Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Jeopardy - Post Alex Trebek Era

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veltri, Jan 11, 2021.

1. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

If each of those "hosts" does two weeks, and there are no breaks, that carries through to September 6th.

But, isn't there usually a summer hiatus for some weeks where reruns occur?

2. Bern

Bern JC4Me

Yes....I forget how long. It's pretty short though. 2-4 weeks a guess.

3. Bern

Bern JC4Me

They run the teachers tourney...then the college...and one more? Maybe 6 weeks?

4. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Son

All he has to say is that's correct and no. He'll be fine. Much better than his running sports commentary.

guidedbyvoices likes this.
  5. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

6. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Tell your mother to also pine for Aaron to not take a bunch of hard hits to his head while also still playing NFL football, that might loosen the cogs in his brain. Here in Northeast Ohio we have a former Cleveland Browns player who now hosts a local afternoon talk show and the guy is NOT right in the head!

7. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

Eh, Aaron Rodgers hosted the episodes directly following the unpopular Mehmet Oz, so of course his ratings were higher. I’d be curious how he measures up to all the other guest hosts.

8. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

mrjinks and tonyc like this.
  9. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

How about somebody with nice deep Shakespearean voice that uses there voice on commericals etc.
    yes a unknown...

Or have John Cleese host it .. In his own way...
    Didn't here the blooming question.?. are you that daft.?

mrjinks likes this.
  10. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Did the Marine in the middle suffer a stroke during the show today or is he just really bad at math? How else to explain that wager?

11. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Son

I was also wondering. Wasn't he at exactly 1/2 of the leader? I usually check the scores quickly before final and thought maybe I made a mistake. Wouldn't he have won if he bet the farm?

12. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪ Thread Starter

Yes, he would have won with a full bet.
    But the method lately is cover 2nd place and hope the leader flames out.
    The commercial actor won a couple that way.

13. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

When you consider the fact that appearing on Jeopardy! must be a Bucket List item for most contestants, it’s surprising how many of them seem to have little or no understanding of the basics of wagering strategy.

14. VU Master

VU Master Senior Member

I happened to watch last night and was amazed by Anderson Cooper's polished performance as host. He really stepped into the role well and seemed totally on top of things. On CNN he often seems to stumble, make grammar errors and speak in ways that seem quite unprofessional to me. But he was really good last night. (So good that I wondered if he was being fed lines by someone off screen.)

guy incognito likes this.
  15. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

As I've posted before, Anderson has hosted both The Mole and his own talk show in the past so he's probably comfortable with conversational situations as you can tell during the contestant interviews. He also displays an affability which gets tamped down on his more serious CNN gig. He's been the biggest revelation of the guest hosts so far.

16. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I seen a promo yesterday saying that Levar Burton is going to be on "The View" on Monday (04/26/21) to talk about his upcoming gig as "Jeopardy" host...

Michael likes this.
  17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Cooper...I'm hoping his appearance was limited to "guest host"...a definite no-go IMO...OK?, IMO....

18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

now that's exciting! looking forward to his appearance on Jeopardy!

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  19. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Pure speculation on my part, but perhaps they're going to go with the guest hosts up to the start of the new season so they won't air Alex Trebek episodes?

20. JohnO

JohnO Forum Resident

They're still running Alex on the Saturday episodes. But I guess they "have" to.
    I think it would be nice if they ran a summer or two months of Alex's best during all of his 36+ years hosting it.

21. m5comp

m5comp Classic Rock Lover

We get 2 episodes back to back every afternoon, with the 3 pm episode being Alex and the 3:30 episode featuring the guest hosts.

22. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

CBS, the distributor, has deals with the stations to produce so many original episodes per year. If they substitute more reruns, then they’ll have to renegotiate the deal.

The second runs and Saturday episodes on some stations are already supposed to be reruns from the previous season, so there’s no issue there.

23. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I’m surprised how “flat” Bill Whitaker has seemed to me on the episodes I’ve seen this week. I like the guy, thought he’d be quite good, but there’s no energy at all there. And I liked Aaron Rodgers!

What do others think?

24. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I watched on Monday and wasn’t impressed. But in fairness, most of the guest hosts have improved as they’ve hosted more episodes.

25. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

He’s pretty boring. My least favorite, by a wide margin, so far.

His responses to confirm an answer seems oddly delayed.

The best thing was the contestant in the middle tonight, Elliot (?), mouthing Whitaker’s interview question to him, it was classic.