it makes me cringe. Give her a week or two to prove me wrong, as at this point what does the show have to lose, right? My opinion still stands by Ken Jennings at this point, although I feel that Katie did a decent job and I always find her a pleasant personality on my TV. Mike Richards was also decent but something just rubbed me the wrong way about him hosting, plus he also runs "Wheel", as well as "Jeopardy" so I'm not sure that his moving from that chair to hosting is a win-win or not? "Wheel" is clearly running on automatic and watching Pat always fooling around with his appearance drives me crazy! Watch Pat closely and see if I'm making that up, as he is constantly re-arranging his jacket or cuff links, especially after he gives the wheel it's "final spin". No real talent needed to host "Wheel", you just need to be a little quick witted and always ready with a somewhat silly thing to say. I honestly feel slightly bad for whomever finally gets the "Jeopardy" host job, as Alex was so damn great in that role (and out of it, as such a positive fighter of his own life) and it will be him who they will almost always be graded and critiqued by.

2. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

All I know is that every night last week, and over the weekend, on the local news, they did some sort of story, or showed interview clips with Aaron Rodgers in regard to his Jeopardy hosting gig... I am certain it will continue this week as well...

3. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I read an interview where AR apologized for spoiling his Jeopardy gig before the show announced it, saying he "couldn't contain his excitement". So that's where it went!

Chris C, bartels76 and Grand_Ennui like this.
  4. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I'll have to be honest and say that AR was pretty good tonight with his somewhat clever comments, but he is still far too LOW energy to be the full-time host, but he would make a good choice to fill-in from time to time.

5. JohnO

JohnO Forum Resident

If they want to do a real stunt, give Sajak a week. He hosted for one episode once before as a stunting switch with Alex who hosted Wheel that one episode.
    If nothing else it could wake Sajak up a little for his real job.

(They tape a whole week in one, or two, days.)

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  6. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

I thought Anderson Cooper felt very natural as guest host. There was one literal misstep - during the closing credits he started to approach the contestants to chat, then stepped back to a safe, social distance.

7. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Anderson has already been a game show host - if you consider The Mole to be one - and he 's had a talk show where he got to hone his conversational skills so I'm not surprised he came off both comfortable and professional. And of course, there's the giggle.

8. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I remember when Pat hosted - a total pro.

Anderson Cooper is dull but competent.

9. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

I hate his suit.

These skinny suits, that one button, minutes away from being a projectile.

Why?

10. Grand_Ennui

It took less than five minutes to see that Anderson Cooper was a far better guest host than a certain quarterback.

Chris C and Atmospheric like this.
  11. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

Anderson Cooper for the win. But fat chance of it happening.

12. Grand_Ennui

If that would ever be, I wonder if he'd have to give up his CNN gig?

13. Atmospheric

That’s the rub. Logistics. I doubt he’d give up the CNN gig. Or 60 Minutes.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  14. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

If they shoot a week's worth of shows in one day, I don't see how that would impact Cooper's schedule that much. I mean, he did a daily talk show for a couple of years, his CNN gig and appeared on 60 minutes all at the same time. His son could factor into how much extra work he'd be willing to take on at this time. Money, too. I will say, one glaring difference between Coop and Rogers is AC seems genuinely happy to be there. Rogers seemed slightly embarrassed.

Atmospheric likes this.
  15. Atmospheric

That’s still 52 days of shooting per year. Hey, I’d love to see him work it out. I just wouldn’t bet on it happening.

16. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Oh, I agree. I seriously doubt anyone we've seen is gonna be the new host with the exception of Jennings or maybe Richards who seems to have transitioned to an off-camera career. That won't happen until next fall anyways.

17. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

No he's pretty dull, too.
    Rodgers loved the show and said he'd want to be host (in reference to the he seemed embarrassed to be there post)
    Give it to Richards he did the best job , Jennings was adequate.

18. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Anderson is pretty smooth, as expected. Best part is my 82 year old mother pining for Aaron Rodgers now. 'Where's that hunky guy?' Everyone loooooves the quarterback. :uhhuh:

19. kevywevy

kevywevy Forum Resident

I heard a radio interview with Mayim Bialik the other day. She had just finished taping her two weeks and said she had a blast and would love to be the permanent host if they offered it to her.

Bern and Atmospheric like this.
  20. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

21. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

Looking forward to Robin Roberts. I bet she’ll be great. I think George Stephanopoulos is a solid choice, too.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  22. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

What, no Tiger King?

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  23. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

:laugh:

24. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Del Rio Dan

Joe Buck?! good lord NO

JerolW likes this.
  25. Bern

Bern JC4Me

Cut/pasted/stolen from local news post...

“Thank you to all y’all for your passionate support,” Burton wrote on his Twitter page. “I am overjoyed, excited, and eager to be guest-hosting “Jeopardy” and will do my utmost best to live up to your faith you in me. YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE! Go ahead and take my word for it, this time.”

Burton’s episodes will air the week of July 26, 2021. The current guest host is CNN’s Anderson Cooper who hosts until April 30. Before Cooper, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers hosted, as well as Dr. Oz, Katie Couric, Mike Richards and Ken Jennings.

After Cooper, “60 Minutes” correspondent Bill Whitaker will host, followed by actress Mayim Bialik, NBC News’ Savannah Guthrie, CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta, ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, ABC’s Robin Roberts, Burton, financial reporter David Faber and FOX Sports announcer Joe Buck.

Grand_Ennui likes this.