Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Jeopardy - Post Alex Trebek Era

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veltri, Jan 11, 2021.

1. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

As an occasional watcher of Jeopardy, I think they are not planning on putting anyone permanently in as host until the Fall. They have until then to try various hosts (which reaps publicity unto itself), and review the ratings and other stats. The producers are always looking to expand their audience. They may be looking for a host that brings a younger demographic as their current audience ages out.

I think they will also rename the studio after Mr. Trebek in the Fall - around the time the new host is in place.

I am hoping that the writers keep up the tradition of one Canadian-based answer in every show as a tribute to the former host.

And as for Dr. Oz - NO!!!

2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

3. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Ken is a month in and doing a fine job. He brings that perspective of being a big money player too -he clearly likes high risk/high reward double jeopardy bets and loves a good close competition. I find his enthusiasm to be infectious. Just give him the keys already.

4. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

guy incognito likes this.
  5. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

It's going down the rabbit hole. my friend who watches it..
    Lets put anybody on there that wants to be Cardi B, Lady Gaga Randy Quaid.. etc.
    What a circus oh my.

6. BNell

BNell Forum Resident

Who me?

7. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I can understand people objecting to Dr. Oz as a "Jeopardy" host (I think he's not top choice either), but calling him a quack is out of line.

He's an expert in his field, and he wouldn't have gotten where he is if he were truly a quack.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  8. He is an expert in his field. I'm sure he's a fine surgeon. Probably an okay professor too, assuming he's not pitching miracle homeopathy instead of the intended coursework.

It's a shame he doesn't demonstrate that same expertise anywhere else he opens his mouth.

9. PrancyTheWonderBug

PrancyTheWonderBug Forum Resident

Who cares, I've been boycotting it since they dumbed it down for the masses. Art Fleming was right.

trumpet sounds likes this.
  10. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Regarding Dr. Oz, I'm sure that as a physician, he'll make a fine game show host...

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  11. Rob P S

Rob P S Forum Resident

12. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

In 2011, the FDA reprimanded Oz for an “irresponsible and misleading” report on arsenic in apple juice, followed by a June 2014 hearing where members of the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee grilled Oz for peddling ineffective and harmful products. Despite being thoroughly rebuked by journalists, the FDA, a group of physicians who urged Columbia University to can him from his faculty position at the College of Physicians and Surgeons, and over a thousand doctors who called on him to resign, America’s doctor has not let up making unsubstantiated recommendations.

America, We Need To Break Up With Dr. Oz

Shoes1916 and 905 like this.
  13. JohnO

JohnO Forum Resident

I think Ken Jennings is doing a fine job.
    We get a Saturday night episode here and I caught it last Saturday, and I was pleased that it had Alex, apparently an episode around three years old.
    As long as they are stunting with guest hosts, they could have Will Ferrell do one episode, or a week, introduced by Ken on the first or the only episode.

This is Ken Jennings' final week as "guest host", Feb. 15-Feb. 19, 2021. Next up is two weeks with Mike Richards, the Executive Producer of Wheel Of Fortune and Jeopardy!

The full list of "guest host"s lined up so far, with actual dates not filled in yet, is here on the official page:
    Jeopardy! Guest Host Schedule | J!Buzz | Jeopardy.com

Grand_Ennui and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  14. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I agree-I think he' doing well too...

I hope not-Just say no to Will Ferrell.

15. MikaelaArsenault

16. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Mostly terrible guest host choices , Jennings has done better than I expected . But this exec. producer guest hosting is doing an even better job imo.

Kyle B likes this.
  17. JohnO

JohnO Forum Resident

He was Alex-approved (this is Alex on SNL, on-air, once, during and ending that week's skit)
    [​IMG]

I think it could be interesting to see Ferrell do the real show. As a limited guest host.

Shoes1916 likes this.
  18. MikaelaArsenault

19. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

20. MikaelaArsenault

You're welcome.

21. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

All the dislike for Katie Couric puzzles me. She was very popular as the co-host of Today. Yeah, she leans left, but so do a majority of mainstream journalists.

22. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Besides that she's always come across like some annoying , totally fake cheerleader type :/
    Anyone who always smiles while reporting is not real imo.

23. IMMusicRulz

IMMusicRulz The Fifth Bangle

Well even though Ken Jennings has won more Jeopardy! Games than anyone else, I thought he would have been the perfect replacement. After all, he looks like Alex Winter.

But I think everyone should also level with Mike Richards. After all, he has had more experience as a game show. He produced The Price Is Right for several years.

MikaelaArsenault and aorecords like this.
  24. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

I think Mike Richards has been doing an excellent job. I like that he comes across as a neutral fixture of the set so focus is on the game and not who is trying to replace Trebek.

25. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I’ve enjoyed watching the episodes with Mike Richards as host.